WOLVERHAMPTON!

Nama Singh

VJKK VJKF

(sori , this post is a bit messy but hope ull read it all!)

Ok well, we really have kicked off the Wolverhampton Sikh Society 2004 with a bang! Photos are available by going to http://www.sikhifm.com/photo_index.htm

We had our enrolment and wow... it was reli successful. With Maharajs kirpa, we had over 80 new members from uni enrol with Sikh Societies in one day n expect more at our first event(6th October, Cha n Samosa party!).

If ure from around wolverhampton area, heres some of the brand new events going on that mite interest u...

November - Fri 26th to Sat 27th we have the SIKHS IN THE CITY show which is reli popular comin to Wolverhampton Arena. e-mail me for more information about that

We are also doing weekly events -

Every wednesday - There will be keertan event at "Ramgharia Sikh Temple" in Wolverhampton City Centre starting from Wednesday 13th October 1pm onwards!

Every other wednesday will be football! This is for members and non-members... for more details, again... E-MAIL ME!

Every friday we are also starting something up for the kids who are not yet at uni and i guess its also something appealing for all ages. This is also a keertan event which will alternate between Sedgley Street Gurdwara and the new Wednesdfield Gurdwara! However, in a month or two, this will start to incorporate story telling, speeches, competitions and more. We will let u kno

w more about this once its all finalised.

Theres loads thats going in Wolverhampton this year and next and if you wanna help or nething then please do contact me n lemme know. (e-mail: aman@sikhifm.com)

hello, erm slightly confused, i know quite a few people in wolverhampton who are involved in different types of seva, and i was speaking to soome recently and none seemed to know who you were... im just saying this because from your mail it would appear that you were the main guy in wolverhampton.

Whats the deal?

I have seen mr sodhi's production myself and found it very entertaining, have you seen it yourself, and when did you become Mr sodhi's agent for seeling tickets and giving out information, doesnt he have a website or doesnt the theatre sell the tickets themselves? I was under the impression that BOSS and hence the west midlands universities were arranging a visit to see the production, are you somehow affiliated to them?

Also finally if you wish to do seva in your own area, good luck, but maybe you should ease up a little and create a diff email add for wolverhampton seva, since it's starting to sound very hunkari with sikhifm this and sikhifm that!

Good luck with the kids progs, pls let us know when they have started!

Veer jee, ure reply back to this post is very negative... something which Sikhi cud do without. Please dont take nething i say offensively.

First and foremost, i am the lowest of the low. I never claimed to be any type of sevadar nor did i write this topic with hunkaar as u think i have done.

People dont know me coz i stay in the background and do not want to be in peoples faces all the time. Im not locally "famous" n thats what i want.

Sikhifm.com is our contribution to the Cyber Sangat. It doesnt make money, it doesnt have neones name plastered all over it and it doesnt promote negativity (i think).

Theeka, i do mention the site a lot on this forum - but ONLY this forum because members, like urself, are good and honest people and i can do with honest opinions so i do thank u so much for your reply and i will take into account the things u have mentioned truly.

The thing is how can this be hunkaari ji? I do not understand ure point because no one is really gaining from this? The website has brought loads of people to look and learn from the website - i see these in the stats that are produced. The sevadars spend a lot of time n effort in this project so people all around the world can see the Sikhi based projects and events that go on throughout EUROPE.. not only wolverhampton. notice photos from places like Italy, France, Sweden, Denmark... notice audio from ALL around the world. notice videos also from different resources not only made in UK. So ure saying its to give Wolverhampton a big head? Yes, the sevadars involved reside in Wolverhampton and this is why there are more events from Wolverhampton and the West Midlands on the whole. However, the inv

itation is open to all.. if u have stuff u wanna put online, bring it and we will put it up online no matter where its from. Paaji, look at the PHOTOS VIDEOS IMAGES AUDIO and look how much space these take... the space does not go on trees. There is funding going into that from peoples own pockets. Now u can twist n say thats hunkaar but this is purely to raise awareness to u who doesnt seem to understand wot it takes and how unfair ure comments are.

Now, Sikhs In The City. No, the site is not affiliated with Sodhi Singhs production HOWEVER, the Sikh Society is and the Sikh Society is helped by BOSS who, all praise to them, do produce loads of media like posters n CD's n packs for members of Sikh Societies.

Next, Wolverhampton Sikh Society is affiliated with other Sikh Socs in the UK mainly Birmingham Uni, Aston, UCE and now coventry because these are the main uni's that help in West Midlands Sikhi Week. The Sikh Society isnt a solo uni project. We cant do it all ourselves.

Next, photos from Cha N Samosa event - these will be online shortly once i have recieved them from the paaji who was taking the fotos and you can view these to will.

Next, weekly Fridays keertans are currently POSTPONED because we are considering an alternate day or every 2 weeks because we want to involve more sangatt also from Birmingham so it will most likely start in a couple of weeks once its been arranged finally with the Gurdwaras involved. I will keep sangat posted on this.

AND FINALLY, paaji, i do apologise if i have upset u or neone on this forum and i hope people, if they do have ne problems or comments or suggestions, that they do also post on this forum or i prefer u e-mail me directly. It can only improve with ure help.

Sikhifm is a means for parchaar - for spreading Gurbani, for spreading Gurmat and for spreading the message to people as far as we can. Im not forcing neone to go to the site. U go on the site because u either type it in ure browser or u click on a link. I

f u dont like the site paaji, thats fair enuff... cant please everyone. I know it doesnt even come close to being the best site around... but we do the best we can...

BHUL CUHK MAAF KARNA

Sorry for makin it so long :lol:

ahh its Maharaj's kirpa. Seriously.

Hanji, there will be more Atam Ras keertan uponline very shortly. We r looking to put some up by the weekend so probably tomorrow or saturday. The reason why it does take time for us to bring these files to u is because we have to spread the real popular stuff out a lil bit because of bandwidth.. if we stick ALL the Atam Ras keertan we have up all at once... the bandwidth wud be drained and the site wud go down. So do bare with us jio.

PS. SIKH SANGAT ROCKS

Hmm yes ok, i'll leave it for now, was just makin a small point guess its not really right to air dirty laundry and all

from what i here there are a lot of youngsters who have begun wolverhampton uni this yr, and i think these guys should actually get real parchar started in wolverhampton by doing seva for seva's sake and not self glorification, wolves it would appear has sadly missed out in previous yrs.

Hmm yes ok, i'll leave it for now, was just makin a small point guess its not really right to air dirty laundry and all

from what i here there are a lot of youngsters who have begun wolverhampton uni this yr, and i think these guys should actually get real parchar started in wolverhampton by doing seva for seva's sake and not self glorification, wolves it would appear has sadly missed out in previous yrs.

there reli is no dirty laundry to air. Yes there are a lot of youngsters in Wolves Uni especially Sikhs and we r organising ourselves this year the best we can and know how to.

NO ONE is doing things for self - glorification. U r so wrong to say that. We havent done brilliantly in the past but that dont mean we gonna stop trying. N we dont need the negativity. This isnt about Wolves being <admin-profanity filter activated> n birmingham being wkd or woteva... we are all united. No one is competing however comments like ures does create divides so please refrain from this on SikhSangat.com n lets keep this forum positive so people may do positive things.

Oi you better relax a bit my friend, dnt get your fingernails out at me.

What are you on about? The comment is true, look how big a city wolverhampton is for sikhs, and you tell me how much parchar is happening across the city? Particularly for the kids? Nothing to do with sikh socities, simply that is usually students who raise the parchar levels in areas. Wolves has missed out, its a simple fact.

And dont give me this negativity rubbish, doesnt wash with me mate, i stated my view, you dnt like it, tough. Not about divides so dnt hide behind that safety cover, there are plenty of places around this country that need to pull their finger out.

Glorification happens everywhere, people wont do seva or even allow seva to be done unless their involved in the project, its a simple fact of life, you will find that people will like to be at the front of things and drop names, when they know nothing of the reality.

You need to stop taking things so personally, unless something has hit a nerve, mr wolverhampton. You carry on doing ur stuff, just some advice though, dnt try and stop anybody else from helping either. I'll leave it at that.