gutka sahib beadbi

Guest beadbi

Im going to get straight to the point, I used to be a mona, not interested in sikhi at all then three years ago I got good sangat and kept my hair and dhari and have also take amrit during this time with maharajs kirpa, one day while cleaning out my cellar room which is always ridicously messy, I found a a gutka sahib in there which was in very bad condition, the cover was not there anymore and there were loads of angs ripped in half, I also cleaned out my ktichen and in one of the top drawer there was another half of the gutka sahib, The gutka sahib is in bad condition with lots of angs ripped and I don't think all of the angs are there I will look properly tomorrow as I am not at home right now, I was so shocked to see this, such disrespect for Bani I could not believe it, I tidyed the rest of the house and thankfully found nothing else, the person who did this was someone in my immediate family,, I will not mention who he or she but when I quuestioned them they did not know about it but regardless it was just wrong on so many levels, I put what was left of the gutka into a small rumalla and did an ardas for forgiveness for the person in my family, the person who did this their health is also not great and I told them this is because you did beadbi of the gutka sahib and you have to do the ardas yourself for forgivness and you will be fine , what do I do now, from what I can remember about 50 60 percent of the gutka sahib is joined togehter fine but the rest is ripped and not in good condiiton, what do I do

Yea the Gutka sahibs (in such conditions) are given at the gurudware to the granthi there, as they do the sewa at angetha asthan. i also got a question but dun mean to go off topic.. i always wanted to ask why do we have to do this, as in give away Birad birs and gutke away for sewa ? why can't we keep them with us, even if we cannot manage to do path from it, or if they get birad? if we keep the bir sahib's and gutke properly, and continue to do the sewa (as in keep in a neat cupboard only for maharj , with neat rumalas and sheets beneath) even though one is unable to do parkash, then is it wrong? why can't we keep them with usalways? please forgive me i am only asking and dunt mean to hurt anyones feelings.

bhul chuk mauf

i always wanted to ask why do we have to do this, as in give away Birad birs and gutke away for sewa ? why can't we keep them with us, even if we cannot manage to do path from it, or if they get birad? if we keep the bir sahib's and gutke properly, and continue to do the sewa (as in keep in a neat cupboard only for maharj , with neat rumalas and sheets beneath) even though one is unable to do parkash, then is it wrong? why can't we keep them with usalways? please forgive me i am only asking and dunt mean to hurt anyones feelings.

I think it is okay to keep the gutka sahib if it is not in good condition as long as it was not damaged with water or major beadbi. I think the only reason people do aghan bhet is because they cannot keep the birad saroop either because of lack of space/funds. So i think its okay to keep an old saroop, but this is just my opinion. Should check with others to make sure.

I think it is okay to keep the gutka sahib if it is not in good condition as long as it was not damaged with water or major beadbi. I think the only reason people do aghan bhet is because they cannot keep the birad saroop either because of lack of space/funds. So i think its okay to keep an old saroop, but this is just my opinion. Should check with others to make sure.

thanks so much.