Ardaas

Guest SCSingh

Guest ScottishSingh

Ok so baisically what I'm trying to find out is who actually wrote ardaas? I know tum tahkur tum pahe ardaas was written by Guru Arjan dev ji in Sukhmani Sahib. At the beginning of ardaas it says; Vaar Sree Bhagautee jee kee Paatshaahee Dassveen, So I thought that It must be written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji, but How can it be written by Guru ji if It talk's about thing's that have happened after his time, for example it talks about Bhai taru singh but he was martyred after Guru ji died?

I'm confused :s

Also who wrote Ageya pai akaal ki?

The beginning of the Ardaas up to "Sabh thaeen hoe sahaae" is from Chandi Di Vaar. As far as i know the Ardaas was written afterwards, by the Sangat i guess. I dont think theres any one single author. As well as it being a way to address Waheguru, its a way for Sikhs to collectively remember past events, to never forget everything that happened so that we can actually stand up and do Ardaas today.

Aagya Bhai Akal Ki is by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Heres a link to Chandi Di Vaar. There are some rules about reciting this Path, im not sure about listening to it. (someone else can fill in here)

Guest ScottishSingh

I'm on the fence to be honest, I think scottish people deserve independence because of what the English did to them in the past, but I don't know If Scotland will survive financially on it's own, Living in both Scotland and England I can see that the local councils here in Scotland spend a hell of a lot of money on local services and stuff for the people compared to the local councils in England, I just don't get how they can afford to keep doing that.

Guest ScottishSingh

Mr Doaba, could you tell me where is Chandi Di vaar written? Is it in Dasam Granth?

Also where is Ageya pai akaal ki written?

Thanks for your help already btw :D

well it is guru gobind singh ji's bani. he remembers all of the gurus before him and it is from chandi di vaar which is in dasam granth. after we remember many other singhs, shaheeds and all those singha singhnia who lived and breathed sikhi. parts are added to the ardas after big events such as "sri nankana sahib athe hor gurdwara gurdhama jina to panth nu vichora gaiya" it was written after punjab was ripped in two. and we pray for gurdwara in pakistan to stay open and in good condition. its been changing as sikhi eveloved and how sikhs were feeling.

I'm on the fence to be honest, I think scottish people deserve independence because of what the English did to them in the past, but I don't know If Scotland will survive financially on it's own, Living in both Scotland and England I can see that the local councils here in Scotland spend a hell of a lot of money on local services and stuff for the people compared to the local councils in England, I just don't get how they can afford to keep doing that.

Yeah i see where you're coming from. I want to read into it a bit more. Im trying to relate to it in the way we want our own homeland.

Mr Doaba, could you tell me where is Chandi Di vaar written? Is it in Dasam Granth?

Also where is Ageya pai akaal ki written?

Thanks for your help already btw :D

Yep its written in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. And im not actually sure where Aagya Bhai Akal Ki is written.

You can read Sri Dasam Granth Sahib on http://searchgurbani.com.

Dont worry about it.....happy to help. :)