Tariq Aziz Dies In Prison.

eduardo

Tariq Aziz, known as the face of Saddam Hussein's regime on the world stage for many years, has died in an Iraqi prison, officials say.

As a Christian in a mainly Sunni Muslim government, he was not considered a member of Saddam Hussein's innermost circle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33021771

Interesting story and I felt the need to post it here.

It shows how the minority Christians in Iraq did good business with the majority Muslims and were trusted by them.

Now I know Sikhs are a minority in india and are also in good positions in government and it seems trusted so perhaps this story shows how dangerous it is to let a foreign power take over. Each country has its own equilibrium and when a foreign invader takes control it can only disturb this equilibrium and usually lead to destruction.

Maybe there are parallels here, Sikhs as a minority in India but in good positions of power and Christians in Iraq before the US led invasion.

Dunno, I will keep an eye on this, maybe it's nothing.

The ultimate question is what was the relationship between Sikhs, Muslims and Hindu's prior to partition and did partition make it worse?

And you can blame the British if you like, I won't take it to heart, I want an honest answer.

Before the US led invasion in order to find and destroy some mythical WMDs, the Iraqi christians were a thriving and numerious community. Saddam Hussain protected them. Post invasion, the Sunnis and Shia began killing each other, the once thriving Christian community began dwindling due to religious persecution. And now the Yazidis are forced to accept Islam and their women are being sold in the Bazars of Iraq and Syria.

Take any other example of when the white man took over a country, what he did to the indiginous people and their land, and the state in which he left it in, and apply the same to Punjab and the rest of the continent. I struggle to find a single example of when the white man has invaded a land and done good for the indiginous.

Its not necessarily a british thing. Im british. Its a white british thing. Wherever the white man originates from. Take it to heart all you like. Take a look at what your people have done around the world wearing the "butchers apron" aka union jack. Where to start? Canada america africa south africa ireland middle east indian subcontinient china japan australia...to mention a few places. http://worldsworstmassmurderer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/britain-worlds-worst-mass-murderer.html?m=1

Heres another interesting link, number 1, 4 & 7 relates to your question. http://listverse.com/2014/02/04/10-evil-crimes-of-the-british-empire/

And just one from me on the subject of partition, this story appeared in the news this morning:

Bangladesh and India are to sign a historic agreement to simplify their border by exchanging more than 150 enclaves of land.

India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi will ratify the deal with his counterpart Sheikh Hasina in Dhaka.

Thousands of Bangladeshis inhabit more than 50 enclaves in India, while Indians live in around 100 areas within Bangladesh.

The countries will now swap territories and residents can choose where to live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33033342

Don't know too much about partition Bangladesh side however I know Guru Tegh Bahadur spent a lot of time in that area.