Sikh Colours

We consume lot of drugs in form of medicine.... U know when a person suffers from mental disability those people consume those medicine which is made out of drugs...when u drink syrup u r actually consuming alcohol....

Christain took white, hindu red, muslin green. Sikh royal blue n saffron....but source is same......

U r hindu n u eat green vegetables which is the color of Muslim.... Muslim eat bakra which has red color of blood in it..... Christian are white luving people but they actually wear all the colors especially black......

N sikh mere veere check the color of rumale....pink,yellow.mention,blue. ....My Guru Granth Sahib g wear every color...... :)

1.regarding drugs and alcohol the ppm of these in medicines r very less secondly alcohol is a group in organic compounds have methanol ethanol,butanol,propanol and to name a few and the daaru is ethanol .. and its is not everytime ethanol in medicines........

2. i fully agree but for me words of guru r line of stone :tongue2: :waheguru:

3 it is what ppl do , our guru sahib doesn't wear but granthi's and others make them wear

Tobacco is kurehit, this lines talks about ਨਸਵਾਰ

੧ ਸੁਰਮਈ ੨ ਸਵਯੇ ੩. ਪੀਤ ੪ ਹਰਤ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਧਾਰੇ ।ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਕਸੁੰਭੇ ਕੋ ਨ ਪਹਿਰਹਿ I

Wear dark blue, white, and yellow attire which is clean. Do not wear red.

Bhai Daya Singh JI rehatnama

now what is being said?

੧ ਸੁਰਮਈ ੨ ਸਵਯੇ ੩. ਪੀਤ ੪ ਹਰਤ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਧਾਰੇ ।ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਕਸੁੰਭੇ ਕੋ ਨ ਪਹਿਰਹਿ I

Wear dark blue, white, and yellow attire which is clean. Do not wear red.

Bhai Daya Singh JI rehatnama

now what is being said?

I don't appreciate Bhai Daya Singh ji rehatnaama.

Just Guru Granth Sahib and Akal Takht Sahib.

This is exactly the problem we have !!

We have so many Sikhs following different maryadas and rehatnamas.

However, you won't find something included in the akaal takht maryada that maybe in just a few of the others.

All the other maryadas , add their own little extras in order to stay apart from akaal takht maryada.

We have these issues of colours, certain ritual additions and of course page 1430- the ragmala !!

regarding white veerji all colors when combined make white. :tongue2: :tongue2:

The above was a response to my post, in which I had said exactly the same thing !! :biggrin2:

We shouldn't condone or condemn rehatnamas of different jathabandis.

This is a completely foolish thing for any Sikh !!

However, we should recognize and accept that the 'Universal' maryada is Akaal takht and that governed by the Official Governing Body which is SGPC.

I am not praising them or anything, but at the end of the day they are Official and they role the dice and make the universal decisions, not the jathabandis.

If we have a problem to discuss about their maryada then by all means it should be addressed, but not otherwise.