Recorded Attacks On Muslims Triple Since Paris Attacks (Uk)

dallysingh101

dallysingh101- I agree with some of your points particularly about the transportable Sikh/Identity economy which would be awesome. But I'm talking about Asians in general too whether they're Sikh or not. The segregation the western media puts in for us Browns similar to what the East Asians in the US face is clear racism and not fair.

I think this has a lot of potential advantages too.

Forces us to think on our feet. Black people in America were (are!) largely excluded by the mainstream white media/industry out there but that didn't stop them creating their own powerful representations in music and movies and fashion which have become majorly successful and influential. THAT'S the way to go.

We should cater to the massive global 'brown market'. When that is successful honkys will be kissing our ar5e for a piece of the action. Instead what you are suggesting (when we break it down) essentially entails us kissing their ar5e to be 'let in' so to speak.

They aren't going to stop being racist. Even if we get 'let in', it will on their terms promoting a vision of our society that suits them (not necessarily us). We have to deal with that and work around it.

I think this has a lot of potential advantages too.

Forces us to think on our feet. Black people in America were (are!) largely excluded by the mainstream white media/industry out there but that didn't stop them creating their own powerful representations in music and movies and fashion which have become majorly successful and influential. THAT'S the way to go.

We should cater to the massive global 'brown market'. When that is successful honkys will be kissing our ar5e for a piece of the action. Instead what you are suggesting (when we break it down) essentially entails us kissing their ar5e to be 'let in' so to speak.

They aren't going to stop being racist. Even if we get 'let in', it will on their terms promoting a vision of our society that suits them (not necessarily us). We have to deal with that and work around it.

I disagree that what I'm suggesting entails us kissing their backside to be let in. It's just not the way I see it. Maybe I don't see it as much as you do as ''us vs them''. I just see it as one culture where every colour of person should be represented but they obviously don't see it like that and from your posts, you don't seem to see it like that either. And I think this is where a big part of the problem lies on both sides.

About the blacks creating their own representations it wasn't completely their own culture, it would have been if they sang and rapped in their own language but they were singing and rapping in English. I just can't see punjabi music or whatever taking off to the level of Hip Hop because of this.

" Retailers and companies only put on the market they are aiming for that they think are most likely to buy their products. "

@ Sakura Ji. What I meant by this is, they know a diversity of people will buy their products, but when they are advertising they are aiming for non Indians, in my opnion. I think it's because if they show Indian models then that will only attract Indian people, and they ' think ' that others will not buy as much from them. So what do they do? They show white models and black or mixed race, and ' think ' they have covered all, including Indians, Chinese etc and whatever community.

The keyword here is ' think '. Their ' think ' is not the same as the laymans ' think '. They are only interested in making profit. So they don't care about who to portray as a model, but how to make money and they will use whatever method that will.

But I've observed that Next seems to have more Indians in it whenever I go in, including the staff too, that are Amritdhari (male and females) with dastaars. It's really nice to see this.

But that could be because that I'm from a highly populated Asian area.

All I'm saying is that British Born Indians and even Indians in India (excluding kurtha pyjama wearing people) and practically everyone across the globe is wearing western clothing. They don't use Indians because they think we are not cool and do not fit in and yeah it won't look good to the whites and blacks (this is the problem). They know loads of us buy their clothes.

They don't mind us working in the shops because it doesn't really matter, especially as you pointed out, this is more of the case in areas where there is a high asian population so they know most of the customers are going to be Asian. But this is completely different to the topic of using as to model their clothes on the websites and adverts etc. Then they really do care and segregate us. These are the words of my half white friend too and another mixed race man I met once (half indian half white).

All I'm saying is that British Born Indians and even Indians in India (excluding kurtha pyjama wearing people) and practically everyone across the globe is wearing western clothing. They don't use Indians because they think we are not cool and do not fit in and yeah it won't look good to the whites and blacks (this is the problem). They know loads of us buy their clothes.

They don't mind us working in the shops because it doesn't really matter, especially as you pointed out, this is more of the case in areas where there is a high asian population so they know most of the customers are going to be Asian. But this is completely different to the topic of using as to model their clothes on the websites and adverts etc. Then they really do care and segregate us. These are the words of my half white friend too and another mixed race man I met once (half indian half white).

It's a shame more Indians don't see the blatant segregation that's going on because if they did, then we could create a mass petition or do something about it. I've only met a handful of Indians who are clued up about this. Not trying to put you down or anything, just trying to make you see what's going on.

It's a shame more Indians don't see the blatant segregation that's going on because if they did, then we could create a mass petition or do something about it. I've only met a handful of Indians who are clued up about this. Not trying to put you down or anything, just trying to make you see what's going on.

Sakura ji you quoted and replied to your own post ?

Maybe I don't see it as much as you do as ''us vs them''. I just see it as one culture where every colour of person should be represented but they obviously don't see it like that and from your posts, you don't seem to see it like that either. And I think this is where a big part of the problem lies on both sides.

I don't see any problem, I'm just accepting realities. You yourself admit that 'they' don't see it like this. They do see us as 'them'. Geezer, there is a whole arm of serious academic studies that delve into this in depth with 'orientalism versus occidentalism' (look up Edward Said's work), so it's no big secret or conspiracy. I do however see a problem with apnay naively expecting some sort of equality from them which ultimately just seems to lead to some weak a55 tokenism, with the odd excited token apna (or more likely apnee) being promoted and used as some evidence that subtle systematic racism is some figment of our imagination.

About the blacks creating their own representations it wasn't completely their own culture, it would have been if they sang and rapped in their own language but they were singing and rapping in English. I just can't see punjabi music or whatever taking off to the level of Hip Hop because of this.

But use your imagination! Just imagine we could generate enough wealth with products/services just from targeting the global brown demographic. There is more than enough of us!

These are the words of my half white friend too and another mixed race man I met once (half indian half white).
I've got a few young half-whites in my family (though they are brown as heck), not one of them is not acutely aware of the subtle segregation/exclusion you talk about. Some of them starting talking about it to me when they were YOUNG, like 12/13 (I was surprised). So it's no big secret, maybe you are just waking up to it now?
Here are the options: wait and try and pressure them (whites) to relent and open up opportunities (good luck with that!!!)
or
Try and build and develop your own opportunities where their subtle discrimination is not a factor we have to deal with.
The latter is a much longer process but ultimately the greatest gift we can bestow on our children (saving them from a demeaning lifetime of having to please the 'massa' for their progress).