If Punjab Gets Its Independence, Will It Be A Full Democratic State ?

Guest Ksingh5

Guest Ksingh5

I concur with the brothers and that it should be based on the teachings of Sikhi. Democracy is fine but what if we have a majority that wants to carry on drinking sharab in the open and smoke narcotics? Laws are needed to curb the excesses men and woman fall prey to.

If this is the case, Punjab becoming a independent state is far from reality. You would need to state clearly to the people of the land, by gaining independence what will it give them, how will they as people be better off.

For Independence to happen, a referendum would need to happen. That's voted for by the people of the land.

So as it stands, majority of the people involved in this referendum will be current Indian citizens and how many of them want an independent Punjab?

Sikhi is a way of life in which 'politics' are ingrained. Thats why we have a sikh bank, sarbar khalsa etc.

Are they? I apologise for any misunderstanding but where is it?

I think all of these questions are redundant as a system is already in place to use.

As a religion "YES" but we are talking about running a country and economy.

Election is anti-gurmat as it makes people fight for no reason, and results in corruption. Selection, is our way.

So Punjab will be a communist state, who will select these leaders if not by vote from the people.

This selection, thats more open to corruption.

I think you either need to go back to the hindu forums, or head to the library (gurughurr).

As you have no idea about gurmat, or what sikhi is.

What is the true role of akal takht jathedar, badal sahib?

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

VJKVJF||

I concur with the brothers and that it should be based on the teachings of Sikhi. Democracy is fine but what if we have a majority that wants to carry on drinking sharab in the open and smoke narcotics? Laws are needed to curb the excesses men and woman fall prey to.

Btw, it is the anti-thesis of sikhi to have 'laws' aka corporate codes upheld by force that stop people from being them.

That kind of thinking, has a place in Pakhtunkhwa.

I think you either need to go back to the hindu forums, or head to the library (gurughurr).

As you have no idea about gurmat, or what sikhi is.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

VJKVJF||

akal takht jathedar - Currently a religious body not political.

Does the current Akkal thakat Jathedar have enough knowledge to control the countries ecomony, knowledge regarding trade, building infrastructure to support current & future technologies. Setting up support to help the thousands of poor people, who currently exist within Punjab.

Badal Sahib - The leader of Shiromani Akali Dal, you serious?

As you have no idea about gurmat, or what sikhi is

As I have no Idea so please help me, like I said earlier, where can I get this information from.

SGGS helps me in my spiritual life and my personal goal towards Aakaal but running a country, sorry have I missed something?

I have been civil in my discussion so expect you to be the same.

Btw, it is the anti-thesis of sikhi to have 'laws' aka corporate codes upheld by force that stop people from being them.

That kind of thinking, has a place in Pakhtunkhwa.

Can you explain in more detail. I apologise for not understanding but what do you mean by "it is the anti-thesis of sikhi to have 'laws' aka corporate codes upheld by force that stop people from being them." ?

I think you have a powerful statement, you just need to explain in more detail.