Colors TV India launching a drama named GURBANI, UK Sky tv

S4NGH

In UK, let's complain to Ofcom. There is law of land over here, not like Jungle Raaj of India, where Fascist Hindu media can insult any minority, portray them terrorists when they demand justice peacefully.Does anybody know how to complain to Ofcom?Can we file a petition to Ofcom?Shall we send emails to them?Shall we ask UK Sikh Federation to complain to Ofcom?Shall we ask Sikh media such as SikhChannel/Sangat TV to intervene?

Veerji, Colors TV is operated by Viacom18, a joint venture in india between Viacom and Network 18. Now a complaint to network18 will probably fall on deff indian ears. A complaint to Viacom (USA) may bare more fruit?... I have emailed Viacom asking them to outline the process of complaint as theres nothing on their website. Will post the response here...

State endorsed propaganda designed to gradually chip away at the target minds (i.e. Sikhs) of those watching such devious programming. It may seem harmless and others may say "Oh it's only a TV show" but it's a very clever way of introducing a certain agenda to the mass public without it being obviously blatant.

Thats exactly it..thats the reason i have been harping for ages for sri akaal takth sahib to own a media mogul..media is most powerful tool...we need to get on with the game others are playing in media to introduce agenda ...we need to use same tactics- subtle cunning tactics/systematic way to change public opinion all for right reasons, wider humanity/sikh interest - righteous dharma cause...!!!

akaal takht has been made completely impotent due to Badal and SGPC who serve the intetrest of central government, besides from issuing pantic edicts that nobody follows they do nothing else. The whole house of Guru Nanak is in a mess. I can sit here on sikhsangat and write all day that will do nothing. We need to get active in Gurdwaras, reform our Gurdwaras and institutions. We need one maryada, one parchaar curriculum,one calendar etc

Veerji, Colors TV is operated by Viacom18, a joint venture in india between Viacom and Network 18. Now a complaint to network18 will probably fall on deff indian ears. A complaint to Viacom (USA) may bare more fruit?... I have emailed Viacom asking them to outline the process of complaint as theres nothing on their website. Will post the response here...

OfCom is a regulatory body in UK, nothing to do with network18.

are far as i know it is ofcom that regulates all media in UK

channels use platforms ie, Sikh channel on Sky TV, sky TV use a different platform who own satellites etc Asian private/Channels on Sky have to pay Sky to use their platform.

Colours tv are independent of Sky just like Sikh Channel

I personally shall be complaining to them. What we need is a legal complaint that would be a lot more stronger than an individual complaint. The other we can do is raise awareness through media about this blasphemous drama and then boycott the channel dont watch it.....I know this Colours is a subscription channel, dont subscribe to it, terminate your subscriptions....I know alot of my mothers and sisters love to watch this sort of rubbish

are far as i know it is ofcom that regulates all media in UK

channels use platforms ie, Sikh channel on Sky TV, sky TV use a different platform who own satellites etc Asian private/Channels on Sky have to pay Sky to use their platform.

Colours tv are independent of Sky just like Sikh Channel

I personally shall be complaining to them. What we need is a legal complaint that would be a lot more stronger than an individual complaint. The other we can do is raise awareness through media about this blasphemous drama and then boycott the channel dont watch it.....I know this Colours is a subscription channel, dont subscribe to it, terminate your subscriptions....I know alot of my mothers and sisters love to watch this sort of rubbish

I believe they are still be regulated by Ofcom, complaints regarding educational programmes on SikhChannel to seek justice from criminal Indian system have been regularly reported by fundamental RSS/Hindu organisations in UK to Ofcom with no positive results, as they weren't able to prove anything. As per Ofcom - News Channels/Media function is to report facts, opinions are viewers opinions, and media is supposed to present facts, but not their opinion. opinion of all concerned is supposed to be presented.

If some Indian Hindutva media is planning to insult any community feelings, there are regulatory bodies here in UK who work on an independent, transparent and fair process to provide justice unlike in India, where official BABU sitting on government seat will take a bribe (as low as 100Rs.) and will never provide justice or delay it to make it ineffective.

OfCom is a regulatory body in UK, nothing to do with network18.

AND THIS IS WHAT OFCOM HAVE TO SAY:

We do not watch or listen to programmes before they are

broadcast. If you would like to complain about a programme that has yet

to be broadcast, you should contact the broadcaster directly.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/tv-and-radiox/a-specific-programme/