Mom is vegetarian and very sick is it ok to eat egg

Guest Nimani

Damdami Taksal Rehit Maryada

http://www.vidhia.com/Rehat%20Maryada/Gurmat_Rehat_Maryada_-_Damdami_Taksal.pdf

There are also four H’s which must be avoided. Understand this without any doubt, no lies have been told. Hukka, taking tobacco(including any other type of intoxicants). Hajamat - removing/cutting of hair. Halalo - eating meat. Haram - adultery (sexual relationships outside of marriage). These are the four H’s.

Halalo Eating meat, fish and eggs

"Meat, all forms of intoxicants (including tobacco, ganja/cannabis and alcohol), wearing of hats and doing the pretense of rubbing soil on the body. A Singh with excellent rehat doesn’t associate with people who are engrossed in these sinful
habits." (Rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh Jee, 148)

The eating of meat is strictly forbidden in the house of the Guru. It is a cardinal sin to eat any type of meat whether it be Kutha or meat killed in any other fashion and it makes one a traitor to the Guru.

Just to name a few. And yes this is Maryada of Damdami Taksal. However, if its for medical purposes, then I am no one to comment. Might ask a Gursikh doctor/physician maybe?

My mom is very sick has cancer and she is vegetarian never in her life she ate egg or meat. Now she is getting advice of others to start eatin egg. Is it ok to eat eggs like she is eating medicine. Or should she not eat egg because that's what Sikhs are told by gurus. Please suggest.

OP Ji,

Let us know the type of cancer, and try and ask the doctor what the egg provides that is good for fighting the cancer. Any additional info such as stage, whether its metastasized. Also is your mom overweight, healthy sized? How is she physically, still able to walk, do work around the house? Is she going through chemo or any other radiation treatments?

We even have an Aunt Miriam and Deidre here !!

No need for the OP to disclose further information- I can imagine it being as distressing as it is !

Why can't we answer simple questions sensibly with some reasonable explanations instead of talking about Hazur sahib and rehat ??

It's up to the OP whether to tell us who has suggested egg or not.

We should be mature enough to give both answers. ie.. If it is the medics suggestion and if it's friends/family suggestion !!!

Why complicate matters further ???

I already stated what an egg is and what it contains and I also supplied two reasonable answers. If someone has a problem with these, then say so !!

Ha ha, he he.. no offence ! :wow:

I mentioned those popular newspaper columnists in UK because they advise individuals based on 'personal' information that is supplied to them.

I was poking fun at the way we are not even answering the poster but asking further personal questions!! :stupidme:

There is only ONE Marayada you SHOULD FOLLOW - The akaal Takhat one!! Meat is no big deal, you shouldnt eat it on daily basis , because there are enough other things - but if it is for medical reasons do it - but it should be Jhatka!

Meat eating is not forbidden , but it should be Jhatka - and in the best case only then when the animal dies out of age.

There are more important things to focus on besides meat

We even have an Aunt Miriam and Deidre here !!

No need for the OP to disclose further information- I can imagine it being as distressing as it is !

Why can't we answer simple questions sensibly with some reasonable explanations instead of talking about Hazur sahib and rehat ??

It's up to the OP whether to tell us who has suggested egg or not.

We should be mature enough to give both answers. ie.. If it is the medics suggestion and if it's friends/family suggestion !!!

Why complicate matters further ???

I already stated what an egg is and what it contains and I also supplied two reasonable answers. If someone has a problem with these, then say so !!

If I develop a surgery technique that allows for us to strap up women, remove unfertilized ovum and sell it as caviar, then that should be okay for us to eat as well according to your retarded logic. But trust me! It's really good for you!

So now I am an aunty jee?

Aunty Ji can we stop these guys from diverting the topic :p

I'm sorry to say that it's NOT my retarded logic at all, but actual fact !

It's us that come across with retarded logics and have created a catgory called hindu/sikh vegans.

i'm not trying to enforce any ideas on to anyone.

But we shouldn't adopt an attitude of ignorace, especially with the education and awareness that most of us have.

Please don't take my post to heart or be upset over it. I would rather that we all learn and adapt our attitudes with new knowledge !

If I develop a surgery technique that allows for us to strap up women, remove unfertilized ovum and sell it as caviar, then that should be okay for us to eat as well according to your retarded logic. But trust me! It's really good for you!

I'm sorry to say that it's NOT my retarded logic at all, but actual fact !

It's us that come across with retarded logics and have created a catgory called hindu/sikh vegans.

i'm not trying to enforce any ideas on to anyone.

But we shouldn't adopt an attitude of ignorace, especially with the education and awareness that most of us have.

Please don't take my post to heart or be upset over it. I would rather that we all learn and adapt our attitudes with new knowledge !

By preventing a a rooster from fertilizing a hen your removing the chance for that hen to have a child. Again a kin to locking a women in a cage and preventing her from having kids in order to...harvest...her ovum.

And please, for the love of waheguru, when you say its actual fact....does that mean you would have no problem with the situation i proposed before. B/c thats sick.