Another Sikh Converted

Guest Guest

Your assessment is accurate. However there is hope i've noticed the trend of open minded young college and university going muslim girls now that are not conforming to traditional muslim parents views and marrying outside and their Sikh boyfriends and taking an interest in becoming Sikhs.... they love the easy going nature of women being much more free in Sikhism than in Islam.... and they love punjabi culture, bhangra music./movies, food.....

Also noticed alot more white women taking an interest in becoming Sikhs they are tired of their partying anything go lifestyles, alot of them too want to find a partner that wants long term but most white atheistic / Christian / jewish guys they come across just want to play the field sleeping with multiple women, get drunk and just basically enjoy life having fun and take no responsibilities..... the decent white women are looking for stability and guys who want long term with family values so look for that in asian guys who have religious values.... if the asian guys are like the white guys partying around they are not interested....if they can see the asian guys want commitment and will look after them they will conform to their belief system and cultural values.

So like with any organisation and business you have to analyse the trends and market your company to meet the needs required. And in the case of our religion the needs are out there for women of all backgrounds wanting decent caring guys with good values. Similarly guys want this too but guys will reject harshly any woman who has had a slaggish past so it serves as a warning for future girls to behave themselves if they want a decent guy and not ruin their futures.

In previous thread someone asked why the punjabi youth of sikh backrounds are not getting into Sikhi like previous generations. The answer is quite simple but has several factors why they are not.... the answer to the problem is give them something which benefits them on an individual level and they will get back into Sikhi.. So all these lost sheeps who are currently living non-sikh lifestyles, need the benefits of living a Sikh life over their non-sikh life...

and the best way to do that is give them the beauty of guru granth and not force the guru khalsa panth down on them which the youth and particularly the naive young girls have been rebelling against for several decades.

where did you see the khalsa panth is being forced on young generation??

Guest baljeet

Duno doubt it, i mean, if u convert to that religion, u gotta change your full name, her havin pavanpreet, could bcoz her family may be from malerkotla or other part of east panjab. Many of the muslims frm our panjab, have sikh 1st names, but muslim surnames, such as singers (sukhi khan, pargat khan, jagdev khan, manpreet akhtar etc)

i think this is the case.she's just 21.so she might have ahmed as surname

• 1 month later...

Lets be fair here. The young lady has gone through what none of us would ever like to go through ourselves! The non sikh practice of honour killings. Can anyone say that they wouldnt have some jaded view of a faith BASED on the knowladge and background. So she married a Muslim. She wasnt/isnt a Sikh. You are not born a Sikh but become a Sikh through your actions and yes a family with strong education can help. Instead of pointing out her faults decide to take action against the crippling castist culture that is excused in our community. Campaign for an end to female abortions, educate yourselves so our children have the knowladge and the tools to become great Sikhs. Leave this lady alone.

The muslas have a curse of honour killings in their community too. So why did she chose this religion and not christianity or buddhism instead?

Guest kalisingh

I'm a uk born almost 50yr old sikh jatt male, non amrithari, but def interested in sikhi, more so since 1984, found this site by accident, I was told that most of these sites are "infested" by punjabi hindus, using sikh names to spread hatred, infact most people at work white and black, I found are now quite sympethetic to the palestinians,even me, but on this site mostly pro israeli, like hindu rss?

• 1 month later...

For what reason should she feel ashamed? She married a non-Sikh, but did she ever know anything about Sikhi? No? So why are we angry at her?

Not everyone has the luxury of being taught about Sikhi growing up. You guys need to consider this. They do not consider themselves Sikhs to begin with, they are just normal people, and so marrying any other person is perfectly acceptable. Why are we blaming her for that?

Imagine girls reading these posts. Men being quite nasty about a sister they know very little about. What would they think about Singhs? And about Sikhi?

The problem is the lack of education or whatever else, and it will NOT get anywhere near to being fixed through judgement and slander. Endlessly blaming girls rather than understanding and isolating the problems is more ignorant.

Don't agree.

Nearly all children from a Sikh background have a basic understanding of our history. The struggles, suffering and lives lost to Muslim oppressors so girls like her can be free.

There is a basic understanding for all Sikh children, that for a Sikh to marry a Muslim and give up their faith is wrong. If for no other fact that it is the ultimate disrespect to those who laid down their lives for Sikhism.

Exactly what Inderjit singh veer said, no one has a right to judge her personally. Amount of stigmatization ostrasicization that goes in our community is unbelievable at nanaksar at gore rd this hindu who got converted to sikhi got ostracised for years, as he didn't know how to speak punjabi..after some time he left nanaksar not sure what happened..hope he didn't converted back.....

Shame on the people who ostracised this man. Absolutely disgusting to hear if true.