Where To Give My Daswand.

Guest Gupt

Guest Gupt

As sikhs we are asked to take out 1/10 of our kirt kamai (honest earnings) so i have been doing so for a while but this is the Gurus money ( it is all his but you know what i mean) and i do not want to give it to just anyone and not all of it to just one organisation, so please give me your recommendation and ideas. who do you give yours too, i feel the Gurdwaras already have more than enough but will give their occasionally .

I believe the poor is who i should be helping but sometimes its a case of do i trust these charities. as i live in the west its not always easy to see the poor like in india and other countries, I am the custodian of the Gurus money so want to be careful and not just be funding big buildings and empty halls etc.

Personally I would promote Baru sahib!

On their website there's a lot of young kids who want an education but cannot afford one, so you can sponsor them!

You'll be making their dream of an education come true and it'll be a long term effect as they can then grow up and get a decent job and then support themselves!

And my favourite bit! They will be taught the beauty of SIkhi!

It's also has the involvement of Sant Iqbal singh ji which for me makes it more reliable as they promote this sewa and urge Gursikhs to use their daswand to sponsor kids :)

So technically you are

-helping the poor

-promoting sikhi

- following the bachan of sant

-peace of mind that your money is being used rightly

and you'll be getting the blessings of people

Yeah that's true about the Gurdaware! Also sometimes we forget that there are normal people out there in the world who need help and whom charities probably wont reach out to!

You could choose like a charity for a year so collect all your daswand for a year and give it to Baru sahib this year and maybe Khalsa aid next year etc!

Bhul chuk maaf ji