Sign in to follow this  
simran345

Mere Baabaa Mai Bauraa

ਮੇਰੇ ਬਾਬਾ ਮੈ ਬਉਰਾ ਸਭ ਖਲਕ ਸੈਆਨੀ ਮੈ ਬਉਰਾ ॥ मेरे बाबा मै बउरा सभ खलक सैआनी मै बउरा ॥ Mere bābā mai ba▫urā sabẖ kẖalak sai▫ānī mai ba▫urā.

O my father, I have gone insane; the whole world is sane, and I am insane.

ਮੈ ਬਿਗਰਿਓ ਬਿਗਰੈ ਮਤਿ ਅਉਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ मै बिगरिओ बिगरै मति अउरा ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Mai bigri▫o bigrai maṯ a▫urā. ||1|| rahā▫o.

I am spoiled; let no one else be spoiled like me. ||1||Pause||

ਆਪਿ ਨ ਬਉਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਕੀਓ ਬਉਰਾ ॥ आपि न बउरा राम कीओ बउरा ॥ Āp na ba▫urā rām kī▫o ba▫urā.

I have not made myself go insane - the Lord made me go insane.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਜਾਰਿ ਗਇਓ ਭ੍ਰਮੁ ਮੋਰਾ ॥੨॥ सतिगुरु जारि गइओ भ्रमु मोरा ॥२॥ Saṯgur jār ga▫i▫o bẖaram morā. ||2||

The True Guru has burnt away my doubt. ||2||

ਮੈ ਬਿਗਰੇ ਅਪਨੀ ਮਤਿ ਖੋਈ ॥ मै बिगरे अपनी मति खोई ॥ Mai bigre apnī maṯ kẖo▫ī. I am spoiled;

I have lost my intellect.

ਮੇਰੇ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੂਲਉ ਮਤਿ ਕੋਈ ॥੩॥ मेरे भरमि भूलउ मति कोई ॥३॥ Mere bẖaram bẖūla▫o maṯ ko▫ī. ||3||

Let no one go astray in doubt like me. ||3||

ਸੋ ਬਉਰਾ ਜੋ ਆਪੁ ਨ ਪਛਾਨੈ ॥ सो बउरा जो आपु न पछानै ॥ So ba▫urā jo āp na pacẖẖānai.

He alone is insane, who does not understand himself.

ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਨੈ ਤ ਏਕੈ ਜਾਨੈ ॥੪॥ आपु पछानै त एकै जानै ॥४॥ Āp pacẖẖānai ṯa ekai jānai. ||4||

When he understands himself, then he knows the One Lord. ||4||

ਅਬਹਿ ਨ ਮਾਤਾ ਸੁ ਕਬਹੁ ਨ ਮਾਤਾ ॥ अबहि न माता सु कबहु न माता ॥ Abėh na māṯā so kabahu na māṯā.

One who is not intoxicated with the Lord now, shall never be intoxicated.

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਰਾਮੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤਾ ॥੫॥੨॥ कहि कबीर रामै रंगि राता ॥५॥२॥ Kahi Kabīr rāmai rang rāṯā. ||5||2||

Says Kabeer, I am imbued with the Lord's Love. ||5||2||

SGGS Ang 855

• Like 3

This shabad is one of my favorites because it has such a story behind it.

A thief was running away at night and was being chased by guards. Kabir Ji saved him and hid him in his house. Now he had a daughter and he told the thief to lay in bed with her. When the guards came, he told them there is no else except me, my daughter and her husband. The guards left them alone and went away. Thus the life of the thief was saved.

The next day he arranged them to be married off. The people were furious and were gossiping about what type of thing Kabir Ji has done. That is why Kabir Ji says in this shabad that I have gone insane and please don't copy me. It is Ram who has made him loose his sanity. It is because he thought so deeply in not only saving the thief from death but also gave him a chance to renew his life and start afresh without having to steal again.

This is the reason why he also says that you all are wise and I am the only one who has been thinking differently on this matter.

• Like 3