Can i marry my bhabi's cousin brother according to sikh religion?

Guest prab

no bhaji, this does not happen in Panjabi culture. There is nothing religious about this, but it has always been a tradition in Panjab, that you never send a girl to a family from where you have brought a girl.

Generally people did do the watta satta in early and mid 20th century. Now days no body does.

In case of OP it is not watta satta.

It is Bhabhi "EK Roda" for OP

no bhaji, this does not happen in Panjabi culture. There is nothing religious about this, but it has always been a tradition in Panjab, that you never send a girl to a family from where you have brought a girl.

True, our people did not practice this. But people who lived in the western areas of Punjab that are now in Pakistan, Watta satta was widely practiced and probably still is. Even the Sikhs and Hindus who lived in those areas practiced this. By exchanging one's daughters like this, it insured that your daughter would be treated good or else the other party's daughter would be treated exactly the way your daughter would be treated, so watta satta insured mutual respect to the exchanged daughters. Who ever thought of this idea must have been a genius.

True, our people did not practice this. But people who lived in the western areas of Punjab that are now in Pakistan, Watta satta was widely practiced and probably still is. Even the Sikhs and Hindus who lived in those areas practiced this.

maybe bhaji, i dont know about that, but the cases of watta satta and the hindus and sikhs who did it, were khatri sikhs, who did it by marrying their massis children. for these khatrri sikhs who live in afghanistan and pakistan it is still practised today, and it is more widespread in the muslim community, but east panjab it is not favoured at all.

Nothing is wrong in such relationship if it goes ahead. However do think twice because of ur Bhai disapproval as your brother might not participate in wedding or future relationship with tem may look bleak.

Best to do is to tell your parents, if you haven't told them then think of doing so and they will talk with ur Bhabi etc...

Prab_

How could it be a exchange policy??

Well m not referring my bhabi's real bro.

N as far i knw inter family marriages r the ones where a gal boy who r actually cousins/real siblings marry. Which muslims conduct soo often.

Here the case is different he is someone in my bhabi's relatives. Not her real brother. The muslim thing is out of my reach.

The most disapproving thing dat bothers me badly is dat my bhabi's real sis can marry my 2nd real brother. Bt i cant marry my bhabi's cousin brother.

Wat sort of rules r these. M not being rebelion but guys tell me is it fair enough dat her real or cousin sis can marry my brother. M adding dis new thing bcoz my bhabi's family did talked to my parents for her real sister marriage wid my 2nd real brother. :D the moment i gotta knw of dis my case appeared to me soo idiotic.

Hmm i just googled the "watta satta " thing. It says the ur own gal is sent to the "same house" from where the other gal is married into your own house.

It would have been implemented in my case if i would take into consideration my bhabi's "real brother"..!

I want to make "clarification" that abt whom i m talking is "not at all a real brother" of my bhabi..

And the muslim thing of which some people r telling.. i want to make it clear again dat i have no blood relation wid his family in any way. soo its totally not inter family marriage..

It would have been implemented in my case if i would take into consideration my bhabi's "real brother"..!

I want to make "clarification" that abt whom i m talking is "not at all a real brother" of my bhabi..

He is as much as a real brother, if he is a cousin in East Panjabi culture. Ask anyone. What if your uncle tried to get you married with their son, how would you feel about that? That he is not your real brother? I dont know how you have been brought up missy, but this is totally out of our culture to do what you are asking. Just like marrying your own cousin would be.

The most disapproving thing dat bothers me badly is dat my bhabi's real sis can marry my 2nd real brother. Bt i cant marry my bhabi's cousin brother.

Its not the same, its still a girl coming from their family to yours. The direction is stil the same, it has nothing to do with who is who's sister, and who is who's brother. PLease stop making out it is the same. Sorry if my words are harsh.