Prime Minister Harper assures India, Canada is against Khalistan

Singh23

Article in the Globe and Mail: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/india-raises-concern-with-harper-over-support-in-canada-for-sikh-separatism/article4958650/

I am posting a view neither against Khalistan nor for it. I am posting this because I think it should be brought to the attention of the Sikh community. We need to educate the western world on what we as a people have gone through.

Furthermore the repercussions of articles like this are very serious.

What happened? We used to be known for our outstanding morals, hard work, charity, selfless service of humanity, unbreakable faith.

Not anymore. Very few people know the greatness of Sikhi including my brothers and sisters growing up here in the west.

I'm not saying I'm a great Gursikh, I beg for the Ot-Asra of Guru Sahib so I can be like some of the chardikala Guru Pyarai I know.

But REAL Sikhi, my beloved Guru's Sikhi, should spread like wildfire. It should leave people in awe. It should shake them to the core. It should awaken their soul.

What's wrong, what have we done as Sikh's, because something's not right here guys. I'm just beginning my journey and have no wisdom. I beg of my elders and more knowledgeable family. What do we do?

I don't know where Mr Harper is getting this information from!!!!!!

So the comment in the title is absolute rubbish!

The gurudwaras that support and provide financial aid for the khalistan movement are numerous!!

In just the Vancouver BC area there are several gurdwaras that come under this category and I am personally aware that this is no joke.

I won't lie, I added some masala to the title by paraphrasing this part of the article:

“In terms of the specific concerns that you raised, let me just be very clear, and I know I speak broadly for Canadians,” Mr. Harper “Canada is a very strong supporter of a united India. This is a view that is shared not just widely in Canada but very widely and very mainstream among our Indo-Canadian community.”

I won't lie, I added some masala to the title by paraphrasing this part of the article:

“In terms of the specific concerns that you raised, let me just be very clear, and I know I speak broadly for Canadians,” Mr. Harper “Canada is a very strong supporter of a united India. This is a view that is shared not just widely in Canada but very widely and very mainstream among our Indo-Canadian community.”

I don't think the average Canadian gives a flip about India.

Harper is just buttering them up."Yeah, yeah sure. We hate terrorism too. Jai Ho! Now will you please sign this trade agreement?"

India wants Canada to quiet the people speaking out about '84, Bluestar, kidnappings, and fake encounters. Canada knows full well that it can't stop people from peacefully protesting.

India is being taken for a ride.

That being said, we need to expose these tactics being used by GOI.

I don't know where Mr Harper is getting this information from!!!!!!

So the comment in the title is absolute rubbish!

The gurudwaras that support and provide financial aid for the khalistan movement are numerous!!

In just the Vancouver BC area there are several gurdwaras that come under this category and I am personally aware that this is no joke.

Yeah? How do you know where the money is going? There isn't any revival of terrorism. A faulty car bomb here? Ammunition recovered there? This stuff has been going on continuously for the past 20 years. The only reason India is making a big deal about it now is because of the Rajoana case and the Bluestar memorial. Sikh Human Rights activists in India get tons of support from the Sangat abroad. India doesn't like that.

I am aware that money goes purely in ths direction from a handful of gurdwaras in this area.

Yeah of course this is not about the activists but all about India trying to play happy families with other countries.

I have no interest in India's agenda as it has no interest for me.

But I wanted to make clear that it is not all hush hush and we all love India when it comes to all the sikhs here.

This is far from the truth.

The movement for a physical "khalistan" is non existent in Canada. There is no lobbying by any major groups for this end goal. But there is definitely an awakening and mass organization in terms of exposing human rights abuses, justice being denied etc. I feel all this can fall under the banner of 'Khalistan'. Also, every major Gurdwara across the countries still hoists Khalistan banners and honours shaheeds, this is our right to never forget what these individuals faught for, even though we might not be lobbying for that exact goal.

Recently the canadian revenue agency investigated the gurdwaras in BC because of the huge amount of cash allegedly going in to the khalistan movements.

This investigation was quite laughable by most when they first heard of it because-

-Nearly all the money involved is cash and this makes it so easy to make it disappear elsewhere and appear somewhere else on paper.

- Hence, it is not very difficult to put a cover or veil on any amounts in aid of khalistan movements!

I assume the comments from Harper could be as a result of this and similar investigations where they have found no solid proof.

One only has to be in close liasions with beings involved in the financial sectors of certain gurdwaras to get some confirmation that financial aid does exist.