* Breaking News - Baljeet Singh 'bhau' Is Set To Return Home On Bail *

SOPW are delighted to announce that the permanent bail of Bhai Baljeet Singh Bhau has been set. His family will fulfill the bail bond on Monday and with Waheguru's kirpa, it is hoped that Baljeet Singh will return home on Wednesday.

Baljeet Singh 'Bhau' has been incarcerated in Tihar Jail New Delhi since 2008, accused of the attempted murder of the cult leader Gurmeet Ram Rahim of Sirsa.

SOPW have been providing welfare support and funding Baljeet Singh's case. Our legal team submitted his bail application quite some time ago but countless delays and at times the attitude of the presiding judges, have meant a long wait for him and his family. During one of the court hearings the presiding judge went as far as to say that Baljeet Singh “should remain in jail forever because if released he will almost certainly step into politics”.

In June last year, hopes were dashed again when he was granted permanent bail release and as he was on his way home, he learnt that following an order, the Judge had turned the bail into 3 months parole, thus snatching away his freedom once again.

We will hopefully bring you the good news and photo's of his reunion with his parents and family on Wednesday. We would like to thank our SOPW India team who each time, travelled from Punjab to Bhau’s hearings and throughout the constant harassment, their camera equipment being confiscated and damaged, they continued to bring us news of the well being of Bhai Baljeet Singh and the other prisoners we are supporting in Tihar Jail.

1926896_10152027076917081_1262311524_n.j

Sikh Organisation For Prisoners Welfare (SOPW)

Great News! For once we have a Sikh organisation that does what it says. I donate to SOPW on a regular basis and I would urge anyone else who would like to donate to a worthwhile cause to also do the same.

I donate only to SOPW and Sikh Channel because I know that in both cases my money is going to a Panthic cause.