Remembrance March & Freedom Rally - Sunday 8 June 2014

KAURAGEOUS confirm and pledge their support to the Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO) for the 8th June 2014 Remembrance March and Freedom Rally in Central London.

Now over 150 Gurdwara's & International Organisations unite under 1 Nishan Sahib for the 1984 Remembrance events to show solidarity and true Panthic unity #NeverForget84

The number of Gurdwaras and Sikh organisations is expected to exceed over 200.

To pledge your support please email fso@live.co.uk

9 JANUARY 2014 - KAURAGEOUS

post-2951-0-12258000-1389377578.jpg

Khalsa Ji (Jagtar Singh Bhai Sahib) i'm just reposting this here in order that hopefully others could join the discussion to put forward whether they feel which word out of "freedom" or "rights" will help us achieve more Panthic Upliftment (and political mileage) out of the 8th June 2014 rally ... as the other thread locked prior to debate continuing. I also feel the points below are even more crucial given the revalations of UK government support for the terrorist actions of Indira Gandhi in 1984.

JagtarSinghKhalsa, on 27 Dec 2013 - 09:55, said:snapback.png

Some attend the annual event as they simply want to REMEMBER and pay their respects to the Shaheeds.

We PROTEST during the MARCH as it is not only about REMEMBRANCE as we have not had JUSTICE. The way we hope to get the message across this year will be more creative, professional etc.

If you have not had JUSTICE then what we need to get across to non-Sikhs and the mainstream media on the 30th anniversary is we want FREEDOM (this will be the main theme).

FREEDOM can and will have many meanings:

FREEDOM for Sikh political prisoners

FREEDOM from the death penalty/hanging

FREEDOM of religion - Article 25

FREEDOM for greater rights - Punjab's water

etc.

AND of course FREEDOM from India

UKL = Khalsa Ji i agree with you on what you say above. However, i think that the word RIGHTS encompasses all the issues you list above and the RIGHT to self-determination is a birthright of all human beings but particularly the Sikh Panth that has suffered and continues to suffer systematic Genocide at the hands of our opponents in Delhi. I 100% strongly believe that UPLIFTMENT of our Panth should be the main goal of what we are trying to achieve with Hyde Park June 2014. I was going to write to Sikh Council on exactly this point but given that you are from the FSO what better person to ask if there is the possiblity of Sarbat Khalsa discussing this issue and weighing it up as to the pro's and con's of the alternating terms suggested for June 2014.

jashb, on 27 Dec 2013 - 15:52, said:snapback.png

J = Our nishana is still azaad halemi khalsa raj KHALISTAN. I cannot ever deny that while there is even the slightest semblance of breath in my body.

UKL = Agreed bir'ay. After the events of 1984 and thereafter no Sikh should ever feel guilty of desiring self-rule (freedom from GOI terrorism). However, I believe there is tactical merit in us downplaying the obvious at the moment.

J = veere, regarding the state of affairs 29 years on from the bloody assault on our Quom in 1984. We do not live under delusions of grandeur. India's genocide of 300,000+ Sikhs (mostly young, unmarried, teenage to 20's males) in the early 1990's that physically brutally liquidated our freedom movement, which was on the brink of success ( Takht - as per declaration of Shaheed Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Manochahal - Takht ya Taboot ), by killing off the current and future youth of our quom, was incredibly painful.

UKL = 100% agreed

J = We won the battles but lost the war.

UKL = Agreed that our central government adversaries won. And that is why we need to rethink our route map to Victory.

J = We didn't resort to matching the enemy's dirty tactics.

UKL = 100% true bir'ay. Whilst the Khalsa Panth did not shed the blood of any innocent deliberately, Indira Gandhi's Black Cats GOI Terrorist Forces headed by Muhammad Azhar Alam were wholly responsible for the murder of innocent non-Sikh civilians.

J = The hurt continues with this ongoing silent genocide via a seemingly endless inflow of drugs, alcohol, and the quom killing itself through its daughters.

UKL = Agreed bir'ay and I strongly believe we need to address drugs, alcohol, infanticide, illiteracy, poverty, and biraderi cancer as pre-cursors to achieving freedom.

J = But there is a distinct difference between losing and admitting defeat i.e. giving up. We have never admitted defeat, and we are not about to give up anytime soon.

UKL = 100% agreed bir'ay. The Sikh Panth can never fundamentally be defeated. The Sikh Panth will never accept permanent defeat and will never surrender to Oppressors. However, we should not hesitate from tactical retreats if they bring us closer to overall long term victory (which I strongly believe dressing up June 2014 as a Remembrance and Rights Peace March will do - especially if the attendance figures can arguably be tripled as I strongly believe resulting in greater progress for upliftment of the Panth).

J =Now, as for the future; We may well lose many of the battles to come. But of one thing, Guru-Paatshah has made me absolutely nischat sure; WE WILL WIN THE WAR.

UKL = Bilcul bir'ay the Qaum which holds true to Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh knows that ik na ik dhin RAJ KAREGA KHALSA!

jashb, on 27 Dec 2013 - 16:04, said:snapback.png

J = Apparently I was there as a baby in 1984 but obviously I don't remember anything of it. I remember very fondly the rallies that took place in later years when I was a young child. Starting at Hyde Park, finishing on the Embankment. There was then a gap of about 10 years - never heard about any rally then. No coaches left from the Gurdwara.

UKL = There were always protest marches annually bir'ay but at the height of GOI Black Cats activity some committee's were genuinely confused as to what they should do.

J = Then 2004 happened. First advertisements of a panthic event ever heard on panjaab radio, akaash radio, amrit bani radio stations (there were no Sikh TV channels back then). Huge hype. Coaches went packed from the Gurdwara.

UKL = The only one positive strand where I see we have made progress in the last 30 years is in terms of greater Sikh media presence.

J = I remember meeting an uncle in Hyde Park before the start of the march and asking him why doesn't the remembrance and freedom really happen every year? He was like "it does. This year is just the first time anyone's turned up!!!"

UKL = Tv stations (of which I believe we should have one merged channel btw), radio stations, social networking and internet sites have been a massive help in boosting numbers in recent years.

J = 2004 was massive. 2014 will be even bigger.

UKL = Agreed. But we need to seriously harness June 2014 for the active upliftment of the Panth in practical terms relating to drugs, infanticide, alcohol, biraderi, illiteracy and poverty rather than thinking that slogans alone will do all the work for us. Cold hard money raised coupled with seva ploughed into combatting the modern day forms of Genocide are crucial if we are not to waste the opportunity that June 2014 represents. Basically the game now is about more funds for books rather than bullets.

J = I never understood the meaning of the marches when I was a child, but as a 20-year old I understood very well. Slowly, my whole view of India and the terrorist Indian Flag totally turned on its head. No longer was it a tool to wind up pakistanis. Now I saw it, minus Indian propaganda, for what it was; a symbol of Oppression. The zaalim taranga. I would never support tyrannical Indian rule ever again. I would only support the Khalsa. RAJ KARAYGA KHALSA!

UKL = I hear you bir'ay. Without a doubt our loyalty should only ever be to Nishan Sahib and Sarbat Da Bhala rather than a corrupt terrorist centralised state that oppresses the innocent. The Khalsa Panth is nirvair with love for all within the beautiful spectrum of humanity so desiring freedom from oppression is something that no Sikh should ever have to apologise for. However, I believe we have much LESS to lose (and more to gain) by substituting the word RIGHTS for Freedom and terming the Rally as a "Peace" March.

1. We get more attendance ... i think we can hit 200,000 if we market it as a Remembrance+Rights Peace March.

2. Greater attendance results in greater local and international coverage.

3. We increase Unity internally by virtue of the fact only self-haters could possibly oppose or not participate in a Remembrance and Rights Peace March.

4. By using wording which would make the Rally palatable to GOI's friends such as USA, UK etc then Cameron and the majority of UK politicians that seek Sikh votes in 2015 would have no political option but to endorse the wave towards achieving Justice.

5. Instead of getting Sikh organisations labelled as terrorist outfits we can actively lobby for Overseas Developement Funds to go towards uplifting poor Sikhs.

6. Certain Biraderi Golak committees do not send any representation annually. Via the substitution of one word I think it would be hard for them to stop their own Sangat participating. This is vital if we are going to attempt Gurdwara mergers in the UK as a pre-cursor to ensuring that the Panth only has one saanjha Gurdwara per locality.
http://www.sikhsanga...per-local-area/

7. In the context that we are only 7 years away from the 2021 Indian Census and the RSS aim of Sikhs being a minority in the whole of East Punjab by then (not just Doaba where we are currently a minority) I strongly believe that history will judge us very harshly if we don't have the awareness to realise that combatting drugs, biraderi, illiteracy, poverty, infanticide, alcohol + health indicators (cancer/fertility) as vital foundation blocks without which no house of shelter free from GOI terrorism can stand.

8. Those such as Namdhari's, Nirankari's, Radha Soami's, Dera Ballan, Hindu Mandirs and non-Sikhs etc would have no excuse not to engage and support the mainstream Sikh community in our quest for justice and equality for all. Via greater engagement with the said communities we can build bridges as increased parchaar is the best way to turn our erstwhile enemies into future loyal members of the Panth rather than the Congress sycophants many of the leaders of the same currently are.

9. If we can triple attendance out of nowhere in June 2014 on the basis of a Remembrance and "Rights" (Peace) March ... that would give us scope to start claiming it as an "anti-Genocide" march from 2015 onwards which could bring even greater numbers of mainstream UK population participation and provide even greater scope for parchaar and fundraising for upliftment of our Panth's poorest and most suffering sections and thereafter towards Sarbat Da Bhala.

10. We have to definitely recognise that USA, Russia, UK and France all want a united India as a counterweight to China and export market. China itself illegally annexed the independent nation of Tibet and recognises that Sikhs as a 1.8% minority within India are not worth assisting if a 1.3 billion population export market is jeopardised as a result. Delhi itself realises it cannot relinquish terrorist control of East Punjab so long as Pakistan remains a united nation in its current form. Therefore, given that our Qaum is considerably worse off than we were in 1984 on all the main indices we need to take a seriously different approach rather than simply chanting slogans (which I believe will give the Indian media the chance to paint us as terrorists and actively make things worse on the ground for our brothers and sisters in Punjab). The biggest proof I can give in support of why we urgently need to take a different approach and focus on June 2014 being all about combatting drugs, illiteracy, female infantcide and biraderi is that in this millenium all those issues have got worse year after year. So whilst we think that increased attendance at rallies for Khalistan this millenium have moved us forward, the reality on the ground in Punjab is that every indicator is getting worse. The fact that we Sikhs are a minority in Doaba (where a plebiscite for independence would be roundly voted down) should be a wake up call that we need to get the basics right ... and that we shouldn't run before we can walk in the context that in the years after 1984 there was almost 100% unity within the Qaum and the Panthic self-defence (against terrorism by GOI) Lehar had full support prior to Black Cats and Beanta killing so many innocents. Now we see bakhre bakhre Gurdware. GOI in 1984 was 100 times stronger than the Panth in terms of economic and military resources. GOI is immeasurably stronger today compared to what it was back 30 years. We are immeasurably weaker in our spiritual adherence to Sikhi nowadays and hence talk of Khalistan and freedom is more of a distraction taking our eyes off the ball of the sad reality in front of us that needs to be addressed first. In simple terms, once we have 99% literacy, 99% not partaking in drugs or alcohol, 100% saanjhe Gurdware and Qaum, an equal male/female ratio and poverty eliminated ... self-rule will be a formality as each and every man, woman and child would be willing to give their life to oppose (GOI) terrorism if Khalsa Raj over all of India was not demographically likely. Obviously, I don't have all the answers bir'ay but this is a subject that Sarbat Khalsa, Sikh Council UK and FSO all need to discuss and decide how we use June 2014 to push the Panth forward short term (and thereby faster towards ultimate freedom from tyranny).

To commemorate 30years of continuing injustice we UK Sangat need to raise a minimum of £30million by June 8th 2014 to push forward projects that defeat drugs, alcohol, female infanticide, illiteracy, biraderi, cancer and poverty in Punjab which would be deployed by a Khalsa Fauj of volunteers and openly audited to ensure that every penny of the said funds goes into Panthic Upliftment for those areas as opposed to corrupt gain or anything that could fall under the West's anti-terrorism purview. At the same time we should try our best to extract £30 million plus of Overseas Development Funding from Cameron etc given the UK Government's disgusting role in support Indira+GOI in 1984 and even today (whilst Sikhs are still patiently and peacefully in search of justice).

Via Gift Aid our donations would increase further still previously outlined by posters on this forum before:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.htm