Is A Gurdwara Private Property

ajbrown183

I don't think the conduct of sevadars at GNNSJ should be described as a fault. Most Langar halls are treated like community centres where social gatherings occur.

GNNSJ sevadars treat the Langar hall like it should be treated. Come in, have langar, and leave. No talking no loitering. They are an example of how it should be. They serve more meals a day than more likely any other gurdwara in the UK. It's easy to criticise but the operation is as flawless as it could be.

I don't think the conduct of sevadars at GNNSJ should be described as a fault. Most Langar halls are treated like community centres where social gatherings occur.

GNNSJ sevadars treat the Langar hall like it should be treated. Come in, have langar, and leave. No talking no loitering. They are an example of how it should be. They serve more meals a day than more likely any other gurdwara in the UK. It's easy to criticise but the operation is as flawless as it could be.

I disagree I know several people who have had negative expetiences of the sewadars at GNNSJ Soho Road over the Years. If you cant remain humble and speak and treat people politely and with respect you shouldn't be a Sevadar. If they are paid workers as I've heard that they are then they are not sevadars anyway.

There are several people who have had several bad experiences of several Langar halls at several gurdware. Everyone's opinion of "good service" is different.

And there are hundred of thousands who have awesome experience at several Langar halls at several Gurdwaras.

There are several people who have had several bad experiences of several Langar halls at several gurdware. Everyone's opinion of "good service" is different.

I agree, those that have negative experiences should report their experience to the Gurdwara management committee to get the issue resolved.

Arrogance and bad attitude towards sangat has no place in a Gurdwara.

• 4 years later...
On 3/8/2015 at 2:24 PM, singh598 said:

seems like a fake thread

This isn't, recently gurdwaras seem to be forgetting why they were created. Guru Nanak Dev Ji created the Langar as somewhere the hungry and homeless may eat and rest. Despite this, when someone homeless enters a gurdwara people often feel put off like that person shouldn't be here. This is especially bad because the fact gurdwaras have 4 doors is that anybody from any corner of the world may enter. Even the 5Ks are getting affected. A while ago I went to buy a new Kara because my current one was getting tight. When I went to buy one inside the gurdwara, I saw decorated bracelets with a small gap at the bottom of the wrist. When Guru Gobind Singh Ji created the Kara he told us that they should be plain and made of steel- the never ending corcle represents the eternal nature of both God and faith in God. The increasing rarity of Karas fitting the above is becoming distressingly harder to find as well as the increased discrimination against non-sikhs. I hope the Gurdwaras remember how our gurus preached equality and fix this as soon as possible.