Top Five Greatest Generals Of All Time? The Final List After Years Of Discussion

PP02

This topic has been discussed to death on so many forums. I have been lurking around on different history forums..and they have been debating this issue for length!!! Probably a million posts already, in different forums....and then something interesting happened around 2009..few guys from different forums assigned certain standards on how to judge a general..assigned different criterias and assigned points to those criterias..and started to debate on single generals one by one..And different forums co-ordinated with eachother and published their list..and that list was debated, refined....Long story short...after in depth analysis, others opinion, and my personal readings.... This is what comes out from an objective historical perspective...

Top five greatest generals of all time (Final list of the ultra-heavyweight category of supreme military commanders of history)..

1- Changez Khan.

2- Khalid Ibn Walid.

3- Alexander the Great.

4- Hannibal Barca

5- Julius Caesar.

I would have put Hannibal Barca above Alexander, but Hannibal did not finish his war sadly.....

Honorable mention : Subutei, Timur, Napolean, Duke of Marlborough, and many others....

Anyone here interested in military history? What do you think of this final list? Agree? Disagree? Discuss....

All these generals in the end were turned to dust and had to answer to dharam raaj for the countless innocents they killed and those who spread man's religion with the sword.

Arguing over such things is not on my priority. What did they bring to humanity ?

There is another way of looking at it..

Generals like Changez Khan, Khalid Ibn Walid, Hannibal Barca etc stood up for their people, and fought against all odds to defend their weak people against bigger powers...

Anyways, thats not the point...My point was just to discuss pure military aspect of these greatest generals...

well caesar spread civilisation across the world through conquest, yes people died, but the world advanced. we shouldny be so narrow minded to say they did nothing for the world. How do you know what their avastha was? did you know them? With Bhagti comes Shakti. Their bhagti might of been in this life or the last. Dhan Dhan Guru Maharaj.

All these generals in the end were turned to dust and had to answer to dharam raaj for the countless innocents they killed and those who spread man's religion with the sword.

Arguing over such things is not on my priority. What did they bring to humanity ?

well caesar spread civilisation across the world through conquest, yes people died, but the world advanced. we shouldny be so narrow minded to say they did nothing for the world. How do you know what their avastha was? did you know them? With Bhagti comes Shakti. Their bhagti might of been in this life or the last. Dhan Dhan Guru Maharaj.

Caesar was probably the most selfish of all my stated generals lol ..He fought for his own purposes...He caused the demise of Roman Republic for his own interests... There is nothing as "spreading civilization". This was an idea created by Romans (and West in colonial era too) to justify their plundering of lands...Arabs also spread "civilization", so did Mongols, Ghaznavi, Mughals and so on..whats so great about it?

In terms of fighting/standing up for one's people...I'd rate Khalid as number one..and Hannibal a close two....and then Changez as he loved his people too...

Alexander , Caesar etc fought for themselves...