URGENT-GuruJi to be abused again!! SLOUGH

WaahegurujeekaaKhaalsa,

WaahegurjeekeeFateh!

WHAT & WHERE?

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is to be taken to Baylis House (Banqueting Suite), Stoke Poges Lane, Slough, Berkshire. SL1 3PB (http://www.baylishouse.co.uk/floor_plans_conf.htm)

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=49...p=newsearch.srf

WHEN?

Sunday 17 October 2004; in order to conduct a supposedly Sikh wedding ceremony.

WHO?

It is not known where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's saroop is to come from. In the circumstances the only information available is that of the family – Harbhajan Singh, Heston, Middx and Mohinder Singh Syan, Southall, Middx. The home address and telephone number is known to us.

WHAT'S HAPPENED?

Enquiries have been made as to where Guruji saroop is to come from but no definite information is available yet.

The family have been contacted by telephone on three occasions from Thursday (7th Oct) through to Sunday (10th Oct) - the Hukamnama has been explained and alternative locations discussed. Harbhajan Singh has no regard for the respect of Guruji or the Hukamnama. The family is only concerned about the reception party; everything else is just a formality. Harbhajan Singh feels that he is not answerable to anyone and he has bought the right to abuse Guruji for the day. He has been continuously abus

ive over the phone.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

1. Call Baylis House on 01753 555508, ask to speak to C.L. Bhalla (M.D) or Manager Vish Bhalla (vish@baylishouse.co.uk) and tell them that:

a) the wedding which is due to take place is very offensive to Sikhs and is being opposed by all the leading Sikh organisations in the UK (including the National Council of Gurdwaras);

b) that there will be a large protest on the day with the media being invited to attend as well;

c) that they should contact the Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Campaign's Gurjeevan Singh on 07743-211135 if they wish to discuss this further.

2. Apply pressure on the local Gurdwaras’ in Slough to take an active role in stopping this abuse of Guruji. Sri Guru Singh Sabha (01753 531826) and Ramgarhia (01753 525458) have responded very poorly to this issue and are not willing to take any responsibility for resolving the situation. The 2 Slough Gurdwaras must take a lead in stopping acts of sacrilege against Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, particularly as they wish to open a Sikh school within the area

3. ABOVE ALL, organise transport from your local area for the Sangat to be present at Baylis House on the 17 October 2004 to STOP this act of abuse from taking place. Further details will be given shortly.

Sangat ji - we can stop this disrespect happening if we all work together. Other culprits, who continue to sell Guruji as a commodity, will be identified on the day. These culprits will be made responsible for their actions!

Stay Chardhi Kala!!

WaahegurujeekaaKhaalsaa,

WaahegurujeekeeFateh!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh

sangat ji we need to act together on this it makes me sick that socalled sikhs are doing this beadbi when are we going to learn how to respect Guruji. Its the central point in our lives may it be wedding, births, death we put Guru ji FIRST we seek the blessing off Guru ji for everything we do, yet some ppl seek a blessing while slap Guru j in the face what type off ppl are these. We i will be making calls tomorrow and sayinng it in a strong tone as ppl dont seem to listen. Guess Guru ji is testing us how much LOVE do we have in this important year, at least when i go back to the Creator i can say i was there trying pleading with these ppl to stop the beadbi. May Guru ji guide us and help us to do this seva and any other seva that is coming our way.

I for one will be THERE

its time to be counted

GUR BAR AKAAAL

DEG TEGH FATEH

Bhai Jinda BHai Sukha guide us and be with us brothers, let us tread your path;

sukdev

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The continous abuse of Guruji in the UK is a far worse problem than a lot of us first thought it was. Now that we have some sort of communication network in place the information is more public.

In a span on 1 month there has been one account of beadbi in Slough (Vikram's Occassions Palace) and one potential account of beadbi (Baylis House).

The Slough Gurdwara Sahibs have to get their act together and take a responsible role in Sikh issues within the area. I personally spoke to a Sohan Singh who claimed he was the President of the Ramgarhia Gurdwara committee. He was not interested one bit in making a stand. He said that it's not their problem as GuruJi's saroop is not coming from their Gurdwara. Baylis House is almost next door to this Gurdwara. A Gurdwara Committee are an elected group of Sikhs who are meant to be taking a leading role in promoting Sikh principles. It's part of all Gurdwara Consititutions.

Gurdwara Committees of today run Gurdwara's as if they are just Wedding or Programme Booking Offices. As long as the Programmes run smoothly they are not prepared to take any other involvement in Sikh Issues!!

The Slough Gurdwaras are active in trying to open a Sikh school but they must also be active in stamping out this abuse of our Guruji. It's hypocritical to teach children to love Guruji when these committees obviously don't!!

Guest stopsingh2

RespectForSriGuruGranthSahibJi, I respect the work you are doing to stop this beadbi. But how much more are we going to tolerate. We need the Akal Takht to summon a few people for flouting the edict. This will deter others from undertaking acts of such beadbi.

In a previous thread you mentioned that you could report these bedbi wale to the Akal Takht. Please lets get one case to the Akal Takht.

Also can we have an update on the BSC / Hoonjan situation.

Author: Surjit Singh

Date: 10-12-04 17:08

I do not what the big fuss is about. Till 1947 all the marriages took

place in the bride's house. The place of Parkash was cleaned and Durrees

and Khes were spread. The Parkash was done on a Takhat Posh. I saw

hundreds of marriages in thirties and forties, which took place in this

manner. Everybody was in a reverent behavior so long the Guru Granth

Sahib was in the house. Doing the marriage in the Gurdwarah was

considered a social shame. 1947 brought unspeakable crimes against young

girls. The parents of the girls who migrated to India wanted their

daughters to be married as fast and as economically as possible, The

multiple marriages in the Gurdwarahs became the norm. One Saturday I saw

six marriages taking place simultaneously in Gurdwara Pipli Sahib near

Putlighar ,Amritsar. Then we went back to old customs again. Suddenly

the money of green revolution started pouring and marriage , dowry ,

liquor and everything else became a matter of competition. Hotels and

Marriage Halls moved in to make a buck. I have seen videos of langar on

the top of the table while cases of whiskey open visible under that

table. If this is going to happen then it is a total disgrace. However

proper decorum is kept such as shampooing of the rug and other

cleanliness is undertaken that the place is worthy to receive the Guru

Granth Sahib then it is a different matter. These so called Thekadars of

the Panth show enough disrespect to Guru Granth Sahib when stand up at

the Gurdwara stage and start calling each other names. Biggest

disrespect to Guru Granth Sahib is when in our daily life we br

eak His

(Guru's) commandments. Most Gurdwaras under control of Madsands who sell

indulgences or try to squeeze the families or show outright insults, and

their whims become Gurmaryada on the spot. What a thinking Sikh to do?

I came to United States almost fifty years ago. My children born and

raised here as Gurshikhs. I have married them in the Gurdwaras and

Public Parks.Every experience in the Gurdwara was unpleasant, since 80%

of my guests were Caucasians, all with their heads covered and sitting

very respectfully on the floor during the service and eating the langar

in the pangat,still there were comments. I am an Amritdhari Singh since

1945 and my children are Amritdharis and so are their spouses, but they

are not good enough because they cannot do the Keertan and do not

believe in meaningless rituals.The big kathakars cannot discuss the

issues of Sikh theology with them. My last daughter is going to be

married and most probably it will not be in the Gurdwara, even though my

prospective son-in-law wants a Gurdwara wedding.

Could somebody including the so called sikh pope explain to me What does

it mean when the Gurbani says.

Jithay Jaaye Behai Mera Satguru Soiy Than Suhawa Ram Raje.

Did Guru ji sat in a Dharmsal and people came to him or he traveled

close to 20,000 miles on foot. Did Untouchables, Muslims Budhists and

Hindus touched him. Did he feel polluted. Did all the ground he walked

was purified?

This does not mean that the required decorum is not kept and the utmost

respect is not accorded to our living Guru. My belief is that you can

take the Swaari wherever you can accord the due respect. If you cannot

then you have to stick with the Gurdwara.

Surjit Singh, USA

Author: Gurdaspuria

Date: 10-12-04 19:33

Waheguru Jee ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee kee Fateh

I agree with veer Surjit Singh jee, that is the fact.

As long as every thing is done respectfully there should not be any issue of doing parkash at any place. The focus is people not place. Pure or impure are people Not Shri Guru Granth sahib jee. Guru is to purify everybody and everything.

I think we are taking easy way out instead of working our social problems

( drinking, elborated eating including meat, listening to dirty songs, too much partying etc). we are putting restricting on wrong things.

Waheguru Jee ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee kee Fateh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Param Singh Ji

I think you missed the point here.

As Surjit Singh's post points out, it's all about Respect to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Of course SGGS can be taken to people's homes etc if there is the proper respect and care, otherwise how would people be able to have Akhand Paath's etc at home.

The problem here is the respect.

As written earlier by RespectForSriGuruGranthSahibJi, the Anand Karaj is just a formality to them, taking place in a hall, where alcohol etc will, more than likely, be on the premisis.

This is unacceptable, if they wish to just be happy, by all means perform the Register Marriage and be done with it. The do not have the right to turn Guru Sahib into just a "Formality".

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Gursharan Singh