Karorsinghia Misal

Phulkian Misal

Ahluwalia Misal

Bhangi Misal

Waheguru

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Our ancestors kept all muslims at an arms length, even the ones they befriended or were fellow villagers. The danger lies in the dormant aspects that can take full form at some unfortunate point in the future. I know many doabias go to these sufi-lite jagahs, but they don’t realize that all it’s going to take is a slight consolidation by a genuine muslim leader to bring their children permanently into the fold. After 2 or 3 generations it can go from casually visiting the pir,  to building mosques in the pinds. The native Punjabi Sikhs just don’t see the wider picture. The loss of half of all land and wealth and about 10-20% of the Panth isn’t enough of a reminder. Or the fact there are only 15 thousand Sikhs in ALL of Pakistan, while there are over 0.5 million in just Indian Punjab. Sufi or no sufi, we need to learn to stay clear. Reciprocate the same level of respect, sure, but nothing more.
    • Nothing like this instruction exists in any extant rehats I have seen. I think it is just something people learnt to say to stop people asking them to show their kirpan. 
    • No I don't really use the word 'broads' in conversations I have. I just use it online for a laugh. Your explanation is a good one. 
    • Moinudin Chisti (Ajmer Sharif) is probably the most well known Sufi in India. The dargah Ajmer Sharif, shrine of Moinudin Chisti is one of the most well know dargahs of South Asia, many Bollywood actors go there. Chisti came into South Asia with the invaders and supported the invaders in their Jihad against the Hindu kings. When Muhammad Ghori defeated the Hindu king Pritviraj Chauhan, Chisti rejoiced and wrote how Pritviraj Chauhan was handed over to the "army of Islam"  
    • Sikhs at Rauza Sharif, shrine of Ahmad Sirhindi. 

Important Information

Terms of Use