Taking Amrit

I don't understand what the problem is ???

If you cannot get to bed until 12am, then do you still have to be at work for 8 or 9 am ??

Does this happen 7 days a week ??

I have worked 16 and 18 hour days for many years but still manage to get up at 4.30am the latest, to do nitnem.

The ideal method is to have 8-9 hours of sleep by getting to sleep at 10pm and then rising at 2.30 to 3am and doing nitnem and simran, then having a few hours sleep between 5.30 to 7.30am. - I find that you feel completely refreshed with the little sleep after the nitnem !!

@savinderpal singh ji

Here is a point, I heard Giani sant singh maskeen ji's katha, he was explaining, sikhs, who do path and keertan, simran, and on side drink or do other things, and come to gurudwara and bow in front of guru and they dont do what guru is saying, that means everything they are doing pakahand like seva, simran, path, is of no use, its like if you say you love some one but you don't really love him and set your own rules, its betraying , cheating your guru. but guru is so awesome, he does not minds it all,

so I guess amrit chakhna, its necessary but yeah as mentioned try to focus on simran, path, keertan at first start from amrit vela, as that time helps a lot, as in evening people are tired and get lazy. You don't become amritdhari overnite with a magic stick :D, guru ne sir mangeya si, that means guru asked for heads and those who gave heads said to guru whatever we have its all yours you don't have to ask for our heads, its all already yours since the day we bowed in front you.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

@ savinder pal singh ji, also don't worry about doing nitnem on time, as rehat in guru granth sahib ji also says gur satgur ka jo sikh akhave so bhalke uth har naam dhiave (so it means more important is you do simran early morning), fir chade diwas gurbani gawe ( then during day time do your nitnem), thats why its important to memorize all 5 bani's, its not difficult, moreover if you memorize those bani's you can do while you at work, and that will remind you always --dont say lie during day, don't do bad, doing bani'a path will help you become stronger from inside, utlimately in the end, its all your experience, if you do simran during amrit vela, you will experience things which can't be explained in words,

I don't understand what the problem is ???

If you cannot get to bed until 12am, then do you still have to be at work for 8 or 9 am ??

Does this happen 7 days a week ??

I have worked 16 and 18 hour days for many years but still manage to get up at 4.30am the latest, to do nitnem.

The ideal method is to have 8-9 hours of sleep by getting to sleep at 10pm and then rising at 2.30 to 3am and doing nitnem and simran, then having a few hours sleep between 5.30 to 7.30am. - I find that you feel completely refreshed with the little sleep after the nitnem !!

Ok... I will have a talk with Guru Gobind Singh g..... thoda amritvehle nu flexible kardo... merto uthya ni janda amritvehle :)

There is nothing to laugh at..... :)

Work comes first ...... Rabb da ki aa.... :) oh te hamesha hi kol aa :)

My dear sister, who is it that provides for all of our needs? Try and feel the pain your soul is experiencing through cycles of transmigration and being stuck in the emotional swamp of Maya. Try and contemplate his Hukam. Drink the ambrosial nectar of amrit and the Guru will bless you with divine understanding.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

My dear sister, who is it that provides for all of our needs? Try and feel the pain your soul is experiencing through cycles of transmigration and being stuck in the emotional swamp of Maya. Try and contemplate his Hukam. Drink the ambrosial nectar of amrit and the Guru will bless you with divine understanding.

I am Amritdhari :)

Work is worship :)

U sitl ideal... n think rabb aake hath te har chiz dega te datz not possible ryt...!!

Moh maya di gal karde sab.... Moh to dur rehen nu kende.... mainu eh samajh ni aunda... Je rabb naal moh ni howega te unhu banda manega kida....

I can feel the pain..... when i think of Guru Gobind Singh g and his sacrifice not The almighty... :)

If i will not be emotional how can i follow my Guru... Emotions are necessary.... Jee Jida apna apne significant other naal dil launde aa.. oda hi rabb naal lana penda e.... emotions are needed.....

ਮੂਰਖ ਗਣਤ ਗਣਾਇ ਝਗੜਾ ਪਾਇਆ
Mūrakẖ gaṇaṯ gaṇā▫e jẖagṛā pā▫i▫ā.
The fools try to account for their misdeeds, and argue uselessly

Why try and defend our own weaknesses ??

We are all guilty to some degree for certain misdeeds.

We should try and understand to ask for strength, so that we don't ever question these weaknesses.

I don't ever put an alarm clock on to wake at amrit vela.

I ask waheguru for strength and energy to get me up so that I may make the physical effort to get closer.

If I ever miss the waking up and end up rising a few hours later,I ask waheguru ji for more strength and forgiveness so that I may continue.

Yes, I may feel that I was tired and needed a few extra hours, but I don't accept that as an excuse,

I accept it as hukam and encouragement to make more effort.

I am Amritdhari :)

Work is worship :)

U sitl ideal... n think rabb aake hath te har chiz dega te datz not possible ryt...!!

Fantastic, you are Amritdhari, you are on the right path.

It is not a matter of sitting idle and expecting God to deliver food to your door. If one has complete faith in the Lord then you will understand that whatever He gives, you Receive. Someone working hard and getting money and paying for food does generate 'food on the table', it's all in His hands, think of it this way, you work hard and have faith on God and he blesses you with your needs. At the end of a day when you are enjoying the rewards of your hard work, do you thank yourself for doing the hard work or do you thank God for providing everything? It's mind boggling but even if we are working hard, our needs will only be satisfied if he wills it to happen. Also if your job was really coming in the way of giving enough time to Sikhi (that couldnt be solved by simply making greater effort to wake up as others have said) then it need not be that way, if that's what you really want and you sincerely ask God to provide for you then you can give enough time to Sikhi without worrying about the consequences. God will provide, it may through a new less demanding job or something else, it would be up to us to let go of our ego and accept a lower paid job and manage with less money.

A chardi kala Gursikh sister I know recently quit her well paid job as a lecturer because it was simply too demanding, she wants to give more time to simran and sewa. So she gave up a golden career opportunity and is now instead running a free coaching centre for disadvantaged youth. God provides for her and she has faith in him to provide.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji, whilst working towards realising Waheguru didn't show up to his office for months. When he returned, he was surpised to find that all his work had been done and nobody had noticed that he had gone (described in his autobiography). So, this is not a philosophical ideal, this is reality.

Please do some quiet contemplation on the subject, discussing on this forum won't help you, only the shabad Guru will give you intuitive understanding.

Moh maya di gal karde sab.... Moh to dur rehen nu kende.... mainu eh samajh ni aunda... Je rabb naal moh ni howega te unhu banda manega kida....

I can feel the pain..... when i think of Guru Gobind Singh g and his sacrifice not The almighty... :)

If i will not be emotional how can i follow my Guru... Emotions are necessary.... Jee Jida apna apne significant other naal dil launde aa.. oda hi rabb naal lana penda e.... emotions are needed.....

Moh is not "emotions", it is (emotional) attachments. Having empathy, feeling someone else's pain and acting on it by helping them is a quality. Being attaching to people, objects etc, separation of which causes distress and presence of which causes joy is an attachment not worth having. The only attachment worth having is being attached to His lotus feet.