Recorded Attacks On Muslims Triple Since Paris Attacks (Uk)

dallysingh101

dallysingh101 you're right mate. I was just so put off yesterday and it's happening more and more often. The amount of looks I was getting, I wasn't happy at all. Then ontop of that, my mate was so merry, more merry than usual and singing along to all the Christmas songs and dancing and expecting me to do the same but I wasn't reciprocating because of my mood. It was well annoying.

You might be right man, I may start avoiding these sorts of places now too. I can't stand people looking at me, I don't get shy and reserved, I get a mad temper. I don't like feeling p'''ed of all the time. I've nearly got into fights over this sort of thing before.

Glad to hear you don't constantly sh1te yourself like certain 'blokes'! Mate, control your environment as much as is possible. Don't volunteer yourself to get abused. We can't realistically afford to live in some ladida land ignorant of hateful undercurrents in society; that's asking for trouble. But don't over play it either, Truth is that a lot of goray have a deeply encultured, seething contempt for ethnic males as it is - with current politics they can just be more open with it. And a lot of them love seeing brown man cut down to size publically. Makes them feel empowered as whites. Don't give them the satisfaction! We need to be cutting them down to size.

Plus the less time you spend in negative environments created by goray (or anyone else) the better your psyche will be. I long grew tired of being the token acceptable 'asian' amongst white co-workers. I have this problem - it's called self-respect. I don't suffer no condescension. Plus goray are tossers. They expect you to just gloss over racist bull5hit from their society and quietly get on with it, but put them in a similar situation amongst a majority of ethnics suffering casual abuse and they'd be crying about it till the cows come home.

One problem though is how they like to subtly drag insecure 'acceptance-begging' apneean into their white worlds to groom them for white men. lol But eff it, we can offload the mentally weak on them. lol

Yeah one of my good mates is half white and half indian. He's seen both sides and agrees there's so much subtle racism still going on towards us, may not be as blatant as it was in the 70s (even though it may be heading that way again). Problem is not many Indians are aware of this (may be a good thing in a way in that they don't get so down over it). One example is how there are never Indian male models for High Street Brands i.e. Next, Debenhams, JD sports etc. It's always black and white people, with mixed raced thrown in too. They've even started using Chinese males here and there, what about us for f''s sake! P''s me off to the max. Don't even get me started with the Music Industry.

Yet yeah, as you say, our women are leaving us for them in droves. It's almost getting as big as WMAF (white male, chinese women) couples. I see it all the time in London.

Yeah one of my good mates is half white and half indian. He's seen both sides and agrees there's so much subtle racism still going on towards us, may not be as blatant as it was in the 70s (even though it may be heading that way again). Problem is not many Indians are aware of this (may be a good thing in a way in that they don't get so down over it). One example is how there are never Indian male models for High Street Brands i.e. Next, Debenhams, JD sports etc. It's always black and white people, with mixed raced thrown in too. They've even started using Chinese males here and there, what about us for f''s sake! P''s me off to the max. Don't even get me started with the Music Industry.

Yet yeah, as you say, our women are leaving us for them in droves. It's almost getting as big as WMAF (white male, chinese women) couples. I see it all the time in London.

I've seen a few adverts on tv with Indian families. Can't remember which products for, one the family sitting on the sofa, a Tv company subscription I think. But you are right no fashion retailers apart from Gap and Burberry that I've seen.

Retailers and companies only put on the market they are aiming for that they think are most likely to buy their products.

simran345 - there is the odd indian family in adverts for sofa companies etc. Even then, not enough for how much (numbers wise) we are present in this country (more than blacks). But the odd family for sofas cannot be compared to the effect a brown face representing a major brand (Nike, Next etc) can have. I don't agree with your last point about the retailers only putting out on market who they are aiming to buy their products. They know very well how likely we will be wearing their clothes ( which is as much as anyone else).

To them, Browns just do not fit. We have not 'integrated' into their society so we will not bother integrating with them. That's their mentality. Although, they use the word integration wrongly. We have not assimilated (giving up everything about our religion/cutlure) which is not a bad thing but that's what they want us to do. They expect the whole world to know english too. That's why they don't mind blacks, because the blacks even have english names. This is so deep and runs into the imperialist mindset that is engraved into them which goes back over 100 years. A book should be written about it.

Yes, you do have some backward Asian families (particularly Pakistani Muslims and your typical stereotypical Punjabi Parents) who do not want their children to play football, be musicians etc but the point I'm making is true and more of a problem. I saw a documentary about why there are no Asian footballers. A black man came to recruit. It came out that he had been given direct orders specifically not to recruit any Asians (from the Goras at the top!).

It took a black man to sign Jay Sean and not even here but in America. Still they guy is not as big as he should have been. Why, because he is an Indian.

Notice next time you drive or walk by a school as well. You will always see black and white kids in groups of friends together. On the surface this looks like Asians do not want to integrate but it's so not true (as much as people think it is). It's the other way round. I experienced it loads in school and college. They feel funny when you try and be friends with them and it all goes back to the reasons I cited above.

I'm talking generally here. Obviously there are open minded white people but it's too big of an issue to ignore and you can see the effects in everyday life, retail models, music, sport etc.

One example is how there are never Indian male models for High Street Brands i.e. Next, Debenhams, JD sports etc. It's always black and white people, with mixed raced thrown in too. They've even started using Chinese males here and there, what about us for f''s sake! P''s me off to the max. Don't even get me started with the Music Industry.

I think it's weak for us to look to them to represent us in this way. People like Jay Sean has shown us that we don't necessarily need whitey.

In today's day and age, with a massive potential global audience including India, we can (and should) circumvent them.

I think it's weak for us to look to them to represent us in this way. People like Jay Sean has shown us that we don't necessarily need whitey.

In today's day and age, with a massive potential global audience including India, we can (and should) circumvent them.

I'm going to have to disagree on that one. I want myself and every other Indian to be considered a part of British Culture including everything that comes with it, music, sport, fashion etc and I think we all should. We need to be included in everything that is happening i.e. representation in fashion for example amongst whites, blacks and everyone else. I don't see it as needing them to represent us, I just see it we should be represented in the things that is happening in this country.

Jay Sean could and should have been much bigger than he is. If he was black he would be 10 times as popular as he is now.

I'm going to have to disagree on that one. I want myself and every other Indian to be considered a part of British Culture including everything that comes with it, music, sport, fashion etc and I think we all should. We need to be included in everything that is happening i.e. representation in fashion for example amongst whites, blacks and everyone else.

Jay Sean could and should have been much bigger than he is. If he was black he would be 10 times as popular as he is now.

You're just getting into bed with the devil. By the time they've finished with you, your likely to become some token, whitewashed, confused puppet without knowing it. They are good at that! lol

I want a global, transportable Sikh identity/economy largely independent of others. Something that offers opportunities and expression on our own terms.

I don't see it as needing them to represent us, I just see it we should be represented in the things that is happening in this country.

When so much of what comes from their culture is shallow, celebrity worship and the most devious dubious politics - I want nothing to do with it or any apnay flying that flag. I want us singing our own song. I wouldn't get excited with seeing a Sikh on Eastenders or the next series of xfactor and other miscellaneous boring crap. Other nonsense bullsh1t, like simple Sikh boys getting over excited because a few keshdhari apnay are in the stands in a big football match....yaawwnn. lol

But you do you - i'll do me.

dallysingh101- I agree with some of your points particularly about the transportable Sikh/Identity economy which would be awesome. But I'm talking about Asians in general too whether they're Sikh or not. The segregation the western media puts in for us Browns similar to what the East Asians in the US face is clear racism and not fair.

" Retailers and companies only put on the market they are aiming for that they think are most likely to buy their products. "

@ Sakura Ji. What I meant by this is, they know a diversity of people will buy their products, but when they are advertising they are aiming for non Indians, in my opnion. I think it's because if they show Indian models then that will only attract Indian people, and they ' think ' that others will not buy as much from them. So what do they do? They show white models and black or mixed race, and ' think ' they have covered all, including Indians, Chinese etc and whatever community.

The keyword here is ' think '. Their ' think ' is not the same as the laymans ' think '. They are only interested in making profit. So they don't care about who to portray as a model, but how to make money and they will use whatever method that will.

But I've observed that Next seems to have more Indians in it whenever I go in, including the staff too, that are Amritdhari (male and females) with dastaars. It's really nice to see this.

But that could be because that I'm from a highly populated Asian area.