Naam For Non Amrit Dharis

bdemon

I do not know what you mean by jot darshan. If you mean Jot Niranjani darshan which is darshan of Vaheguru in His own saroop then that is not possible without union. If you mean darshan of something that could be seen with sathool eyes then yes it could happen to whomever Guru Sahib chooses. No one has a monopoly over it. I have heard of a Sikh who did seva at Darbar Sahib for 18 years and had darshan of Sri Guru Raamdas Ji but it was for the purpose of bringing him on the right path. He used to do seva and also yell at the sangat for walking on the floor he had cleaned. Guru Sahib intentionally kicked the dirt pile and made a mess. When the Sikh started yelling, Guru Sahib showed his original saroop and then disappeared.

One African also had darshan of the 10th Guru. A soldier in Germany in WW2 was given darshan. Sometimes sinful people are given darshan to serve as a warning to amend their ways. But these darshans do not mean one has achieved salvation because such visions lack experience and bliss. Bhai Rama Singh had darshan and also experienced the bliss but this was also to bring him on the right path so he could make further progress. Guru Sahib loves bhagats and always makes sure that they do more and more bhagti and for this reason they give darshan and provide guidance. Sant Harnaam Singh Ji was given darshan so he could start doing Jaap Sahib. This does not mean one can lax in rehat or taking Amrit as prescribed in Gurbani is optional. Darshan alone do not mean union with Vaheguru otherwise all Sikhs during Guru Sahib's time would've achieved salvation just by having darshan but we know such did not happen. All I know is that Guru Sahib gave Hukam to take Amrit and obtain Naam. A true seeker of Vaheguru must obey it or remain in the cycle of death and birth. Guru Rakha

wjk wjkf

can non amrit dharis do naam jap and recieve the same benifits as an amrit dhari? or do you have to take amrit? im not saying this because i dont wanna take amrit, im just saying is, me doing naam japna before taking amrit a 'waste' ? and if not can you become jot vich jot wiothout taking amrit?-just curious

wjkk wjkf

Khalsa Ji,

Naam Simran after taking Khandey di pauhal will give you the ultimate benefit, because the Naam has been evoked.

Naam Simran without taking Khandey di pauhal will give you many benefits, but the 'non evoked Naam' will not take you into the ultimate dimension.

Waheguru....

Naam Simran is never a waste for anybody. It is for everyone but Naam must be obtained from Satguru i.e. you must take Amrit to receive Naam Gurmantar and learn the proper technique.

Naam Simran brings all the benefits worldly and spiritual. But benefits remain in the hands of Vaheguru. No one can calculate using any equation to determine who would receive the most benefit. If you are not Amritdhari, your spiritual progress will be slow and take very long and you will not be successful in the end because without becoming Guru-wala, you cannot conquer five vices. A Sikh does everything under Hukam of Guru while a manmukh does everything according to his own will hence following manmat ways.

Salvation and union with Vaheguru are not possible without Satguru. This is the principle of Gurbani. If one could become one with God without Satguru then Guru Sahib wouldnt have taken 240 years to establish a path and taken pains to consolidate and organize the Sikh community. Institutions such as Amrit Vela, Naam Simran, sangat, taking Amrit are all part of the same package. One cannot pick and choose.

You can practice rehat and do simran because taking Amrit. These are still beneficial but if you are looking to make spiritual progress then take Amrit and you will get the full benefits. No religious work is ever a waste. Some benefits are received in form of worldly pleasures and wealth. But bhagti doesnt accumulate much in this way.

what if your non amrit dhari but ur doing everythig n amrit dhari would do, eg. doing all of your nitnem, not eating meat and waheguru japna etc. would he still be consodered a manmukh and would his spiritual prgression still be limited?

Khalsa Ji,

Naam Simran after taking Khandey di pauhal will give you the ultimate benefit, because the Naam has been evoked.

Naam Simran without taking Khandey di pauhal will give you many benefits, but the 'non evoked Naam' will not take you into the ultimate dimension.

Waheguru....

the thing is, i want to fall in love with vaheguru before i take amrit because if i take amrit for the sake of getting the 'ultimate benifits of naam' it becomes like your doing business with mahraj and is almost as if your saying to guru mahraj that "ill take your amrit but you give me naam in return". When i take amrit i dont want it to be for this reason, i want to fall in love with guru first and then take amrit because i have so much love for my guru im willing to die for him, and not the other way round where i take amrit before feeling that love

the thing is, i want to fall in love with vaheguru before i take amrit because if i take amrit for the sake of getting the 'ultimate benifits of naam' it becomes like your doing business with mahraj and is almost as if your saying to guru mahraj that "ill take your amrit but you give me naam in return". When i take amrit i dont want it to be for this reason, i want to fall in love with guru first and then take amrit because i have so much love for my guru im willing to die for him, and not the other way round where i take amrit before feeling that love

Khalsa Ji,

Your thought is very commendable. Wanting to engage in Naam Simran is the most wonderful desire anyone can possibly have.

If you are asking, is there a difference between taking 'Kandey di pauhal' and NOT taking it, then YES, there is definitely a difference....

Waheguru.

bdemon Veer Jee,

Naam japna is not only, not a waste, but a must, for whosoever wants to get freed from the cycle of births and deaths, and merge in Wahiguru.

As Sachay Patshah Arjun Dev Maharaj says in Sukhmani Sahib:

ਸਿਮਰਉ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵਉ

Simaro Simar Simar Sukh Paavo

सिमरउ सिमरि सिमरि सुखु पावउ

Meditate, meditate, meditate in remembrance of Him, and find peace.

He repeats the word Simran thrice, to show us the importance of this holy practice, and as the only method of devotion to be done by us.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਗਰਭਿ ਨ ਬਸੈ

Prabh Kai Simaran Garabh N Basai

प्रभ कै सिमरनि गरभि न बसै

Remembering God, one does not have to enter into the womb again.

Devotions are of many types, but this one of Naam japna is the highest:

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ

Prabh Kaa Simaran Sabh Thae Oochaa

प्रभ का सिमरनु सभ ते ऊचा

Some may be surprised and say, I prefer to do jap, tap, pujas or bathing in sacred waters, but Guru Sahiban, clears our fears and ignorance in His following words:

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਤਤੁ ਬੁਧਿ

Prabh Kai Simaran Giaan Dhhiaan Thath Budhh

प्रभ कै सिमरनि गिआनु धिआनु ततु बुधि

In the remembrance of God are knowledge, meditation and the essence of wisdom.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਜਪ ਤਪ ਪੂਜਾ

Prabh Kai Simaran Jap Thap Poojaa

प्रभ कै सिमरनि जप तप पूजा

In the remembrance of God are chanting, intense meditation and devotional worship.

Prabh Ka Simran dargeh manee

The Lords Simran, is accepted in His Court

So you see, Dhan Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, clearly states, that His Simran is accepted in His court. Other practices we do not know, we have no guarantee of their worth, and surely maybe a waste, but this Naam japna, is uttered and written down by Himself, that it will definetely take us to His abode.

Then, Nam is a Conscious power, we can say it is His power, by which Wahiguru created the whole creation, and permeates through it in all and everything. A ray of that power in the living creatures at all levels, is the soul or surtee. There is no being as such, which is deprived of its presence.

And the role or objective of Naam japna, is to reveal that Nam or Shabad within us, which is the reality of Wahiguru, Himself, by washing the filth of our minds, and the filth of karmas on our souls ....

And this priceless gift of Naam japna, is a blessing, bestowed by Wahiguru Himself on all human beings, so that they may free themselves from the cycle of births and deaths, once and forever, thus merge in Him forever also...

Such is the mahanta of Naam japna...we may read gain and agian the Sukhmani Sahib, to grasp as much as possible the beauty and true value of the sacred parctice Naam japna in our lives.

Sat Sree Akal

Being Amritdhari is a way of life to live in accordance with Guru Ji's will (Rehat). Guru Ji's gives naam that is why it is called Gurmantar. Without Guru Ji one will not achieve liberation.

Also If one is living the way of an Amritdhari before taking Amrit, ie getting up at Amritvela to do naam simran and Nitnem, devoting your whole life to Guru Ji, then why not just take Khande Di Pahul? It shouldn't be that difficult.