Those Nanaksaryeeaas....

Isn't that how a lot of our discussion starters go? Replace Nanaksaryeeaa with Taksaalee or AKJ if you want, but often we in the Panth bash other gursikhs. I myself had a real problem with Nanaksar. I remember going to a Nanaksar Thaath just to see what they did wrong and see if I could make fun of them. When I came back and started going on about how the put tiger hide under Satguru jee etc. the Singh I was talking too politely told me I should worry about myself, not others.

Then I ordered some books on the founder of Nanaksar, Baba Nand Singh jee. There were 7 or 8 books and when I started reading them, I was amazed! Baba jee was an amazing gursikh who taught so much through his life and had a lot of kirpaa from Satguru Nanak Dev jee. Then who am I to judge? The way Satguru Granth Saahib jee is respected in Nanaksar Thaaths is admirable. They give so much respect to Satguru jee and their thaath is one of the most peaceful places I've found. So what if I don't agree with their rehit 100%? Who am I to judge? They love Satguru jee and I am also trying to be a Sikh of my Satguru, so why not focus on this bond we have as opposed to picking on the minor differences? We all have different relationships with Satguru jee so who am I to judge which is more right than the other? Some Singhs stick to one jathaa and make fun of others. They tell stories like "such and such baba was after money" or "that Baba had insects in his mouth for what he said" etc. First we lose our kamaiee for doing nindaa of Guru Pyaaray and 2nd, we get nothing out of it. All were amazing Gursikhs. Baba Gurbachan Singh jee got along so well with Bhai Randheer Singh jee

and Baoo Mul Singh jee. All gursikhs got along. Then why do so called Taksaalees and so called AKJ not get along sometimes? I don't know. I think we should learn what we can from the jeevan of other beloved gursikhs and take what will help us and then continue with our own journey. As Sikhs of Satguru Granth Saahib we should be the dust of all people's feet, so what is it saying about us if we can't even get along with other Sikhs? I wish I had some nice way to end this thought, but I don't. I guess all we can do is try and accept and love and learn from any gursikh that blesses us with his Sangat. Without judging his so-called jathaa affiliations.

Second Mehl:

O Nanak, if someone judges himself, only then is he known as a real judge.

If someone understands both the disease and the medicine, only then is he a wise physician.

Do not involve yourself in idle business on the way; remember that you are only a guest here.

Speak with those who know the Primal Lord, and renounce your evil ways.

That virtuous person who does not walk in the way of greed, and who abides in Truth, is accepted and famous.

If an arrow is shot at the sky, how can it reach there?

The sky above is unreachable-know this well, O archer! ||2||

(Satguru Granth Saahib, pannaa 148).

(From: http://groups.msn.com/balpreetsingh )

Guest SikhForLife

wow.. thats one awsome post.. almost teared up there..

:mellow:

veerji i agree.. however sometimes we take it as our duty to "correct" other people.. cuz we "feel" they are wrong because we dont accept their views.

we forget however, that they r trying to reach God too .. but we feel their rehat or way is "misguided/wrong".. etc etc.........

then are we to say that we should concentrate on ourselves and be selfish.. rather than having a sangat and politely discussing our differences to obtain the real truth?

sggs says WE HAVE to (mandatory) sit in the sangat and discuss gurbani to get full meaning of it

WJKK WJKFateh!

Veerji,

I agree with you 100%! Baba Nand Singh ji was a mahapurkh, who was very close to waheguru. There's a Nanaksar Gurdwara within walking distance from my house, and I try to go with gur kirpa, and the peace that you get from Nanaksar gurdwara, you'll rarely find at any other gurdwara. Sure, their rehat is a little different, but their pyar, and satkar of Guruji is awesome!!!! They beleive in doing bani/simran a different way, so what??? We all have our own ways of doing bani, Bani is bani. No matter how you recite it, as long as you have pyaar for Guruji in your heart, you don't need to be parth of a jatha.

Being part of a jatha just brings houmay, people from taksaal may not like people from AKJ. Why's that? But anywayz, you've pointed out all the main points in your post, so I won't regurgitate. Bhul chuk maaf karnee!

WJKK WJKFateh!

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

then are we to say that we should concentrate on ourselves and be selfish.. rather than having a sangat and politely discussing our differences to obtain the real truth?

Bhai Sahib, concentrating on ourselves really isn't the same thing as being selffish. If there are some big and anti-Gurmat happenings taking place then we better warn the doers. Otherwise if proper satkar of Guru Sahib is being done then just let them do it and even if they are wrong, just pray to Guru Sahib to show them the proper way.

Baba Nand Singh Ji was a Mahapurkh and we cannot doubt this. We should look at Jathebandis from the prospective of the orignal Jathedaars. Like Nanaksar being related to Baba Nand Singh Ji and Baba Isher Singh Ji, Damdami Taksal being related to Baba Gurbhachan Singh Ji and Baba Kartar Singh Ji, AKJ being related to Bhai Randhir Singh Ji and Bhai Rama Singh Ji, Rara Sahib being related to Baba Isher Singh Ji and we SHOULDN'T look at these Jathebandis accordingly to how the current 'cheyley-chamtey' behave. We took birth to take laaha, so just look at the good stuff of one jathebandi and try to gain that and leave the rest untouched.

Sometimes problems even occur when we are just trying to get together and do path/simran (chaupae sahib/rehraas sahib) with those associted with other Jathe. The best way to deal with such things is

that you do stuff according to them when they are in majority or when you are at a Gurdwara Sahib related to them. Just take laaha from what they do, even if they aren't right by not doing the proper version and stuff like that.

bhull chukk maff karni

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

• 1 month later...

FRIDAY AUGUST 29 – MONDAY SEPTEMBER 1

PROGRAM AS FOLLOWS:

**** ALL DAY ****

SIMRAN --5:00-6:00 AM

NITNEM --6:00-7:00 AM

ASA DI ///KIRTAN --7:00-12:00

BREAK --12:00-3:30 PM

SIMRAN ---3:30-4:30 PM

GURBANI VICHAAR ---4:45-5:30 PM

REHRAS ---5:30-6:00 PM

AKHAND KIRTAN ---6:00-9:00 PM

***FRIDAY’S PROGRAM WILL BEGIN AT 5:00 P.M. WITH AND MONDAY’S PROGRAM WILL END AT 12:00 NOON***

DIRECTIONS:

• 401 EAST FROM DETROIT

• 401 WEST FROM MONTREAL

• 403 EAST FROM BUFFALO

 TAKE 410 NORTH. 410 BECOMES HEART LAKE ROAD AFTER BOVAIRD.

 CONTINUE ON HEARTLAKE ROAD.

 IT IS APPROXIMATELY 3 MINUTES PAST MAYFIELD AND

IT’S ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE.

 THE NAME OF THE BUILDING IS BRAMPTON FAIR GROUNDS.

CONTACTS INFO:

HEERA SINGH: (416) 712-5142 JASDEEP SINGH: (905) 946-1664

SARTAJ SINGH: (416) 558-3972

**THERE WILL BE ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS TO BE HELD AT NOON BREAK TIME

**ALL ACCOMODATIONS WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF

**PLEASE CALL AHEAD OF TIME FOR ANY AIRPORT PICKUP THAT MAY BE REQUIRED****

***AMRIT SANCHAAR WILL BE TAKING PLACE ***