do sikhs only protest mixed marriages in gurdwara when its sikh girl

cgy99100

Its simple to me you are not a sikh if you have not followed Guru Gobind Singh ji's hukam take khande de pahul and keep rehat, which also says have allegiance only to the Akal purkh, Ten Gurus and there jyot which is SGGS ji maharaj,

Then there are Sehajdhari sikh who follow all the rules but have not taken amrit yet, that does not mean people who drink, smoke , go clubbing etc but go to the gurdwara occassionally and get married in front of SGGS ji, because they are from a sikh family background also a sehajdhari cant be one all his life he must at some point take amrit cant sit on the fence for ever, you can fool the world but no Waheguru ji.

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but the truth is the truth!!.

Everyone knows this in there heart, wether they want accept it or not thats up to them, i did and took Amrit because i knew it was true, i did all the above things and now know this is the only true path. So i agree with the other reply that you are not a sikh from birth you have to become one!

WJKK WJKF

how do sikhs define who is a sikh and who isn't when ppl get married in the gurdwara

if someone is born to a sikh family but is an athiest and got married in the gurdwara would that be ok

and then can't someone else pretend to be a sikh for the day and get married in the gurdwara or just lie saying

they converted to sikhism just to get married and then never say their sikh again

As Mehtab Singh wrote, we live the real world. If someone is born in a Sikh family unless he openly declares that he doesn't believe in Sikhi and is an atheist then there is not much that the community can do to stop him having an Anand Karaj. With a non-Sikh it is clear that they are not a Sikh and hence the actions taken against them having an Anand Karaj. If the non-Sikh states that he is willing to follow the teachings of the Guru then there is nothing any Sikh can do to stop him having an Anand Karaj.

If the non-Sikh states that he is willing to follow the teachings of the Guru then there is nothing any Sikh can do to stop him having an Anand Karaj.

Ok but make them at least stand up in front of the sangat and openly declare they now accepted sikhi & SGGS ji as there religion , have no allegiance to the religion they were born into, i bet some of them would never do it and if they say this but have no intention therefore lie, let them take it to there grave, i am sure 100% that Waheguru ji will deal with them if he dont deal with them sooner.

Also this would deal with those families who encourage there kids to have Anand Karaj after they find out he or she wants to marry someone from another faith, just to keep there so called izzat, which is a joke considering there child has done what they have and shows these parents never told there kids anything about there Dharam etc.

Also it makes no difference if its a boy or girl marrying a person from another faith, same rule should apply and its not like they cant get married there are civil ceremonies they can have elsewhere, just not Anand karaj if they dont accept sikhi and Maharaj SGGS JI.