Waheguru Is Real - So Be Inspired And Keep Up Your Simran And Bhagti

sikhni777

It wasn't awesome; not at all. It was a convoluted, roundabout way of masking her true intentions - that she spelled out unambiguously in her original post - by using Gurbani to present her actions in a positive light.

My answers were all geared to answer your misunderstanding, or rather to point out what I think you may have gotten wrong from the narration. I meant to encourage and spur those people who are only just wondering or thinking about Naam simran but not getting down to do it.

knew the limits to her comprehension when she started her post with, "Last year was a tough year. We decided we were having an extension to be done in the house." I dread to think what would happen if she encountered genuinely stressful times, lol.

For me it was not just an extension to the house. It sort of felt against my whole being. I did not want the extension to be done. Ten years ago we had a tough time trying to DIY the whole house to a livable state. The garden was inaccesible filled with a huge glass house with huge plants growing wildly. The place was cockroach infested. The bathroom was full of mould - totally unhealthy. The first visit and we were all down with flu.

I was totally stressed this time, because the situation at home for the last 4 years had been - me looking after my son with no help whatsoever from my husband who had back pain and was struggling with his job which was the cause of the whole problem. I was totally stressed about how he would be able to DIY the house again. The idea of the extension was not to increase house value - but rather to have a toilet downstairs for my mum in law when she visits. I was waiting for my son to go to school while I start a job - or a course - so I was mentally geared up for that and mentally exhausted from having to deal with a very demanding child all on my own.

Despite protests from me - the idea was picked up by my hubby. The nightmare began - for that is what it totally felt like. The builders tore down and back of the house and left it with nothing but boards. There was a storm... and it was totally scary being there felt like a shelter in the open. No central heating and the place was all freezing. I had to place my son on the computer and he was totally drugged up from morning til night with watching utube which you will agree is totally unhealthy for a 4 year old. This went on everyday for months on end - until we could DIY the thing. I was on the move having to do a mans job which I dont have the strength or experience for and was getting nothing but swearing and told off by my husband.

I had to sacrifice 3 weeks of summer holidays - place my son on the computer to keep him safe and help from morning to evening in the plumbing part of things hearing nothing but swearing and how things were going wrong. Every action of mine was being met with shouting. I had to cook, iron and perform other tasks in the time limit which was given. I was now on the verge of a total mental breakdown. I had the worst things going through my mind - like running away, cursing my mum in law, committing adultery, finding another man to marry and feeling very lost mentally.

It was not a cosy type of extension experience where you call people in and sit back and watch the job done. It was decisions and DIY.

Finally I could not deal with it - and I gave up telling him that I just cant do it. he can do it himself. I gave up to just save myself mentally. I could not handle it any more. I took a total break of 3 weeks - to recover and that is when reading the book of Bhai Rama Ji gave me hope.

When I started to do simran, my whole mental attitude changed. I had renewed strength. I can now stand up to my husband and demand that he talk properly to me. For when he shouts - I feel like I am mentally going to go back to that state again from which I recovered. My own thinking has now changed. I am surprised at how I don't want to say or do anything wrong now. Prayer, shabads and reading sehaj path take the priority over everything else. I still help him - but my mind is now focussed on Waheguru. I am in bliss when I go around performing by duties.

I am so glad I found my way - that is why I would like to encourage people to pray. Every little which we do everyday helps build up our confidence, our strength, our intentions, our relationships and our future too. My marriage would have broken and I would be in a mental home if I had not come across the truth. My son would be I dont know where.

But now with the kirpa of Waheguru Ji, we are one happy family with the DIY nearing completion and our relationship problems just melted like ice does. I don't even remember the hard times now. I just summed them up with - It was a tough year. Well, I am sure you would agree - and you understand the situation better.

Its a great recovery from a mental state which we manage to put ourselves in - because of our ego. This means that we are separating ourselves from God. We are feeling too busy to do his simran. That is what I was for a good deal of the last ten years. I always thought I would do it and do it but never got to do it.

The transformation was gradual - and my dreams changed too. I used to have this dream repeatedly about a huge house and something dark force lurking at the end of it. It just scared me. When I started doing sukhmani regularly - that same house was turned into a blissful clean place - where everyone was getting dressed for a wedding. That was the end of the dream of that house.

I now feel that dreams are a reflection of the journey of our soul. They sort of guide us or show us our reflection. If what we see scares us, then we can improve it with simran. The constant dreams of the same place with changed atmospheres will be an indication of our journey and will encourage us on and keep us on the path. For who knows when we might be tempted to forget to do simran. Divine experiences keep you wondering about God and help keep you focused on your goals. We always forget that we are souls sent into this world to do simran and to achieve a better future. What we get - the family we are with is all a result of the earnings of the last janam. Let us be inspired to improve them through the word of Waheguru.

Hope that sorts out your misunderstanding now.

I ask you, is asking God to amend his Hukam on your behalf an act of humility?

God gives us his blessings so that we can keep occupied with them and keep satisfied. It is like when you want to do something or want some peace - then you give your children some toys to play with. When your kids rally need you then they will start to cry and distract you.

If we are satisfied with what God has given us and we are peaceful then fine. There are however some people hungry for more. Wanting darshan is hunger.

JIn kou laghi peyaas Amrit sei khaye.

It is only those who are thirsty for Amrit who will be driven to drink the Amrit.

If you are not hungry for Naam, then you will not do simran. If you are not hungry for Amrit then you will not go and drink it.

If you have drank naam and drank Amrit and you are still hungry then you will want darshan.

You will only want darshan if you have drank Naam and Amrit and you are addicted and you know some more is available.

I you get darshan - then you will want darshan - because you want to go deeper into the experience.

God just exists - Nanak vigsae veparvaa.

In my opinion he is not running around and being distracted and going out of his hukam to give darshan. I think darshan is an elevated spiritual state where you are able to experience the presence of Waheguru. It is getting closer to your main goal - which is the union to God.

The earth is a dharamsaal where you come to earn what rewards you will receive later on. That is why seva has been created. It is to attune the mind and body to performing some service which will in turn purify your soul. That is the goal of sadh sangat too. That is why we have been told to earn our own living and share it with others. We are here to purify our soul using our bodies. It is not easy to just purify your soul if it did not have a body. That is why devas yearn for the human body. Is dehi ko simre Dev, so dehi bhaj har ki sev.

Visiting the Guradwara for a program and giving money for ardas and listening to kirtan - Is good but yes if you want further progress then you need to start doing Naam simran seriously.

Just another question Bhaji - would you please define for me what hukam means according to you. This is because I asked some Giani Ji the meaning of this like 20 years ago. Hukam na keheya jayi..... it means we dont know the hukam of God. So how is it possible for you to know what the hukam of God is?

I think females are the ones who mostly sing this shabad at sat sangs. It is written by Guru Arjan Dev Ji.

http://www.sikhsanga...hoe-prabh-mera/

I don't understand how you figured this out from the shabads in the link ? Please explain. I don't agree with it, how does one know that the males are not singing either.

There is no mention of gender in either shabad from my understanding, unless I'm missing something?

This was the answer to mistersinghs question. No you have not missed anything. He was asking why bibiya are so obsessed with darshan. This shabad was to point out that darshan is a Gurbani inspired concept. The shabad was written by Guru Arjun Dev ji.

When the ladies perform satsang - there is a selection of shabads they read. Many of them know the words off head. This is one of the shabads which is very popular with the bibiya. That is what i meant to say, in regards to this shabad having inspired the idea of the bibiya mostly ( and not men) wanting darshan. Few men go to satsangs. In fact in a ladies satsang they are mostly ladies.

The shabad is read in the Guradwara as well where there is mixed gender sangat. It is a popular shabad. So no you have not missed anything.

Penji here's a brief link on it, but as you are the one that has experienced it, only you can establish if it is that. I was also thinking it maybe sleep paralysis, as I've had that too and it feels so real, so when this happens it's difficult to establish what's happening and whether one is fully conscious or semi.

Thankyou so much Simran345 for this link. I have now understood better what happened to me about 20 years ago when I thought I was getting strangled by a bird in my sleep.

I think I need to look into my sleep patterns as that is what is causing it - and a lack of sleep too.

Thankyou so much Simran345 for this link. I have now understood better what happened to me about 20 years ago when I thought I was getting strangled by a bird in my sleep.

I think I need to look into my sleep patterns as that is what is causing it - and a lack of sleep too.

You are welcome penji, sometimes it is confusing whether it's a spiritual experience or something else if it's during sleep. The bird dream you say may have been if you were going through a stressful time and fatigue does weird things to one.

The main thing is God's name helped you through your stressful time. No matter how big or trivial it may seem, each person's stress is has an individual effect, so I'm in no place to judge you on that. It's good you were able to find relief from your experience.

But the wanting the darshan side of it, I'm sorry I don't agree with that, it's still demanding God for it, and I feel that is swarthi.

I agree most people do wish they have their darshan, but if one has an experience, I feel that they should be happy with that and leave it at that and to God to decide to grace, not ask for more and more, that's just being greedy.

Going deeper into an experience I don't agree with either, then that's the person wanting to take control of God's grace. It's like saying one isn't satisfied with the experience they had but wanting something more miraculous to happen.

" Visiting the Guradwara for a program and giving money for ardas and listening to kirtan - Is good but yes if you want further progress then you need to start doing Naam simran seriously. "

I think you are missing the whole point of going to the Gurdwara and diverting into experiences. Don't you see Guruji there when you go?

I don't agree with doing Naam Simran to expect a darshan or even wanting one. Sorry but to me that isn't the reason to do it.

As I've said before, God gives us darshan in many forms already, and those that want to go deeper just to have an experience are missing their darshan that's already in front of them. I still think the spiritual experiences are not in our control, it's God that gives them and owns them, not us.

What do you think of this scene penji ? A child gets given sweets, then asks for more, but the parents won't give more as they have to control how many they give. But the child won't stop had has a tantrum, rolling around on the floor, and throwing toys all over the place, until finally the parents give in and have to give more sweets.

" Visiting the Guradwara for a program and giving money for ardas and listening to kirtan - Is good but yes if you want further progress then you need to start doing Naam simran seriously. "

I think you are missing the whole point of going to the Gurdwara and diverting into experiences. Don't you see Guruji there when you go?

I don't agree with doing Naam Simran to expect a darshan or even wanting one. Sorry but to me that isn't the reason to do it.

As I've said before, God gives us darshan in many forms already, and those that want to go deeper just to have an experience are missing their darshan that's already in front of them. I still think the spiritual experiences are not in our control, it's God that gives them and owns them, not us.

By more progress - I mean to develop a deeper faith in God such that you can be more attuned to him when you are not actually in the Guradwara. If we just relied on listening to shabad kirtan in the Guradwara then it would not be enough. If we did simran at home too and read sakhiya and listened to tapes then when we go to the Guradwara we will be more tuned in to God.

I agree most people do wish they have their darshan, but if one has an experience, I feel that they should be happy with that and leave it at that and to God to decide to grace, not ask for more and more, that's just being greedy.

Going deeper into an experience I don't agree with either, then that's the person wanting to take control of God's grace. It's like saying one isn't satisfied with the experience they had but wanting something more miraculous to happen.

Yes experiences are to God's grace. We desire a lot more of many other things. I dont mean that we should focus our bhagti and take a stand and to just want darshan only and nothing else. If this would be what I am trying to say then the title of my post would be Lets demand darshan - and get a reward of our bhagti.

What I am simply trying to tell you is that God is real and exists and he can be felt by our insides. What we simply have to do is to keep up with our efforts and our bhagti.

When I said that we should ask for darshan, it was in answer to a question which was doubting whether we should be doing bhagti or not. The whole episode is not to be focused on just darshan. It is focused on us being aware that there is a beautiful powerful God whom if we turn to and pray to now - at the end of our days or if Waheguru wills it - when he decides to offer his darshan it will be a very beautiful experience.

As I've said before, God gives us darshan in many forms already, and those that want to go deeper just to have an experience are missing their darshan that's already in front of them

God exists all the time. He is everywhere. However we still get immersed and lost in our problems and forget him.

God is in everyone, but we forget about that because we cannot see him everywhere. We can only see him in our mind. We can only focus on him on our mind. Bhagti will help to install in us the feeling that God is indeed everywhere and in all people. This is when we will start to act - like everyone has the spirit of God in them and not want to hurt them. If we can become aware in our mind through bani that God is everywhere then we will be able to attune and pray better. We will be able to remember our prayers better.

God exists all the time. He is everywhere. However we still get immersed and lost in our problems and forget him.

God is in everyone, but we forget about that because we cannot see him everywhere. We can only see him in our mind. We can only focus on him on our mind. Bhagti will help to install in us the feeling that God is indeed everywhere and in all people. This is when we will start to act - like everyone has the spirit of God in them and not want to hurt them. If we can become aware in our mind through bani that God is everywhere then we will be able to attune and pray better. We will be able to remember our prayers better.

Ok, but you are saying wanting darshan, which came across as something different from what you are explaining now. Thank you for explaining it. But it is still a beautiful experience without something miraculous happening like all the physical things you've mentioned, that's what I am saying. What if somebody doesn't receive that ? We should not be putting ideas in people's minds that this will happen that will happen. That is a personal experience. Do you understand what I'm saying penji?

Whatever one is graced with by Waheguru is not the same as another, this we should understand. This is why people say, " oh why don't I experience that ".

Penji, tape tha hegi nai mere kol. Hun CDs v nai use kardi lolz. ? Hun tha eh nava zamane da electronics chalda. But I know what you mean. ?