Sikhi Shirts

SinghMastana

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have to agree on the point on Gurbani- no ik onkars, etc. please.

i think it's a great idea so don't mudsling yourselves by putting inappropriate stuff on the tees. As no sikh worships photos or pictures it's ok to put images of whosoever on the tees but not Gurbani.

Pictures are pictures and will always get disrespected- if one goes down that route one could argue that the person creating paintings, photos is doing even more disrespect than anyone else as they know it will be distributed ad infinitum.

My point- sikhi isn't about the phoney pictures, photos or rituals - they just add to the irony of life

i'm gonna print some shirts as well

and either give them out or sell them at cost

i have a few ideas but i'm thinking of making a "design a shirt" topic and have people members submit their designs

at the end maybe have a poll where everyone could vote but this poll would be more of a guide to me and my commitee lol and wouldn't be the final say

i'd give a prize or say 20 t-shirts to whoever's design is picked and send out a shirt to whoever gave an honest effort

anyway here's what i'm thinking of so far

what do you guys think?

colored shirts:

front: bhindranwale photo or silhouette

back: Nashey chaddo, Amrit chhako, Gursikh bano

Give up addictions, Take Amrit, Become good Sikhs

i'd put the gurmukhi script up with this translation and transliteration as well

or on the back:

'My mission is to administer Amrit, to explain the meanings of Gurbani and to teach Gurbani to those around me; ... and (to tell people) that a Hindu should be a firm Hindu, a Muslim should be a firm Muslim, and a Sikh should be a firm Sikh'.

or:

'One who takes Amrit and helps others take it; who reads the Gurbani and teaches others to do the same; who gives up intoxicants and helps others to do likewise; who urges all to get together and work in cooperation; who preaches Hindu-Sikh unity and asks for peaceful coexistence; who says: "If you are a Muslim be a devout Muslim, if you are a Sikh be a devout Sikh, respect your Isht, unite under the saffron Nish

aan Sahib stoutly support the Panth, and be attached to Satguru's Throne and Guru's Darbar"; persons who preach like this are now all being called extremists by this Government and by the Mahasha press. In particular, I have been given a big title. They call me the "leader of the extremists". I am a firm extremist, but of the type which has the characteristics I have described to you.'

or anything else similar to the above

or

'If we speak to someone with hatred and try to assert our superiority, it will create hatred in the minds of everyone. So long as we have the spirit of love, so long as we have the support of Satguru Hargobind Sahib, the Master of Miri and Piri, is there any power on earth that can subdue us?'

these are all from the gurmat.info SantJarnailSingh.pdf but i have the FULL book of his speeches translated into english so there's plenty of more

or instead of choosing just one design i can get 2 or even 3 different kinds printed

another quote

this ones from The Galland Defender writtern by A.R. Darshi

"I exhort the Sikhs to become Amritdhari; I advise them to give up all kinds of intoxicants and narcotics; I tell them not to harm  any innocent person; I teell them to follow the path shown by Guru Gobindn Singh and take revenge from the sinners.  In short I exhort them to become true Sikhs.  And similaly I advise every Hindu to become a true Hindu and a Muslim a true Muslim. If in spite of all this I am branded an extremist then I am proud to be called an etremist."

• 2 weeks later...
...Pretty soon, some person out there is gonna be smoking a cigarette with a drink in his hand wearing a "Sant Jarnail Singh" T-shirt...

the roots jarnail tshirt is now only $10 at

www.rootsgear.com

anyone sporting a shirt that says "Nashey chaddo, Amrit chhako, Gursikh bano

Give up addictions, Take Amrit, Become good Sikhs

and has a drink or cigarette in their hands is a damn fool and deserves a slap in the face

or any other shirt of that kind

• 2 weeks later...

any comments?

i was hoping to get more feedback on this

here's one more

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior, of the army of my God.

Waheguru is my Commanding Officer.

The Guru Granth Sahib is my code of conduct.

Faith, Prayer and the Word are my weapons of warfare.

I have been tried by adversity, and tested by fire.

I am a volunteer in this army, and I am enlisted for eternity.

I will either retire in this army at the Rapture or die in this Army,

If my God needs me , I am there.