• 2 months later...

ਗੁਣ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਿਉ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਆਵਣ ਜਾਣਾ ॥

Gun Anthar Naahee Kio Sukh Paavai Manamukh Aavan Jaanaa ||

गुण अंतरि नाही किउ सुखु पावै मनमुख आवण जाणा ॥

With no virtue within, how can you find peace? The self-willed manmukh comes and goes in reincarnation.

ਜੋ ਤੂੰ ਦੇਹਿ ਸੋਈ ਸੁਖੁ ਸਹਣਾ ॥

Jo Thoon Dhaehi Soee Sukh Sehanaa ||

जो तूं देहि सोई सुखु सहणा ॥

Whatever You give me, brings me happiness.

This is something different ਸੁਖੁ ਸਹਣਾ

ਸਹਣਾ is bearing.

We do not bear happiness, we enjoy/celeberate.

Any inputs.

ਜੋ ਤੂੰ ਦੇਹਿ ਸੋਈ ਸੁਖੁ ਸਹਣਾ ॥

Jo Thoon Dhaehi Soee Sukh Sehanaa ||

जो तूं देहि सोई सुखु सहणा ॥

Whatever You give me, brings me happiness.

This is something different ਸੁਖੁ ਸਹਣਾ

ਸਹਣਾ is bearing.

We do not bear happiness, we enjoy/celeberate.

Any inputs.

Good Topic !!

I think the key here is that we should bear and accept equally whatever the ONE Almighty gives us.

This could be BOTH Dukh and Sukh.

Yes we do celebrate and enjoy the sukh. We don't REACT to it equally as Dukh, because with dukh we may still have to accept or we get forced to accept, but we don't enkoy this giving to us.

To ACCEPT both EQUALLY means to ''REACT" equally when there is a Birth or Death, Win or lose, Loss or gain..etc...

What should his equal reaction be ???

Well, it shouldn't be mourning and sadness on loss and ecstatic bhangra on joy !! :excited:

It should be a very NEUTRAL acceptance, where one does NOT go to one extreme or the other.

It is ALL his sweet will or meetha banah.

When you get a brand new Corvette, then your reaction should be the same as when you crash it and lose it!

You should accept it (the receiving and losing) as BOTH his sweet doing of divine will.

Do we do this ???

I'm as guilty as anyone out there for failing to do this. But I do believe that when a Sikh has submitted themselves to guru ji, then they should submit ALL the doings to the doer. Be they SUKH or DUKH.

However, I do try very hard to stay neutral and NOT get overjoyed with any occurences of joy, sukh and celebration.

How does this behavior affect me ??

OK, I've been living this way for quite some time now and the best impact is that I hardly ever feel distressed, upset or down.

However, it does make me seem to others that I am ''care-free' and something may be mentally wrong with me. They think that because i'm behaving TOO NORMAL in abnormal circumstances, that something is seriously wrong with me.

In fact, my wife and family were getting convinced that I was suffering from some mental disorder like ADD !!!

The truth of the matter is, that I am probably in much more control of my mind and emotions. Because this is what it is about- having control over these emotions, and NOT letting these emotions take over your mind.

I'm sure Guruji, sitting on the hot plate had many emotions, but none of them got the better of him.

Yes- it can make your life a little hard in the real world, but you actually feel that you have more control over your mind, body and soul.

I think that this attitude can make you a more calmer person who doesn't have a short fuse or temper.

I hardly ever get upset by someone else actions any more, and I don't get too excited either !!

ਗੁਣ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਿਉ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਆਵਣ ਜਾਣਾ ॥

Gun Anthar Naahee Kio Sukh Paavai Manamukh Aavan Jaanaa ||

गुण अंतरि नाही किउ सुखु पावै मनमुख आवण जाणा ॥

With no virtue within, how can you find peace? The self-willed manmukh comes and goes in reincarnation.

ਦੁਖੁ ਦਾਰੂ ਸੁਖੁ ਰੋਗੁ ਭਇਆ ਜਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਤਾਮਿ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥

Dhukh Dhaaroo Sukh Rog Bhaeiaa Jaa Sukh Thaam N Hoee ||

दुखु दारू सुखु रोगु भइआ जा सुखु तामि न होई ॥

Suffering is the medicine, and pleasure the disease, because where there is pleasure, there is no desire for God.

Dukh is medicine and sukh is diesease.

Dukh makes u strong n close to death....

Dukh is very powerful coz it makes u to think of death.....

But I dont understand one thing.... Y dukh is so powerful as compared to sukh....?

Dukh is not powerful then sukh.

But a human being is weak which allows sukh and dukh to take over him/herself.

Dukh is not the thing we people pray or want to have in our life.

In mool mantar term Akal murat means one who does not come under influence of time.

Dukh and sukh are phenomena of time we need to take them same.

If you read History of Our Guru's you will see they have faced so many hardship in their lives and message they gave

ਜੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਦੇਹਿ ਤ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਅਰਾਧੀ ਦੁਖਿ ਭੀ ਤੁਝੈ ਧਿਆਈ ॥੨॥

Jae Sukh Dhaehi Th Thujhehi Araadhhee Dhukh Bhee Thujhai Dhhiaaee ||2||

If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. ||2||

ਜੇ ਭੁਖ ਦੇਹਿ ਤ ਇਤ ਹੀ ਰਾਜਾ ਦੁਖ ਵਿਚਿ ਸੂਖ ਮਨਾਈ ॥੩॥

Jae Bhukh Dhaehi Th Eith Hee Raajaa Dhukh Vich Sookh Manaaee ||3||

Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow. ||3||