Keeping Guru Granth Sahib Ji Saroops At Homes

Singh explains , the beadbi of guru sahib

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Sadh Sangat Ji, after reading and hearing about how 400 Saroop were brought to the Vancouver docks for the reason that the "numbers of sangat requesting and wanting Guru Sahibs saroop in their homes has increased". Dass decided to make this video regarding this veechar. I am 100% against the idea of anyone keeping Guru Granth Sahib Ji's saroop at their homes and want to share my vichaars on this with the sangat. My intentions was not to attack anyone by making this video. I only heard about this mahan beadbi a couple of hours ago and do not know all the facts about it as of September 30 midnight so I feel its not right for me to make allegations. If I have said anything that has offended anyone because its not according to Gurmat please forgive me, but if it is according to Gurmat then I do not ask forgiveness.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202431442578460&set=vb.1565697648&type=2&theater

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

The Gursikh's sentiment is valid - his hurt is in the right place and it resonates with every Gursikh who is pained by this tragedy.

Honestly, this is a question for Satkaar of Gurbani and an established process to obtain a Saroop and validate that Satkaar can be done. There are Sikhs who do more Satkaar of Guru Sahib at home then some Gurudwarae and some Gurudwarae who do less Satkaar than the worst of homes (meat, alchohol, bhangra, shady granthis, and then some). The reverse is also and obviously true. I understand the Singh's comments on this beadbi in being based on Sangat's requests for Saroops at home, but the deeper issue is the mass printing, dubious and disrespectful transport and ultimately the verification of the sanctity of Guru Sahib's final place of residence.

Validation of proper Maryada, appropriate set up, understanding of requirements and maybe a community responsibility to randomly audit ALL places that do parkash (Gurudwara or homes) may be needed to prevent this, but obviously, this is not something that gets set up overnight. The internet is replete with incidents in both homes and Gurudwarae that have beadbi going on.

Mass printing is also a definite issue - why have a "stock" of Guru Sahib? That is absolutely insane and needs to stop, as multiple stories have been reported about the "warehousing" of Guru Sahib in inappropriate conditions.

Conclusion: This is a Panth-wide issue that needs focus and resolution. Satkaar for Guru Sahib is paramount for Sikhs. This would, by default, be the SGPC's responsibility in theory (they are the only authority authorized to print the Saroops, so they bear a responsibility for the appropriate Satkaar of Guru Sahib during printing, transport and final destination), but obviously, they themselves are suspect characters. Given the current environment in the Panth< doubt this will come to an appropriate resolution for the greater problem of Satkaar overall.

Guest dasguruka

I haven't seen the video above it requires me log in but I believe Guru Sahib should have his own private jet that takes Maharajs saroop overseas. And there are many Gursikhs who do more satkaar of Guru Sahib at home than at Gurdwara. But it has to begin with people. Most people only bring Guru Sahib at home for their personal gains such as more money or physical wellness of someone in the house rather than reading and understanding what Maharaj is saying. They have no respect for Maryada or handling of Maharajs saroop.

Thanku paji.

penji you have to do same satkar as guru sahib you not sukhasan hukamnama or

every pothi sahib requires a prakash

i.e some mangal to be uttered before opening it with proper satkar

I haven't seen the video above it requires me log in but I believe Guru Sahib should have his own private jet that takes Maharajs saroop overseas. And there are many Gursikhs who do more satkaar of Guru Sahib at home than at Gurdwara. But it has to begin with people. Most people only bring Guru Sahib at home for their personal gains such as more money or physical wellness of someone in the house rather than reading and understanding what Maharaj is saying. They have no respect for Maryada or handling of Maharajs saroop.

those gurmukhs are very rare like diamonds . in most of cases people dont do satkar

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

This onus for overseas transport should be on the SGPC. If you are getting crores of rupees a WEEK from Harmandir Sahib alone, and you control hundreds of Gurudwarae in India (and their golaks), surely you can afford to rent your own plane from time to time and do this seva.

It boggles the mind as to how much money the SGPC intakes and how little they actually do.