Stock Market

S1ngh

Fateh

I always thought that Finance is an area which has been kept away from our community. Look at our newspapers etc nothing at all; and if there is a news it is a small column. Compare it to the other communitues who thrive in this. Perhaps it is the fear of Maya ;-)

Back to your comments - Yes I dabble a bit as and when needed. Not sure if you will get some tips on this forum though ;-)

Fateh

Fateh

I always thought that Finance is an area which has been kept away from our community. Look at our newspapers etc nothing at all; and if there is a news it is a small column. Compare it to the other communitues who thrive in this. Perhaps it is the fear of Maya ;-)

Back to your comments - Yes I dabble a bit as and when needed. Not sure if you will get some tips on this forum though ;-)

Fateh

Punjabis don't talk about Finance coz most of their transactions are illegal.

The lending rates are very cheap in foreign countries as compared to India.

So they borrow cheap on some pretence & divert it to India (mostly invest in real estate).

This involves illegal money transfer & laundering.

Traditionally there are 3 investing options, Real estate + property, Gold and Dollar (forex).

If demand for one goes down, divert the fund to others.

It is not that the transactions are illegal. Indian stock market is doing and has done fairly well in the past years.

Guess the real estate angle comes from Punjabi Jatts being landowners etc (trying to be politically correct) and pakistani punjabis being more of a business oriented.

However there is a clear lack of understanding of Finance in our community.

What can be done - unsure unless ppl have a vivid interest in it

Not fault of our community. The reason why most Sikhs in Punjab are not into this game is because they are not free yet. We have dozen important issues that we are stuck (we are labelled as Hindus etc) and some organizations are making sure that "Sikhs" don't rise up and above. Once we are free or at least free from mental slavery mentality then we can rise.

I think Apple Stock will hit high soon because of their upcoming announcement of new phone and maybe additional product such as iwatch etc.

Pharma companies stock usually stay good.