Prakash Gurpurb Of Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji

simran345

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji has Gurbani of the Gurus, Bhagat Bani of the 15 Bhagats/pirs, Bani of the 11 Bhatts, and Bani of four Sikhs.

The Bhagats were enlightened souls and their Bani is in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji because they are in line with Gurmat.

So is Bhai gurdas Ji de vaars.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji has Gurbani of the Gurus, Bhagat Bani of the 15 Bhagats/pirs, Bani of the 11 Bhatts, and Bani of four Sikhs.

The Bhagats were enlightened souls and their Bani is in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji because they are in line with Gurmat.

Yes thank you :) my question was to pakandi baba who seems to be under the impression that only Guru Sahib jis uttered words are gurbani.

Yes thank you :) my question was to pakandi baba who seems to be under the impression that only Guru Sahib jis uttered words are gurbani.

I think first one must ask themselves what is kachi bani? For me and my understanding, Guru Arjan Dev Ji compiled Bhagat Bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, themselves, so how could it be kachi. There will be some that have different opinions of what kachi bani is like different school of historians will have different numbers for the Bhatts.

For me, any Bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is pure, it is not kachi bani.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/36172-kachi-bani/?hl=%2Bkachi+%2Bbani

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/61882-what-is-kachi-bani-sant-baba-ranjit-singh-dhaddrianwale/

I think first one must ask themselves what is kachi bani? For me and my understanding, Guru Arjan Dev Ji complied Bhagat Bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, themselves, so how could it be kachi. There will be some that have different opinions of what kachi bani is like different school of historians will have different numbers for the Bhatts.

For me, any Bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not kachi bani.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/36172-kachi-bani/?hl=%2Bkachi+%2Bbani

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/61882-what-is-kachi-bani-sant-baba-ranjit-singh-dhaddrianwale/

Every bani other than Gurbani is kachi bani. The bible, the quran, the vedas etc are kachi bani.

Singhbj is wrong to label Bhai Gurdas Ji ke vaar as kachi bani. And by PakandiBabas logic, even Bhagata ke bani can be labelled as kachi bani since they were uttered by the Bhagat, not Guru Sahib. That was my point incase you missed it...

Every bani other than Gurbani is kachi bani. The bible, the quran, the vedas etc are kachi bani.

Singhbj is wrong to label Bhai Gurdas Ji ke vaar as kachi bani. And by PakandiBabas logic, even Bhagata ke bani can be labelled as kachi bani since they were uttered by the Bhagat, not Guru Sahib. That was my point incase you missed it...

No Ji S4NGH paji, I didn't miss it, I understand and confirmed what you are saying.

ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰਮੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਤਿਨਾ ਸਮਾਣੀ ॥

जिन कउ नदरि करमु होवै हिरदै तिना समाणी ॥

Jin ka▫o naḏar karam hovai hirḏai ṯinā samāṇī.

Gurbani enters the mind of those, on whom the Lord casts His merciful glance.

ਪੀਵਹੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਦਾ ਰਹਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਿ ਜਪਿਹੁ ਸਾਰਿਗਪਾਣੀ ॥

पीवहु अम्रितु सदा रहहु हरि रंगि जपिहु सारिगपाणी ॥

Pīvhu amriṯ saḏā rahhu har rang japihu sārigpāṇī.

Quaff thou Nectar, ever abide in God's love and reflect on God, the Earth-Sustainer.

ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਦਾ ਗਾਵਹੁ ਏਹ ਸਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥੨੩॥

कहै नानकु सदा गावहु एह सची बाणी ॥२३॥

Kahai Nānak saḏā gāvhu eh sacẖī baṇī. ||23||

Says Nanak, ever hymn thou, this true word of the Guru.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ॥

सतिगुरू बिना होर कची है बाणी ॥

Saṯgurū binā hor kacẖī hai baṇī.

Without the True Guru, all other word is false.

ਬਾਣੀ ਤ ਕਚੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥

बाणी त कची सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥

Baṇī ṯa kacẖī saṯgurū bājẖahu hor kacẖī baṇī.

Without the True Guru every other word is false. All other sermons are but false.

ਕਹਦੇ ਕਚੇ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਕਚੇ ਕਚੀ ਆਖਿ ਵਖਾਣੀ ॥

कहदे कचे सुणदे कचे कचीं आखि वखाणी ॥

Kahḏe kacẖe suṇḏe kacẖe kacẖīʼn ākẖ vakẖāṇī.

False are the utterers, false the hearers, false the reciters and false their authors.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਰਸਨਾ ਕਹਿਆ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਜਾਣੀ ॥

हरि हरि नित करहि रसना कहिआ कछू न जाणी ॥

Har har niṯ karahi rasnā kahi▫ā kacẖẖū na jāṇī.

With their tongue they ever utter the Lord God's Name, but they realise not in the least what they say.

ਚਿਤੁ ਜਿਨ ਕਾ ਹਿਰਿ ਲਇਆ ਮਾਇਆ ਬੋਲਨਿ ਪਏ ਰਵਾਣੀ ॥

चितु जिन का हिरि लइआ माइआ बोलनि पए रवाणी ॥

Cẖiṯ jin kā hir la▫i▫ā mā▫i▫ā bolan pa▫e ravāṇī.

They, whose mind is lured by mammon, continue reciting fluently and mechanically.

ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥੨੪॥

कहै नानकु सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥२४॥

Kahai Nānak saṯgurū bājẖahu hor kacẖī baṇī. ||24||

Says Nanak, without the True Guru all other gospel is false.

SGGS Ang 920

If one reads the pangtis properly, then they will understand what is told to us.

To my understanding it says, Without the true Guru, every other word is false, Satgur bajhahu and not what is being implied.

So the bani by the bhagats is also kachi bani?

Where did I say that? the Bhagats are Gurus, the Gurus are Bhagats. As it's all collected in the Guru Granth Sahib, there is no difference between Gurus and Bhagats. Tohi Mohi, Mohi Tohi.

Its the key to gurbani so it's HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY IMPORTANT! If anybody calls it Kachi bani then they are going against what guru Ji said by calling it gurbani di kunji.

Where did I say that? you're over analysing.

Bhai Nand Lal Ji, Bhai Gurdas Ji are revered but they do not write Gurbani but praise of the Gurus and God but deserve the up most respect.

Guest Jacfsing2

Where did I say that? you're over analysing.

Bhai Nand Lal Ji, Bhai Gurdas Ji are revered but they do not write Gurbani but praise of the Gurus and God but deserve the up most respect.

Bhai Gurdas wrote the first Saroop of Adi Granth, (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji before being Guru Sahib).