Becommin a vegetable

Balwinder Singh

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

its all maharaj kirpa. My desicion to become veggie was subconsious, i dont really know why i really gave up, its just happened as I learnt more about Sikhi. If you have been eating meat all your life (like i was), then obviously it will be difficult. One tip is, as with anything that ppl want to give up (e.g. smoking/drinking) is to give up slowly. I know ppl who cant leave meat for even a day. Start by reducing the amount you eat in a week and carry on till u only eat once in 2 weeks or something. lol, hopefully buy then you will stop altogther.

Stoping straight away can be very hard, as its like running before you can walk. another thing to try is to research into why your actually givng up in the first place, im sure u already know, but researching in the scientific part can help, mentally and phycologically (sorry bout speliling) you can train urself up.

Im sure the sangat at urseldf may find this simple and common knowledge, but simple way is the best way, lol.

anyway, sorry if offenfed anyone, may have said something i mean in different way, lol..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!! :TH:

Look at it like this:

if you are eating outside on a picnic and a pig or a cow walks over to you and licks your food, you would not eat it, because it has been dirtied. So then why is that eating the actual pig or cow is ok? Isn't it worse? Also you are taking a life to satisfy your tongue, when you know you can live perfectly and more healthy without meat.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

rsingh ji this is good question cuz i wanna know same thing...i'm trying to experiment with it and become vegie person. But I have problem that my whole family is meat lovers.

I was big meat lover too but now its juz kinda starting to taste gross. I think cuz i got more into sikhi stuff so everytime I start to eat meat all that stuff I learned is in the back of my mind and I can't stop thinking bout it. THat really puts me off from eating meat and I wanna eat something vegie.

Heres another one that puts me off from meat. When we cook chicken usually theres leftover in the pateela. Sometimes I get the duty to transfer the leftovers into a corning ware dish. The smell from the pateela is juz so disgusting and strong, it makes me wonder how the heck i ate this nasty smelly meat. :|

It'll be hard to juz stop eating meat totally. You'll have to ease off of it most likely. In the meanwhile find alternatives.

if i think of more i'll post more........in the meanwhile wheres all the rest of the vegie ppl? come on post and help us out here.... :wub: