gurdwara

jaspreet.kaur

Ive decided that after i start making money 10% of each check will go towards chartiy. Well i was talking to my friend at school about this and when i told her that my first check in total will go to a gurdwara, she freaked out. we started debating and all because she was like you dont even know wut they do with the money at the gurdwara's, its all politics. she was like you should choose a chartity becuase then your money will atleast go towards a good cause. she said if you wanna give your money to a gurwara, give it to the gurdwara's in india, not here. i agree with her and all, but what do u guys think...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhain ji, we've had this debate aswell, and it is true that there are a lot of politics here in the gurudwaras. We came to the conclusion that we go to the gurughar and matha tekh and contribute, when we go to India we do the same thing.

I've decided that the 10% that I will be taking out when i start working (hopefully soon) will go to sponser a child in need.

Or what some people do is they save their money then find out if there is someone in India who's daughter is getting married or is trying to get an education, and are tight with money, and they give it to them or go and buy her something, her wedding lehnga if its a wedding or books that she may need if shes in school. This way they make sure that the money is being used for good and to help someone.

In the end, its what u feel is right.

Pul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bhain ji, we've had this debate aswell, and it is true that there are a lot of politics here in the gurudwaras. We came to the conclusion that we go to the gurughar and matha tekh and contribute, when we go to India we do the same thing.

I've decided that the 10% that I will be taking out when i start working (hopefully soon) will go to sponser a child in need.

Or what some people do is they save their money then  find out if there is someone in India who's daughter is getting married or is trying to get an education, and are tight with money, and they give it to them or go and buy her something, her wedding lehnga if its a wedding or books that she may need if shes in school. This way they make sure that the money is being used for good and to help someone.

In the end, its what u feel is right.

Pul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

That's awesome! I like what you do witht he money in India. I was planning on sponsoring a child as well.

I do agree with politics in the gurdwara's, and judging by what's going on with gurdwara 'management' these days I don't feel comfortable donating to them knowing that my money will fuel greed and corruption, but I do so anyways because they need

money to keep the facilities running. They're like a bunch of pirates scuttling money from the devotees.

Hmm, speaking of pirates. Has anyone seen the Pirates of the Carribean? Sony, have you seen it? You know, the movie with all those pirates? ARgh Matey?

LOL.gifLOL.gif

- Sunny, soon to be slaughtered by Sony bibi ji

P.S. I fear for my life, the pirates are comign to get me!!

hit.gif (to the left you'll find sunny, to the right, Sony)

If anyone would like to view the slaughtering please email me. I will try to accomadate everyone and their times. I will make sure I call the pirates for the viewing as well. Sunny have ur final statement ready............... arrgghh matey! :wub:

hit.gif (to the left you'll find sunny, to the right, Sony)

If anyone would like to view the slaughtering please email me. I will try to accomadate everyone and their times. I will make sure I call the pirates for the viewing as well. Sunny have ur final statement ready............... arrgghh matey! :wub:

Peter Singh Pan will rescue me.

v good, u know its a kurait to not give daswand, i know some ppl disagree but u always hearing 'moderate' weirdos saying guroo nanak dev jees primary three principles. and in this case daswand is really important. having said alot of gurdwaras dont do anything to benefit sikhi so u shudnt give to them. khalsa aid, brit sikh counsil, other charities, sponsoring shaheed families, theres 2 much to do.

and remember, absolute minimum is 10%