Confused Soul

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

im a young Sikh girl and im wanting to take amrit. I am able to keep the rehat I.e. amritvela, kesh no meat etc but what im worried about is sometimes I feel that im not feeling the love for God. Sometimes im ever so enthusiastic but the a random moment comes when I think I hope im not just going for the outward look because I want o have a dastar too . Although I do my nitnem I do realise that my concentration is not aways very good. I honestly really REALLY do want to take this path because ei know its a million times better than every other path but I don't know why im getting these random thoughts.

I want to take amrit on vaisakhi. I hoping that someone may have had a similar experience to me and will tell me that its okay and just normal and that the right thing for me at this moment is to take amrit.

I know many will that this is nothing to be confused about but I am getting severe headache thinking about this, Im really worried because I don't want to loose the path but then again what I honestly don't want is for me to take amrit and then spoil everything by getting lazy and loosing my amrit vela as I might feel ive reached my goal. I know taking amrit is the first step but sometimes its very easy to just think of it as the final... :(

Guest GuptSewa

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh,

Phenji,

Firstly, let me say it takes alot of guts and courage to seek re-assurance and guidance, so alot of respect from Daas

In Daas's humble opinion, I think you have nothing to worry about =)

What your feeling is perfectly normal and it's nothing to worry about.

The fact you want to take Amrit, are able to keep Rehat, do your Nitnem, and want to keep a Dastaar is amazing.

As for not feeling the love for God now and again, it's perfectly normal. We're human's on a spiritual journey. Its not easy, but have faith in Vaheguroo. I would recommend keeping Sadh Sangat, keeping at it, and don't doubt yourself. Have faith in Vaheguroo and do an Ardaas for help when you have these random moments.

Also, Amrit is the first step, the first day of school, the first day of your commitment to Vaheguroo. So you won't spoil anything if after you take Amrit you stumble and pick yourself up again. Guru Ji is all knowing, forgiving and compassionate.

What your feeling is ok and perfectly normal =) Don't worry. Take Amrit on Vaisakhi, I guarantee it's the right thing to do and you will never look back.

Best of luck!

penji. dhan guru you wish to take amrit. :) lucky soul to have gurus nadar on you. love is only recieved through the graces of God (dristi). we have no jor. jor na mangan.. in jupji sahib. we cant ask or give or even use our surti on anything. if anything does 'happen', its gods wish for you. so i would say to you, this is your personal test. everyone gets tests just before they take amrit. they start to worry about things lie this. and if they will break it etc. amrit is unbreakable. so much so, that if someone does so called 'break it' it doesnt break, the amrit can be seen to be frozen. many people say just as the account can take naam and seva, your account gets frozen. you cant withdraw or take any 'currency' out. so even so called breaking amrit is not even in our power. keeping rehet is our choice however.

im so happy that you say you wish to wear dastaar. but please know, its not a necessity. women wore dastaar when they had to take over duties of men such as doing work in khet, whether that be work with crops, or swords. so from here, women wore dastaar. but this doesnt mean they have to. so keep your rehet beforehand, i.e. before you take amrit. so just be comfortable in the skin your in. dont feel forced because of the argument of equality because equality is in a different aspect. :)

know your path, and know the obsticles. this distinguishing factor will serve you well on your journey.

Guest Guest

A very big thank you to the sangat, your advice always makes me feel 16738 times better :D

Another thing that I'm very worried about is how to persuade my parents ?

I know that their going to think that im young (18 yrs old) and I should wait a while, or the typical dialogue that wait for after your married! :(

Oh! that's a really good piece of background knowledge on the ardas that I didn't know but Guru pyareo the reason I want a dastaar is that I know the importance of covering your head and I think its an ideal and perfect option for me! That's probably one of the most exciting things I feel I need to achieve in my gursikhi jeevan :D thank you

Guest Guest

A very big thank you to the sangat, your advice always makes me feel 16738 times better :D

I know that their going to think that im young (18 yrs old) and I should wait a while, or the typical dialogue that wait for after your married! :(

Oh! that's a really good piece of background knowledge on the ardas that I didn't know but Guru pyareo the reason I want a dastaar is that I know the importance of covering your head and I think its an ideal and perfect option for me! That's probably one of the most exciting things I feel I need to achieve in my gursikhi jeevan :D thank you

I was suppose to say dastaar not ardas haha

I'm impressed when you said -" the reason I want a dastaar is that I know the importance of covering your head".

and I think this feeling of covering ' head' should be in every sikh whether she is girl or he is guy.....