The true jathedar of akal takht

Gupt daasan daas

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my personal view which like all my views i dont push on nobody is that the real jathedar would have to be ranjit singh. However, whoever would be jathedar would have to be 100% accountable to khalsa panth who should have the final say on choosing

even if you did not respect him for nothing he did as jathedar- sorting out narakhdari bachana means he's worth his weight in gold :lol:

Guest stopsingh2
bhai ranjit singh jee is the real jathadar

Why is he the real jathedar ? He was also handpicked by the Badal Tohra combine and his lack of action on Tohra visiting the Nirankhari Bhavan clearly showed he had become a political Jathedar.

Interesting… I use to support Singh Sahib Bhai Ranjit Singh Jee before. But for the last couple of years he has gotten very close to Sant Samaj, because of which he has lost a lot of support. Back in the olden days he was close to the Babbars, infact I heard he even trained with them. I don’t understand why he has gotten so close to Sant Samaj recently. I hope he comes back to mainstream.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

:lol: agreed wit singh47.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pyare jio, the way the process works in terms of selection of a new jathedar is:-

1. Every jathebandie, organisation, taksal, and Singh Sabha in the Panth is consulted with name of the nominated individual. They either agree to his/her selection, or disagree. If they disagree, then the have to present valid argument for this. If this argument is considered valid, then the person is not allowed to be jathedar. Similair to black-balling.

2. Sikhi does not allow voting as per Gurmat. Hence the institution of the Panj Pyares. Also you will notice in Gurdwaras people do not clap, or vote by raising hands. This is not allowed per gurmat. This is because everyone should debate until they come to one unanimous decision. Nobody is turned away, neither is thier opinion. This does work, but everyone needs to be a Gurmukh, and have understanding about how to do vichaar as per Gurmat. However over the years people have failed to understand this, or have been unable to justify their views and used force rather than reasoning.

3. The last person in the Panth to be selected by consulting all sections of the Panth was Bhai Ranjit Singh. Hence he is the valid jathedar. Bhai Jasbir singh Rode was rejected by many sections of the Panth for valid reasons, however his supporters used the gun to put him there.

4. Today we have Badal appointing Jathedars at his whim. He considers himself the Panth, and has no regard for Guru Granth & Guru Panth. Bhai Ranjit Singh, i personally never considered as having the qualities of a Jathedar. He has many admirable qualities, such as proven track record of Panthik seva, spirit a

nd courage. However he is illerate and easy led, as is the case by Sant Samaj today.

5. The ideal Jathedar will only be choosen when the individual is chosen by a criteria.

He/She needs to have:-

- a full rehaitvan Gursikhi jeevan,

- knowledge of Sikh rehat maryada, sikh history, and Gurbani.

- be an intellectual

- courage and spirit to speak against oppression and corruption

- knowledge of world affairs, media, and consider Sikhi a world religion, not a punjab religion.

I personally consider the dalai lama, is a good role model for how this role is conducted. He is a leader, but also an ambassador for his religious beliefs, and conducts himslef accordingly. He understand his role, and effectively uses his contacts and the media to progress his Tibetian interests.

At this moment there is no one than stands to mind that fits this context in Panjab. I firmly believe the ideal jathedar will now come from abroad as Punjab has a slave idealogue aswell as a corrupt one, inheret in it.

Jathedars needs to nurtured and created. The prominent jathabandies need to look at this. The Panth is weak, but jathebandies are strong. This is a bad situation for the Panth. The strong jathabandies need to unite to create a strong Panth. Often this means sacrificing thier self-interest.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

5. The ideal Jathedar will only be choosen when the individual is chosen by a criteria.

He/She needs to have:-

- a full rehaitvan Gursikhi jeevan,

- knowledge of Sikh rehat maryada, sikh history, and Gurbani.

- be an intellectual

- courage and spirit to speak against oppression and corruption

- knowledge of world affairs, media, and consider Sikhi a world religion, not a punjab religion.

At this moment there is no one than stands to mind that fits this context in Panjab. I firmly believe the ideal jathedar will now come from abroad as Punjab has a slave idealogue aswell as a corrupt one, inheret in it.

Jathedars needs to nurtured and created. The prominent jathabandies need to look at this. The Panth is weak, but jathebandies are strong. This is a bad situation for the Panth. The strong jathabandies need to unite to create a strong Panth. Often this means sacrificing thier self-interest.

very interesting thoughts jagjit paji

i think i've already made it clear that i believe some changes are needed! :lol:

whoever is jathedar needs to be able to stand up to anybody be they sgpc, chief minister of punjab, pm of india, ANYONE

i can't see

this happening

Sikh sovereignty is being sold off to the highest bidder from the top down

we need to correct this issue from the bottom upwards meaning the Panth needs to get together in numbers and overthrow the corrupt leaders that are betraying us

Surprisingly it looks like the only solution to the problem is a marxist/veblenist one

i am so bloody fed up. non of the so called leaders, scholers, vidvans, etc are leading us any where except to extinction.

look at the future and it looks no brighter, when badool goes his sons want to step in. we need the youth to come forward. we need a new leader.

i am so bloody fed up. non of the so called leaders, scholers, vidvans, etc are leading us any where except to extinction.

look at the future and it looks no brighter, when badool goes his sons want to step in. we need the youth to come forward. we need a new leader.

So you be the next leader............................................

Dont talk do it !!!!!!