Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest E55SINGH

Are my actions justified ?

Recommended Posts

Guest E55SINGH

Me: 3Khalistan. Love Punjabis regardless of caste, See a Singh solute a Singh, Shere Punjab till I die

Situation: This guy wants to marry a girl from another culture (irrelevant of which one) and wishes to take part in Anand Karaj as typical Sikh weddings occur, and of course with the clarification that a non Sikhs cannot take part in Anand Karaj we spoke to him politely several times and then even tried to bring about reasonable solutions but he and his family just didn't care.

The guys really not that religious and he's only doing this as this is the normality for a Sikh wedding so his family can look normal. Like "koi nee putt marry who you want just do it in a gudwara please"

So then him giving it the large lead to us assaulting the guy and and whoever he was with and therefore he and matey ended up in intensive care for a few weeks and missed his wedding (he's fine now, just a few bruises left), the reason behind this is that people like this just make us look bad and I find it very insulting the way some of our culture conduct themselves although violence is not the way what else am I to do. Turn a blind eye ?

So I was just curious is this the future ? as peaceful protests don't seem to be working And am I the only guy in London who feels like this because up north the Coventry, Birmingham soormeh lock of Gudwaras (Lemmington Spa Sooormeh)  in numbers of fifty but with me the number was like 4 and only 1 being Punjabi (me).

PS the wedding was at a corrupt gudwara where they allow interfaith marriage and also happens to be the leaders nephew.  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bhainji 

he's the attacker of the interfaith groom ... No Brother if you haven't got it .... did you not suggest them doing a sukhmani sahib program instead and do the bhog and Ardas for the couple after they've had the court marriage in the gurdwara?  I understand your frustration but now you have done something which will spoil your family life ,and also reputation of SInghs and Kaurs . I think we need to name and shame the gurdwarey and their management teams so we as a panth refuse to have anything to do with them i.e. cut off their money , cos that is where it will hurt them . I think it is worthwhile that the sangat start a court case against the committee member of Leam Gurdwara who sold himself the Gurdwara Hall  to make a club  , he abused his position to embezzle from the sangat .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2
18 hours ago, Guest E55SINGH said:

Me: 3Khalistan. Love Punjabis regardless of caste, See a Singh solute a Singh, Shere Punjab till I die

Situation: This guy wants to marry a girl from another culture (irrelevant of which one) and wishes to take part in Anand Karaj as typical Sikh weddings occur, and of course with the clarification that a non Sikhs cannot take part in Anand Karaj we spoke to him politely several times and then even tried to bring about reasonable solutions but he and his family just didn't care.

The guys really not that religious and he's only doing this as this is the normality for a Sikh wedding so his family can look normal. Like "koi nee putt marry who you want just do it in a gudwara please"

So then him giving it the large lead to us assaulting the guy and and whoever he was with and therefore he and matey ended up in intensive care for a few weeks and missed his wedding (he's fine now, just a few bruises left), the reason behind this is that people like this just make us look bad and I find it very insulting the way some of our culture conduct themselves although violence is not the way what else am I to do. Turn a blind eye ?

So I was just curious is this the future ? as peaceful protests don't seem to be working And am I the only guy in London who feels like this because up north the Coventry, Birmingham soormeh lock of Gudwaras (Lemmington Spa Sooormeh)  in numbers of fifty but with me the number was like 4 and only 1 being Punjabi (me).

PS the wedding was at a corrupt gudwara where they allow interfaith marriage and also happens to be the leaders nephew.  Lol

No, your actions were not justified, as you could have recommended any other thing, (maybe a Paht or Kirtan, or maybe conversion for that Non-Sikh?) Also you would've been hitting the wrong person anyway, rather it's the Gurdwara committee not the groom. Did you even recommend that the girl becomes Sikh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest inspector gadget

do not reply. this person is obviously a reporter or non sikh trying to see if sikhs  say something in support of violence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Violence can never be justified, under any circumstances.

How others behave, it is their karma created, and how we react with others, that is our karam, so why add uncessary burden on our shoulders, which carry karmas of countless lives.

Just tell me, has any Guru Sahiban, given you the authority to take justice by your ownself?   If not so, and still we do it,  then we are no better than muslims.

Fifth Patshahee, was Akal Purukh in human form, and we all know how he was tortured and abused, and so, if He wanted, He could turn them to ashes for example, but rather, He did not loose balance.

You see, we are guests here in this creation. He the creator knows much better than any of us, how to handle His creation, which after all is His look out, we are blind and full of agyanta.

Suppose you have some guests at home, and they they abuse in your presence some of your family members, just because they disagree on some issues. How would you feel.

Let us bother for ourselves, and our betterment as human beings, and do the needful of bhakti, to get closer to Him, and be able to stay in His bhaana, that is it.

At the end of the day, our actions alone will count, others come and go at their own appointed times, so let us worry for ourselves.

Instead to make others good, if everyone tries to be good for himself or herself, then only can all become good.

So the question is what is to be good? Good means, not harming anyone in thought, word, or deed.

I am not saying not defending if one is attacked, that is another thing.

You see, the path which will take us to Him, is individual and within each and everyone of us. So brother, if anyones does anything like you have stated, how can that be a hindrance, in that your inner path?

Of course, we may not like things like those you have mentioned, but that is when Gurmat is helpful to us, for the horizons of our minds are wide open, as we  are much more mature than many of the other dharams.

There is quite a difference in being a true sikh, or a fanatic fascist. The true sikh looks at himself/herself within, where the Reality is, the fanatic fascist looks all around, except within.

Sat Sree Akal.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2
33 minutes ago, harsharan000 said:

Violence can never be justified, under any circumstances.

This isn't the right way either, though Daas respects your view very much, (you are one of the most polite users on this forum). This is the goal of the Jains, not of Gurmat, as we should be ready to use force; (though only at rare scenarios and for righteousness).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

This isn't the right way either, though Daas respects your view very much, (you are one of the most polite users on this forum). This is the goal of the Jains, not of Gurmat, as we should be ready to use force; (though only at rare scenarios and for righteousness).

Brother,

I totally agree with what you have said, but I think I made it clear in my post, when I said, we have right to defend ourselves if attacked, or if someone is ill treated, even then we should take part in it.

What does violence mean?  Violence means unrighteousness, means causing pain to others, whether it is verbal of physical.

Violence does not mean, not defending oneself  if the need arises to beat the other one. You see, one thing is to beat someone for fun, or for any other reason, and other thing thing is, to beat someone in defending oneself , agreed as you have said in those required scenarios, and believe me, if that ocassion arises, I can go to the extent, that the other one will think twice next time in troubling someone just like that, cause he will have to lie down flat on bed for a couple of months...O:):ehhh::p

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest E55SINGH

Thank you for all the replies, especially harsharan000 your post exemplifies the fact the Sikhi is much to do with the strength of your mind and not your physical strength and especially the part where you said "The true sikh looks at himself/herself within".

I am aware of the inner strength and strength of the mind is what makes a true Sikh this was made clear from BasicsOfSikhi who has mentioned this quite often but I'm confused on what you say, specifically in your earlier post where you said "At the end of the day, our actions alone will count, others come and go at their own appointed times, so let us worry for ourselves" so should I just let things happen and sit back and watch a mess turn into a bigger mess and worry about myself ?

 @jkvlondon Havelock Road, Southall I have already stopped going there someone needs to fix up that committee as they are very very confused. In June 2016 a Punjabi guy married a black Christian girl at that gudwara at first they said no but money talks I guess.

@guestinspectorgadget Mate you can shut up, clearly someone in your family has married outside the culture and you just sat there like a sideman.

@jacfsing2 anyone can enter the Gudwara and have a path which I made clear to this arrogant family but you can't force are religion onto anyone. Otherwise are you no better than a Muslim ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2
On 9/19/2016 at 4:57 PM, Guest E55SINGH said:

@jacfsing2 anyone can enter the Gudwara and have a path which I made clear to this arrogant family but you can't force are religion onto anyone. Otherwise are you no better than a Muslim ?

Daas will respond to @Jacfsing2question. Where have I mentioned force conversion, it's their choice whether they marry in a Gurdwara or not, now you just see people being all, "All religions are equal", and what happens, outsiders view us as a weak faith rather than the olden days. Back then Sikhs actually wanted to expand Sikhi, now they won't even expand Sikhi to their loved ones. (Also Sikhs won't mention conversion more than once, unlike Muslims who make it the basis of every conversation, as well as known to kill non-believers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/9/2016 at 9:57 PM, Guest E55SINGH said:

 

Sikhi is much to do with the strength of your mind and not your physical strength and especially the part where you said "The true sikh looks at himself/herself within".

With these words, I mean to say that looking within means, looking where the permanent  and eternal Truth, resides, and there wher it is only to be found. In that sense, what happens outside, has nothing to do with what we have within. Because that Truth is changless and unaffected by anything of outside. We can only get closer to it, by His Meher and our prem bhakti towards Him; at the same time we can far away from it, but gettting entangled in outside events, elements.

 

I am aware of the inner strength and strength of the mind is what makes a true Sikh this was made clear from BasicsOfSikhi who has mentioned this quite often but I'm confused on what you say, specifically in your earlier post where you said "At the end of the day, our actions alone will count, others come and go at their own appointed times, so let us worry for ourselves" so should I just let things happen and sit back and watch a mess turn into a bigger mess and worry about myself ?

I mean to say, that, we are just guests  in His creation like everyone else. And His means, only His, not ours.

Wahiguru has not told us to take in charge the reins of His creation, has He? This imperfect creation existed even before our coming here, and will continue existing, running, even then.

Has He forgotten, His duties?  Or is it, that He is tired and resting, so we, with our narrow and dull vision, try to straighten some pàrt of the creation. It is like trying to extinguish the fire at someone´s house, when our own is in flames....

But we have no time for it, and we are busy trying to set right someone´s house.

That wouldn´t be wise, isn´t it?

Let us ask ourselves, what for, has Wahiguru sent me here? Have I achieved that goal? You see, our number of breaths is uncertain and decreasing each second, and if by chance we loose our lives, without even trying to get ashore, then we shall surely drown in the chaurasee, and then what use will be our anger, our disappointments.

Then you shall also definetely agree, after all, who chooses to belong to a paticular, caste, dharam, color, nationality...... Everything happens by His Hukum. all these jeevas born as  muslims, hindus, christians, etc, are by His hukum, and the beauty is, He is present in all of them, and even in the atheists also...

Then brother, what is the reason of our anger or hatred?  If you think, they are wrong by not understanding Sikhi, then let it be, it is their problem, and the responsibilty of the One who created or made them so...

Our approach towards life should be as, just as a lover intensely looks ony at the Beloved, all others are insipd, thus has no time to entertain for others...

Let us try to pargat Wahiguru as soon as possible within us, as said, life is uncertain...all our efforts, attention, focus, should be only for the Lotus Feet of Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

This attitude has countless benefits for us, but the main will be that, we shall have unwavering sharda in Guru Jee, and the second benefit is, we shall learn to  stay in His bhaana, then there are no confussions, rather everything is crystal clear, thus we have peace of mind.

Countless, gods, devis, devtas, dusht, warriors, kings, soldiers, commanders, etc have come, and shall continue coming, and all try their best to settle this creation as per theirs wishes or thinkings,  and all fail;nevertheless we should not ever forget, this creation is run by a perfect and unique Sachay Patshah.

Let each one decide what thay want to do with their lives, it is their problem, our concern is only Wahiguru, and, if our faith, love and devotion do not get diminished by getting distracted with any of the mayevee business.

Suppose death messengers come  to take you, do you think you are going to tell them, wait a bit, I am first going to set fit some people because they are going against Sikhee?

Brother do not remain under that misconception, for Sikhee is not weak at all, it stands by itself, with the power of Akal Purukh alone.

Sadly, not all are meant to get salvation in this life, so who are we to change anyone? That also, when we can not even deal with our vikaars, the chor within us.

So if creation has to continue, imperfections have to exist, the only thing which matters is, how much have we understood Sikhee/Gurmat correctly, in order to achieve the goal of our life, which only is our union with Him, through prem bhakti.

Sat Sree Akal.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19 September 2016 at 9:57 PM, Guest E55SINGH said:

Thank you for all the replies, especially harsharan000 your post exemplifies the fact the Sikhi is much to do with the strength of your mind and not your physical strength and especially the part where you said "The true sikh looks at himself/herself within".

I am aware of the inner strength and strength of the mind is what makes a true Sikh this was made clear from BasicsOfSikhi who has mentioned this quite often but I'm confused on what you say, specifically in your earlier post where you said "At the end of the day, our actions alone will count, others come and go at their own appointed times, so let us worry for ourselves" so should I just let things happen and sit back and watch a mess turn into a bigger mess and worry about myself ?

 @jkvlondon Havelock Road, Southall I have already stopped going there someone needs to fix up that committee as they are very very confused. In June 2016 a Punjabi guy married a black Christian girl at that gudwara at first they said no but money talks I guess.

@guestinspectorgadget Mate you can shut up, clearly someone in your family has married outside the culture and you just sat there like a sideman.

@jacfsing2 anyone can enter the Gudwara and have a path which I made clear to this arrogant family but you can't force are religion onto anyone. Otherwise are you no better than a Muslim ?

It's got nothing to do with culture. Punjabi culture is men and now women getting drunk, guys hiring strippers on stag dos, even drugs. A lot of 'Sikh' guys I know cheat on their wives and girlfriends and have sociopathic tendencies, they don't feel about what they do. Brown Sikhs slander, Sikhs, lie, Sikhs cheat.

 

My advice is this: if are so dead set on protesting, look at BROWN Sikhs First.

 

My relative claims they are an atheist, yet wouldn't be questioned twice on requesting to marry in a gurdwarra. 

Sikhs who foolishly drink, go to the gurdwarra in the morning and get sh*tfaced in the afternoon at the reception. Comittee members steal and indulge in corruption and ego trips, beat each other up in the Gurus house etc. 

If you're dealing with people on the basis of who is Sikh or not, you need to address brown Sikhs first. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Our Gurus met with and influenced many religious leaders. Lord Chaitanya of Bengal was one of them. Our historians should do more research on this important event in history. Another great incident is that of Guru Hargobind Sahib ji who met with Samarth Ramdas the Guru of the Maratha king Shivaji while in Kashmir. I read some where that the Rajput Raja who helped Shivaji escape Mughal captivity was a Shardaloo of Guru Tegh Bahadur sahib ji.  I really wish our historians would shed more light on these events
    • They always give their terrorist groups these harmless sounding names. Rakshak sounds as if it is a defensive operation. Similarly during the 80s they had a group called Hindu Suraksha Samiti or something like that as if it was a defence group but the intention was to fight and kill kill Sikhs with the help of the police.
    • Such a false flag operation was to be expected. Farmers were preparing for this. This is what they did during the Dharam Yudh morcha. But at the time there was no Ravish Kumar of NDTV, no youtube no facebook. So we couldn't tell our side of the story.  Modi government will try to do more such false flag operations.
    • He is a heretic. His views are very missionary like. Only difference between him and missionaries is that he believes in Dasam Granth while missionaries don't. But otherwise their beliefs, ideology is identical. From my interaction with Dharm Singh's chellas online, they are worse than missionaries. They insult our Shaheeds especially if that Shaheed is associated with the Taksal.  They just look like Nihangs, but there is absolutely nothing Nihang like about them. Wolves in sheep's clothing. Dharam Singh also has close relations with prominent missionaries. They invite him to give lectures to their so called college since their heretical ideology is the same
    • I know this post and topic is from 2005, the year I was born. When I read forums like this, I cry alot because I still haven't been blessed with amrit. This daat is literally on my mind every day. Every day. I'm crying alot now because i really hope maharaj blesses this paapi with amrit. The joth in me dying for it. Maharaj kirpa karan. God knows how many times I have created a forum talking about me wishing to be blessed with amrit. My lots of pyaar to all those gursikhs that have taken amrit and keeping a rehat. Lots of pyaar to those that are like me crying to take amrit everyday. Lots of pyaar to everyone. Maharaj kirpa karan that everyone will be blessed with amrit.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use