Sarbat Statement On Uk Same Sex Marriage Bill

sarbat

As God has designed all beings in the universe and Animals live in hukum, animals dont have free will.

So why is there homosexual behaviour within over 1500 non human species?

http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html

Apologies in advance for my crudeness but as soon I read this I thought of my dog-

He's a male dog and unneutered, only time he leaves the house is when accompanied by me or my dad, poor lad has never seen any 'action' so he tries to satisfy his desires/frustration by humping a cushion, occasionally trying my leg or going to mount any sex dog that has the misfortune to play with him.. Sometimes my dad laughs and says 'je bachara naam jap lenda tere eh halt na hunde'

Animals have an desire/instinct to mate just the same as humans, but humans should be able to make conscious decision as whether there is a point to it or not - so I don't think your point is credible.

My dads one of these village folk u keep bashing in your many threads but he's able to articulate the most complicated things in the simplest ways and can connect most things back to bani - wish our politicians/western worlds leading academics had this quality... But they can't as they don't spend day n night doin bandagi..

One of the most thought provoking things I've heard was when a local giani once said anything that brings you closer to god is what gursikhi is about, all else in life should be about necessities - slight tangent to what we're talking about but in some ways not all..

As God has designed all beings in the universe and Animals live in hukum, animals don’t have free will.

So why is there homosexual behaviour within over 1500 non human species?

http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html

Vaheguru has created man and woman for each other, but humans are also suppose to live in a Maryadha that animals do not understand nor can they comprehend which is why Human form is considered the greatest of the 84 lakh joonis. Humans who are on the path to Vaheguru are not meant to follow animalistic urges. Yes some animals feel homosexual urges, but some also follow their other sexual urges and start to mate with their own offspring and siblings, should we also start to justify incest citing that animals are like this so we should do like wise? What separates us from animals is that we are not slaves of our animalistic urges. We have the ability to control and live in a Maryadha that separates us from the animals. Gurmat teaches us to japp nam, read and hear bani and follow rehit whilst controlling vikaars and animalistic urges. One should try to mold themselves to suit Sikhi instead of trying to mold Sikhi to suit them.

Early life of a human, did we marry? Was there even a concept of marriage?

Ok, lets look at this from a pure Sikh view by observing the Anand Karaj, I have read the 4 Laava, not once it mentions about a love between a Man and a Women.

It goes even deeper than the physical appearance, 4 Laava talks about the connection of two souls and surrendering yourself to Aakaal.

Then this comes back to our leaders who run the Sikh bodies, all village folk. Majority of decisions that are made by them are on cultural base and this will have an impact on their interpretation of the scriptures.

Of course there would have been marriage.....without it what would be the ethical, moral and disciplined framework for human relationships ? Without it there is no difference between us and animals.

Throughout gurbani the metaphor of us being the wives of the husband Vahiguru is used. Has Guru sahib used the metaphor of a gay/lesbian relationship ? Why not ? Honest reflection is required rather than rebellious dissent.

Opposition to gay marriage is not due to the jathedars, but is due to an understanding of the SIkh view of marriage and how it has been practiced. Please answer this - why did the Gurus not allow gay marriages ? Why has no great Gursikh in history been gay ? You keep accusing other of having cultural bias, but do not realise that your own opinions are biased by modern day liberal, anti-family culture. It is not a neutral position even though this culture does not have an official name.