Told Off By An Older Uncle Creep

Guest gt47d

Not sure what to do about this issue I am having. Basically I went to wedding about a year ago and was sitting with my relatives. However one person who was sitting next to me I dont really speak to that often. We have had no issues in the past. He is my uncles brother in law. He is quite old about 65.

Anyway I was feeling quite uncomfortable sitting next to him as I was not really familiar with alot of people.

Anyway out of no where he blurted out some strong words in front of everyone around our table. Something along the lines of 'you should liven up' and you never speak to anyone'. I could not believe what I was hearing . I have never been spoken to like this before. This person basically lost his temper in front of everyone including my parents and said some pretty harsh words. everyone around the table was shocked.

I just froze and could not believe what I was hearing he was making a character assassination of me. At the time I just gave him a stare like I was saying that your comments are not bothering me and just made him feel like he was a complete for losing it. And did not want to stoop to his level.

But now I feel I should have said something back. as I cant get what he said out of my mind. its like he has got away with it point blank after coming out with his comments. No elder person has ever spoken to me like this in my life and I am full of anger revenge. alot of people have said stuff to me before but its never really lingered and I have forgotten about it.

I cant wait to see this person again to let out my anger. Its like I cant move on unless I say something back to this person. I dont know why it is getting to me so much and cant get it out of my mind. All I want to do is punch his face in. If I did say something back I would look like I was in the wrong.

this person means diddley squat to me as he;s more of a distant relative . I get along with all my relatives so this guy coming out with his comments just makes me more angry. I feel like revenge is my only answer to get this off my chest. I cant believe someone can come out with these comments against me . especially and elder who we are suppose to respect.

Guest Jacfsing2

You should've got revenge before, now what you can do is fix this attack on your image, (if you retaliate now everyone will believe this distant relative). You could always avoid this guy, (you didn't mention a time-frame so it could be too late to logically get back).

Guest Who cares?

You said everyone was shocked at what he said. And even if they believed him, who cares? You know who you are and what you're about and that's all that matters.

I've had my character assassinated by pretty much every single member of my family and cousins. In the past I have come across as extremely arrogant and also at other times, vulnerable/ insecure which are things people prey upon- and they all preyed upon my weaknesses.

So I got Stronger and now they know if they about me, I a) don't believe them and b) am not bothered.

At the end of the day, You shouldn't care what others think and that makes us strong. If u can be true to yourself and All around you, don't rise to lies and slander(that's what your uncle was doing) and stay grounded in who u are, then that's what being a Good soul and a sant is.

You do realise that we're really just right? And that goes for all of your cousins, uncles and family, celebs, royalty and the kardashians aswell.

Every single soul is equal, good and bad- we're all just the God frequency, like waves in an ocean, all made of the same stuff.

So let the talk- it should make no difference to you- see it as a blessing, stand your ground and get Stronger.

Guest who cares?

Also, most weddings I have been to with my family, at least one of my relatives have usually kicked off. So it's not really out of the ordinary. It is Kalyug and there are dickh*ads everywhere.

Not everyone is going to be nice all the time and people need to accept that, everyone is just at their own stage of learning, and even if theyre silly, theyre still learning Something. You stay good and true to yourself and let the fools be fools.

You said everyone was shocked at what he said. And even if they believed him, who cares? You know who you are and what you're about and that's all that matters.

I've had my character assassinated by pretty much every single member of my family and cousins. In the past I have come across as extremely arrogant and also at other times, vulnerable/ insecure which are things people prey upon- and they all preyed upon my weaknesses.

So I got Stronger and now they know if they about me, I a) don't believe them and b) am not bothered.

At the end of the day, You shouldn't care what others think and that makes us strong. If u can be true to yourself and All around you, don't rise to lies and slander(that's what your uncle was doing) and stay grounded in who u are, then that's what being a Good soul and a sant is.

You do realise that we're really just right? And that goes for all of your cousins, uncles and family, celebs, royalty and the kardashians aswell.

Every single soul is equal, good and bad- we're all just the God frequency, like waves in an ocean, all made of the same stuff.

So let the talk- it should make no difference to you- see it as a blessing, stand your ground and get Stronger.

✔️ Like

Also, most weddings I have been to with my family, at least one of my relatives have usually kicked off. So it's not really out of the ordinary. It is Kalyug and there are dickh*ads everywhere.

Not everyone is going to be nice all the time and people need to accept that, everyone is just at their own stage of learning, and even if theyre silly, theyre still learning Something. You stay good and true to yourself and let the fools be fools.

✔️ Like. Yep all weddings have that relative that is going to do their bit to upset another. Just have to think they got nothing better to do.

फरीदा जे तू अकलि लतीफु काले लिखु न लेख ॥
Farīḏā je ṯū akal laṯīf kāle likẖ na lekẖ.
Fareed, if you have a keen understanding, then do not write black marks against anyone else.
आपनड़े गिरीवान महि सिरु नींवां करि देखु ॥६॥
Āpnaṛe girīvān mėh sir nīʼnvāʼn kar ḏekẖ. ||6||
Look underneath your own collar instead. ||6||
फरीदा जो तै मारनि मुकीआं तिन्हा न मारे घुमि ॥
Farīḏā jo ṯai māran mukī▫āʼn ṯinĥā na māre gẖumm.
Fareed, do not turn around and strike those who strike you with their fists.
आपनड़ै घरि जाईऐ पैर तिन्हा दे चुमि ॥७॥
Āpnaṛai gẖar jā▫ī▫ai pair ṯinĥā ḏe cẖumm. ||7||
Kiss their feet, and return to your own home. ||7||
फरीदा जे तू अकलि लतीफु काले लिखु न लेख ॥
Farīḏā je ṯū akal laṯīf kāle likẖ na lekẖ.
Fareed, if you have a keen understanding, then do not write black marks against anyone else.
आपनड़े गिरीवान महि सिरु नींवां करि देखु ॥६॥
Āpnaṛe girīvān mėh sir nīʼnvāʼn kar ḏekẖ. ||6||
Look underneath your own collar instead. ||6||
फरीदा जो तै मारनि मुकीआं तिन्हा न मारे घुमि ॥
Farīḏā jo ṯai māran mukī▫āʼn ṯinĥā na māre gẖumm.
Fareed, do not turn around and strike those who strike you with their fists.
आपनड़ै घरि जाईऐ पैर तिन्हा दे चुमि ॥७॥
Āpnaṛai gẖar jā▫ī▫ai pair ṯinĥā ḏe cẖumm. ||7||
Kiss their feet, and return to your own home. ||7||
फरीदा बुरे दा भला करि गुसा मनि न हढाइ ॥
Farīḏā bure ḏā bẖalā kar gusā man na hadẖā▫e.
Fareed, answer evil with goodness; do not fill your mind with anger.
देही रोगु न लगई पलै सभु किछु पाइ ॥७८॥
Ḏehī rog na lag▫ī palai sabẖ kicẖẖ pā▫e. ||78||
Your body shall not suffer from any disease, and you shall obtain everything. ||78||