what do you love about Sikhi? - please DISCUSS

Dear sangat,

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Sometimes we Sikhs get so washed away with trying to lead a Sikh way of life whilst in this bustling society, On top of that we sometimes disagree on Rehit, dos and don'ts and other issues.

We seem to lose sight of basic fundamental feelings.

Come on Sikho!! talk to me! Tell me....

- WHAT IS IT ABOUT BEING A SIKH THAT MAKES YOU SMILE?

- WHAT IS ABOUT THIS WAY OF LIFE THAT APPEALS TO YOU?

Humbly yours,

a Gurmukh wannabe

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhhhhhh.... waheguroooo.....

i can't forget this moment.... last weekend i was blessed to be in the sangat of gurmukhs in calgary where there were two late-night keertans in a row (until about 12:30am) and both of them absolutely amazing..... well on sunday night there was this moment where everybody was sooooooooooo into the keertan and wherever you looked everybody had their eyes closed (yes except <banned word filter activated> me, but i did close them after this observation) and in my mind i just completely felt like there in front of me was the king of the universe and here all around me these humble servants of that king are singing his praises and suddenly he's not there and i'm not here - we're both in the same place - for a split second - and everybody was SCREEEEEAMING VAAHEGURU VAHEGURU VAHEGURU VAHEGURU and i was SCREEEAMING VAAHEGURU VAHEGURU VAHEGURU VAHEGURU and this was not screaming from the stomach or the voice box - it was emotional love chants from the soul... it was like the bride at the edge of a cliff in a canyon... and she screams her beloveds name so that the echo resounds all around her... and in that one moment -- while i was practically breaking the shainay... i just froze... and my mouth got stuck in this huge smile and i laughed out loud...

i don't know if anybody heard me... and i don't know where that laughter came from... but it certainly was not intentional... it was not induced by excitement or emotion... it was like a sudden feeling of absolute bliss of how amazing waheguru is...

that is what makes me smile ... how can i not smile when i see the qualities of my beloved waheguru...

"daykh thumaaraa darshano mayraa man dh

eerai"

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Khalsapreet Veer

I had a similar experience to the one you had. I was at a Sikhi camp in 1996 in Staffordshire. The Kirtan being sung was 'Humri Karo Haath dey Rachha' I felt the same feeling of oneness that you felt. I guess it's when for a split second your dubidha ends and you realise that everything is ONE.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Thats amazing. ohmy.gif

I haven't experienced anything like that yet :wub: .

plz do ardaas for me that i can be in that state of complete oneness with Waheguruji pray.gif

About sikhi everything makes me smile . its the simplicity, the essence, and so many other things that i can't describe. everything's cool abt sikhi.