The Kavi Durbar of Guru Gobind Singh

GSMANN

Beautiful work Bhai Sahib.

Just out of curiosity where have these manuscripts been found and how have you concluded these are from Guru Sahib's times?

Love it!

edit- I mean many of the manuscripts from non-Sikh and the general kavis from Guru Sahib's darbar that talks about many things such as history, philosophy, government and more.

Wahe Guru ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki fateh

1. There is no manuscripts i am aware of that detail the political inclinations of the Khalsa. To get a complete picture on needs to go through Sri Dasam Granth Sahib, Sri Sarabloh Granth, followed by the Rehatnamas. There are numerous texts from Guru Sahibs time which go into Sikh history.

2. The manuscripts i have detailed are verified and are listed in the essay where they are kept.

3. The Kavis spoke on different themes the main research in this area was undertaken by Piara Singh Padam in his Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji de Darbari Ratan.There is other non published work in this area as well. I don't think there is a complete list but Padam list's most of them. Unfortunately nobody has looked at this great treasure of the Durbar. Until there is a team of people translating these works they remain in the background. The website www.bhainandlal.com covers some of the works.

Most of the Kavis praised Guru Gobind Singh ji and this gives us details on the mutual respect by the Guru and by the Kavis.

Something additional to add to this is that the Vidyiasagar(Ocean of Knowledge) was the works of the Gurus and the Kavis that was lost in the River Sirsa and not Sri Dasam Granth Sahib as some people claim, There are fragments of Vidyiasagar still available today. Somebody needs to collect these works and bring this out into the public domain.