PTC Punjabi UK launches on Monday 04/02/2013 (FREE on Sky UK)

SikhWorldTv

Beware of this channel. It might have Kirtan but the rest of the programming is bollywood bukwas. I hope people don't start turning to this channel and start to forget to watch the Panthic channels. Maybe this is the idea, start to get Sikhs viewing this channel and then take aware the power of the Panthic channels. The other agenda could be to get used to this channel and then when you have captured the audience then start to charge for viewing it.

Beware of this channel. It might have Kirtan but the rest of the programming is bollywood bukwas. I hope people don't start turning to this channel and start to forget to watch the Panthic channels. Maybe this is the idea, start to get Sikhs viewing this channel and then take aware the power of the Panthic channels. The other agenda could be to get used to this channel and then when you have captured the audience then start to charge for viewing it.

Yes I was thinking the same, the positive impact of the two Sikh Channels on the Sikhs in Europe has alarmed our enemies.

Do you remember channel punjab? It was free for like a month then they went pay to view. And one month after this they went bust.

PTC Punjabi (UK) will need to be a bit more advanced than the Punjab state version as some of the shows to me are just plain CR#P very immature, jokey, rude and simple and I mean simple slap-stick humour. Most of the time it is just one big biased advert for the Punjab government - back slapping to the extent of no other real news gets a look-in. The only reason I want it is that they will continue to broadcaste daily Gurbani from Shri Darbar Sahib ji and so for this reason alone I will continue to watch as no other channel has the rights to do so. I am still bemused by what Akaal Channel are going to be about as the way they are coming across the channel has the full support: "Akaal TV is the UK’s first television station under Sri Akaal Takht Sahib ji (BizAsia)", so is this a sister venture by the same people? It will be interesting to see how or if they are connected. The only good thing we have is OFCOM and so we can at least have someone to approach if it all turns out wrong. I did also read that Panjab Radio (UK) would be launching a TV channel http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/panjab-radio-to-foray-into-tv-with-youth-channel but since the announcement last year everything has gone really quiet?