Are you living your life like simal tree

nehkeval

Wealthy people who never care to help the needy are like a big tree which has a lot of fame but in reality no shade and inedible fruits.

ਸਿੰਮਲ ਰà©à¨à© ਸਰਾà¨à¨°à¨¾ à¨à¨¤à¨¿ ਦà©à¨°à¨ à¨à¨¤à¨¿ ਮà©à¨à© ॥ सिमल रà¥à¤à¥ सराà¤à¤°à¤¾ à¤à¤¤à¤¿ दà¥à¤°à¤ à¤à¤¤à¤¿ मà¥à¤à¥ ॥ Simmal rukẠsarÄâ«irÄ aṯ á¸Ä«ragẠaṯ mucáº. The simmal tree is straight as an arrow; it is very tall, and very thick.
à¨à¨ à¨à¨¿ à¨à¨µà¨¹à¨¿ à¨à¨¸ à¨à¨°à¨¿ à¨à¨¾à¨¹à¨¿ ਨਿਰਾਸ੠à¨à¨¿à¨¤à© ॥ à¤à¤ à¤à¤¿ à¤à¤µà¤¹à¤¿ à¤à¤¸ à¤à¤°à¤¿ à¤à¤¾à¤¹à¤¿ निरासॠà¤à¤¿à¤¤à¥ ॥ Oâ«e jÄ Ävahi Äs kar jÄhi nirÄse kiṯ. But those birds which visit it hopefully, depart disappointed.
ਫਲ ਫਿà¨à© ਫà©à¨² ਬà¨à¨¬à¨à© à¨à©°à¨®à¨¿ ਨ à¨à¨µà¨¹à¨¿ ਪਤ ॥ फल फिà¤à¥ फà¥à¤² बà¤à¤¬à¤à¥ à¤à¤®à¤¿ न à¤à¤µà¤¹à¤¿ पत ॥ Fal fike ful bakbake kamm na Ävahi paṯ. Its fruits are tasteless, its flowers are nauseating, and its leaves are useless.
ਮਿਠਤ੠ਨà©à¨µà© ਨਾਨà¨à¨¾ à¨à©à¨£ à¨à©°à¨à¨¿à¨à¨à¨ ਤਤ੠॥ मिठतॠनà¥à¤µà¥ नानà¤à¤¾ à¤à¥à¤£ à¤à¤à¤à¤¿à¤à¤à¤ ततॠ॥ Miṯáºaṯ nÄ«vÄ« nÄnkÄ guá¹ cáºangâ«Äâ«Ä«â«Ä ṯaṯ. Sweetness and humility, O Nanak, are the essence of virtue and goodness.

4 hours ago, nehkeval said:

Wealthy people who never care to help the needy are like a big tree which has a lot of fame but in reality no shade and inedible fruits.

ਸਿੰਮਲ ਰà©à¨à© ਸਰਾà¨à¨°à¨¾ à¨à¨¤à¨¿ ਦà©à¨°à¨ à¨à¨¤à¨¿ ਮà©à¨à© ॥ सिमल रà¥à¤à¥ सराà¤à¤°à¤¾ à¤à¤¤à¤¿ दà¥à¤°à¤ à¤à¤¤à¤¿ मà¥à¤à¥ ॥ Simmal rukẠsarÄâ«irÄ aṯ á¸Ä«ragẠaṯ mucáº. The simmal tree is straight as an arrow; it is very tall, and very thick.
à¨à¨ à¨à¨¿ à¨à¨µà¨¹à¨¿ à¨à¨¸ à¨à¨°à¨¿ à¨à¨¾à¨¹à¨¿ ਨਿਰਾਸ੠à¨à¨¿à¨¤à© ॥ à¤à¤ à¤à¤¿ à¤à¤µà¤¹à¤¿ à¤à¤¸ à¤à¤°à¤¿ à¤à¤¾à¤¹à¤¿ निरासॠà¤à¤¿à¤¤à¥ ॥ Oâ«e jÄ Ävahi Äs kar jÄhi nirÄse kiṯ. But those birds which visit it hopefully, depart disappointed.
ਫਲ ਫਿà¨à© ਫà©à¨² ਬà¨à¨¬à¨à© à¨à©°à¨®à¨¿ ਨ à¨à¨µà¨¹à¨¿ ਪਤ ॥ फल फिà¤à¥ फà¥à¤² बà¤à¤¬à¤à¥ à¤à¤®à¤¿ न à¤à¤µà¤¹à¤¿ पत ॥ Fal fike ful bakbake kamm na Ävahi paṯ. Its fruits are tasteless, its flowers are nauseating, and its leaves are useless.
ਮਿਠਤ੠ਨà©à¨µà© ਨਾਨà¨à¨¾ à¨à©à¨£ à¨à©°à¨à¨¿à¨à¨à¨ ਤਤ੠॥ मिठतॠनà¥à¤µà¥ नानà¤à¤¾ à¤à¥à¤£ à¤à¤à¤à¤¿à¤à¤à¤ ततॠ॥ Miṯáºaṯ nÄ«vÄ« nÄnkÄ guá¹ cáºangâ«Äâ«Ä«â«Ä ṯaṯ. Sweetness and humility, O Nanak, are the essence of virtue and goodness.

How do u know they don't help the needy? When you say wealthy people, do you mean all or just the ones that don't? 

5 hours ago, simran345 said:

How do u know they don't help the needy? When you say wealthy people, do you mean all or just the ones that don't? 

simran this is tuk from Gurbani unfortunately it isn't showing properly on screen , the tuk is referring to those who have the wealth but don't help others 

6 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

simran this is tuk from Gurbani unfortunately it isn't showing properly on screen , the tuk is referring to those who have the wealth but don't help others 

Hanji penji I know it's a tuk, from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, but from my understanding of reading it, it's not applying to wealthy people as such, but Guruji are talking about the nimarta (humbleness) and ahankar (ego), impure mann (mind) and one's gunh (virtues), how one is stuck in main main, (me, me) and not realising the Lord. 

That's what I'm understanding from it, unless I've misunderstood it? 

SGGS Ji Ang 470 ??

सलोकु मः १ ॥

Salok mėhlā 1.

Slok 1st Guru.

सिमल रुखु सराइरा अति दीरघ अति मुचु ॥

Simmal rukẖ sarā▫irā aṯ ḏīragẖ aṯ mucẖ.

The bombax hepta phylum tree is straight like an arrow. it is very tall and extremely thick.

ओइ जि आवहि आस करि जाहि निरासे कितु ॥

O▫e jė āvahi ās kar jāhi nirāse kiṯ.

(But) those several birds, which visit it with hope, depart disappointed.

फल फिके फुल बकबके कमि न आवहि पत ॥

Fal fike ful bakbake kamm na āvahi paṯ.

Its fruits are insipid, flowers nauseating and leaves useless.

मिठतु नीवी नानका गुण चंगिआईआ ततु ॥

Miṯẖaṯ nīvī nānkā guṇ cẖang▫ā▫ī▫ā ṯaṯ.

Sweetness and humility, O Nanak, is the essence of merits and virtues.

सभु को निवै आप कउ पर कउ निवै न कोइ ॥

Sabẖ ko nivai āp ka▫o par ka▫o nivai na ko▫e.

Everyone bows for himself None bows for another.

धरि ताराजू तोलीऐ निवै सु गउरा होइ ॥

Ḏẖar ṯārājū ṯolī▫ai nivai so ga▫urā ho▫e.

If a thing be placed in the pan of a balance and weighed, the side which descends that is the heavier.

अपराधी दूणा निवै जो हंता मिरगाहि ॥

Aprāḏẖī ḏūṇā nivai jo hanṯā miragāhi.

The sinner like the deer hunter, bows twice as much.

सीसि निवाइऐ किआ थीऐ जा रिदै कुसुधे जाहि ॥१॥

Sīs nivā▫i▫ai ki▫ā thī▫ai jā riḏai kusuḏẖe jāhi. ||1||

What can be achieved by bowing the head, when the man goes with filthy mind?