Guru Sahib jee Taken away... i don't get it..

simmal tree

noonespecial........

the hall in Edmotnon IS used for parties and they do smoke in there during parties. its a private hall when a party is held there because it IS a private party.

ive been to parties at that hall as a kid and in high school and ive seen both smoking and liquor there.

the hall doesnt need a liquor license..........the person who is throwing the party needs one to serve liquor.

i hope that clears it.

Guest noonespecial

ES1,

The point was that there is no open liquor or smoking in the premises DURING Guru Sahib's stay. Unlike Hotels and other establishments there is undoubtedly liquor being served SOMEWHERE in the hotel while Guru Sahib is there.

I personally think that it's okay if someone cleans up the hall properly before taking Guru Sahib somewhere. This is also the position taken by Akal Takhat who has asked that complete sathkaar be shown to Guru Sahib for those sangataa holding samagums.

It's very similar to people who drink and smoke in their houses and then hold Akhaand Paahts there for some happy occaision. The situation is almost the exact same.

In any case...if you find something extremely wrong with it then nothing I can say can change your mind. I suggest maybe you come to a Samagum and see if you find anything wrong going on.

:e:

ES1,

The point was that there is no open liquor or smoking in the premises DURING Guru Sahib's stay. Unlike Hotels and other establishments there is undoubtedly liquor being served SOMEWHERE in the hotel while Guru Sahib is there.

I personally think that it's okay if someone cleans up the hall properly before taking Guru Sahib somewhere. This is also the position taken by Akal Takhat who has asked that complete sathkaar be shown to Guru Sahib for those sangataa holding samagums.

It's very similar to people who drink and smoke in their houses and then hold Akhaand Paahts there for some happy occaision. The situation is almost the exact same.

In any case...if you find something extremely wrong with it then nothing I can say can change your mind. I suggest maybe you come to a Samagum and see if you find anything wrong going on.

:e:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

^_^ Agr

eed!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

JSS veerjee & Sangat jee.. my intention is not to create any kind of warfare with anyone or any jathabandey.. I am not giyan wala singh to point out mistakes of others.. but the rule like.. "you can't guru sahib jee to any hall for wedding" but on the other hand one can take guru sahib jee to places like CAMPS and samagams and other gatherings"... Maybe there should be strict guideline to follow.. nobody knows who and what kind of ppls rents those Camp cabins and halls BEFORE you gather in that place for pangat and enjoy keertan... Don't ignore the facts just think about it without getting emotional.. As talking about samagams, i know dodra/sadh sangat (?) samagam always held in the panthic sacramento gurdwara sahib every year.. Book it advance.. if they say no, then tell/inform sangat and there's no gurdwara who will deny holding samagams if they are known as panthic group..

Just my 0.2 views !

Just my 0.2 views !

bhai sahib vicky singh jee... grin.gif

do you mean "just my 0.02 views?" blush.gif

as in "Just my two cents" :)

0.2 is twenty cents :lol:

a little extra views LOL.gif

just bugging :(:

actually i do agree with vicky singh's twenty cents

all the efforts should be made to have a gurdwara sahib host a smagam and if not, then all the efforts should be made to have the smagam in a place where

maryada is regularly followed

and SOMETIMES that doesn't happen with camps and smagams although 70% of the time it does.

we had west coast sikh youth alliance camp at a jewish campsite

our degh was made in a brand new kitchen

but langar was made in an older kitchen where i'm SURE (100%) there was meat cooked

and who knows what the kids did in the hall where our darbar was

the counselors of the camp moved all the sofas, broomed the hall twice, mopped the hall like 5 times, put down durees, washed the walls, washed the windows, put freshly washed chaddars, used newly washed chaddars every 2 days (took the old ones off)...

;gwork

i mean they made an effort to show respect - but of course there is no limit

guru sahib says to do all you can that is in your reach. everything is in guru jee's hands but guru sahib gives you resources to affect your circle of influence.

for some people what happened at the camp was not right... personally i don't know what's right and wrong because i'm stupid :wub:

but if i did have some giaan then i would take a stand yes sirreee !!!!!!! :H:

so i'll be quiet now

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaaaaaa

vaaaaheguroojeekeefathehhhh!!!!!!