Background Of These Shaheeds

Please clarify on the background of Bhai Mati Das, Bhai Sati Das, and Bhai Dyala Jee. Some historians say the they were from Brahmin families, others say they were from Chheembay family (same as Bhagat Naam Dev ji). Also, why is Bhai Sati Das sometimes referred to as Bhai Sati Ram? And was Bhai Dyala Jee's real name Dyal Das?

Just curious, especially after we started a thread on when our families came into Sikhi. I didn't want to spoil that thread so starting this one. I asked this question elsewhere too, but didn't get very many encouraging replies. Now I know Sikhi is anti-castes, however, since we were discussing how our families got into Sikhi, I thought might as well throw this question over here as well.

I just got a gut feeling, maybe I am NOT the first Sikh in my family after all! :D

Thanks

Bhai Mati Das and Bhai Sati Das were Chibber Brahmins, having a common ancestor with Kesar Singh Chibber. Their father took part in the battles of Guru Hargobind Sahib. Dargaah Mal, the paternal uncle of these Shaheeds was the Diwan of 3 Gurus.

Just for your information, there were alot of Sikhs of Brahmin backgrounds in Guru Hargobind Sahibs army.