Mixed marriages are better than pushing Sikhs away.

sanjsingh

well this idea does make sense. the family can have a wedding in the gurdwara and wont feel ashamed. but the anand karaj and guru ji wont be disrespected. just have vows such as "do you take him as your gharwali and gharwala" and boom marry them.

That's where i was getting at, may not totally replica western type marriage i.e- do you consider so and so as your wife and husband? But may be put some deep touch to it from gurbani. May be we need all scholars in khalsa panth to get together to search for alternative quotes encompassing unity, witness of vahiguroo ji which we can use from gurbani other than anand karaj composition and come up rough draft highlighting importance of anand karaj and walking on guru's path. I think we could really strike a right balance in this without totally putting off lot of monaie and non sikhs from sikhi yet maintaing sanctity of anand karaj ceremony.

I think its worth mentioning as we can draw interesting parallelism here from ceremony at takth hazoor sahib its called kirpan da amrit, bit watered down version of khanda batta da amrit. It's a one of old puratan tradition, its there to fulfill purpose to provide preliminary initiation to sikh brotherhood for those who are not quite ready yet to be take full fledge khanda batta da amrit initiation. These traditions are there to fulfill one purpose which is - those who are not ready yet, atleast oh gurughar naal joraie rehan and work towards their pace to khanda batta da amrit one day once they fully ready.

What do we have rather have? Community with full orthodox khalsa - either you are with us or against us kinda mentality or community with orthodox khalsa- providing within community alternative breathable solution provide them gurdwara services/chaplain services, parchar material, importance of anand karaj and let everyone go towards the goal of becoming sikh/khalsa in their own pace?

So basically twist everything for the convenience of those who choose not to change their lives, while we like to dream that they will. Sweet! :D

Veer Ji your signature over the past two days makes it seem like you're dukhi.

So basically twist everything for the convenience of those who choose not to change their lives, while we like to dream that they will. Sweet! :D

Not everyone is lucky like you khalsa ji who converted from hinduism to khalsa brother hood. Everyone is on different pace, have different karams- its not black and white..!!.

There are those who are truly believe, in order to take/receive amrit -one should be fully ready just like how panj pyares literally were, as they were bhramgyani gursikhs..they do have good argument..remember precedence set by bhai fauja singh ji- how he set himself on railway track to receive amrit and panj pyares finally decided that he is at the chardi-kalah level to receive amrit now. i think you will agree amrit sanchar has became mass production/assembly line robotic process it wasn't like this in 1699 .!!