Can i marry my bhabi's cousin brother according to sikh religion?

Guest prab

This is NOT a Sikhism issue at all. It is ALL cultural and even then it doesn't add up.

The watta satta is about not sending a girl to the family you have brought a girl from. If it was the Bhabi's real brother, then someone may argue this crappy cultural point. But it is not the real brother and her bhua's borther who is obviously from a different family and pind.

Therefore anyone trying to argue that it is NOT ok, is simply talking rubbish.

Sikhism does NOT come into this issue and the punjabi cultural argument doesn't stand true either.

thanku.. :D

Your bhabi's cousin may not be her "real brother", but in most Panjabi families cousins are seen to be just like your own brothers/sisters.

So even though you have no blood relation with your bhabi's bhua's son, maybe she feels uncomfortable with the idea of you marrying someone who is just like a brother to her.

Also, maybe you should have thought this through before things got out of hand and you developed feelings for each other. These kinda situations can get quite messy and bring shame to both sides of the family if things don't work out and you don't want to ruin the relationship you have with your brother and bhabi.

I think your bhabi's reasoning of "it's against our religion" is a poor excuse and one that's not true. So the best thing would be to talk to her properly and see if that's the only reason she disagrees with you, or if there are any other real reasons she is opposed to the rishta.

From a cultural perspective, I'm not 100% sure if this is okay or not but I'm leaning towards no. But it seems like you are determined to go through with it anyway so why not see what your brother and parents think before getting carried away.

hmmm u got it right..

in actual my bhabi's family r kinda jealous of his family ..coz they r well established n wealthy...

i knew it all b4..but i wanted to make sure of my situation soo dat i cud take a stand n cud strongly offend her on dis .. to get what i want..

u knw to make sure dat such relation is not a big issue

This is NOT a Sikhism issue at all. It is ALL cultural and even then it doesn't add up.

The watta satta is about not sending a girl to the family you have brought a girl from. If it was the Bhabi's real brother, then someone may argue this crappy cultural point. But it is not the real brother and her bhua's borther who is obviously from a different family and pind.

Therefore anyone trying to argue that it is NOT ok, is simply talking rubbish.

Sikhism does NOT come into this issue and the punjabi cultural argument doesn't stand true either.

thanks... it gives me strength

He is as much as a real brother, if he is a cousin in East Panjabi culture. Ask anyone. What if your uncle tried to get you married with their son, how would you feel about that? That he is not your real brother? I dont know how you have been brought up missy, but this is totally out of our culture to do what you are asking. Just like marrying your own cousin would be.Its not the same, its still a girl coming from their family to yours. The direction is stil the same, it has nothing to do with who is who's sister, and who is who's brother.

i have no intentions to provoke u.. but still whatever points u made to make me understand..r just appearing lil baseless....especially the uncle's son one.. from where do my uncles son stand in comparison wid my bhabi's bua's son..

den u say about direction..its also not clear to me..i wanna knw who n which people in history/past declared to c directions in conducting marriages...i can understand the point dat people in our culture do not exchange daughters..like in watta satta ...i wud still stuck to my saying dat i wont b marrying in her(bhabi's) home...i have no intentions to do dat...

I would've preferred to see such a dispute settled in the ring at Wrestlemania. A one-of-a-kind 'WATTA-SATTA GRUDGE MATCH'.

ok. so who would this be between, cos i got some contacts at wwwf. make no mistake i can arrange it.

Would you like to see the girl vs boy, or a double-team match?

ok. so who would this be between, cos i got some contacts at wwwf. make no mistake i can arrange it.

Would you like to see the girl vs boy, or a double-team match?

A mixed 3-person tag-team match featuring: The Son, His Mother, and His Sister VS The Son, His Mother, and His Sister from the other side. Whoever wins the match the daughter-in-law of that respective house reigns supreme!