Sign in to follow this  
shastarSingh

Dusht Daman Jee were a Monarch and NOT a Rishi

44 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

I have heard many Nihangs say that Dusht Daman(Guru Gobind Singh jee's previous life) were a Rishi but it is not correct Guru jee were a MONARCH. 

Have a read of this excellent article

http://tisarpanth.blogspot.in/2013/06/the-legend-of-dusht-daman.html

bro you can be both ... dasarath did a lot of tapasya too ...

Edited by jkvlondon

12 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

bro you can be both ... 

Sister, there is a HUGE difference in the life style of a rishi and a monarch. Rishis were the one who used to do lots of abhiyaas of Vedas, they used to worship the Hindu trinity-vishnu,brahma, shiv.

Rishis used to write books called smrities.

I cannot imagine Dusht Daman Jee meditating on vedaas and doing 'araadhana' of demi gods.

Dusht Daman Jee were monarch, strong honest soul of God but during his experience as a monarch, Dusht Daman jee became a bit udaas from this world and started doing bhagti.

Edited by shastarSingh

Just now, shastarSingh said:

Sister, there is a HUGE difference in a life style of a rishi and a monarch. Rishis were the one who used to do lots of abhiyaas of Vedas, they used to worship the Hindu trinity-vishnu,brahma, shiv.

I cannot imagine Dusht Daman Jee meditating on vedaas and doing 'araadhana' of demi gods.

Dusht Daman Jee were monarch, strong honest soul of God but during his experience as a monarch, Dusht Daman jee became a bit udaas from this world and started doing bhagti.

Dusht Daman wrote Sarabloh Granth didn't he ...there was deeper, truer understanding of Sach than those who did tap for personal gains or powers. Do you not feel there is a parallel between his life and Guru Teg Bahadur ji's early life ...kind of reflections ...Whatever he was , he is my Guru Pita ji now and forever...

3 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Dusht Daman wrote Sarabloh Granth didn't he ...there was deeper, truer understanding of Sach than those who did tap for personal gains or powers. Do you not feel there is a parallel between his life and Guru Teg Bahadur ji's early life ...kind of reflections ...Whatever he was , he is my Guru Pita ji now and forever...

Dusht Daman jee were a monarch near the present day nanded and wrote some sutras in sanskrit.

Guru Gobind Singh Jee collected these sanskrit sutras while at nanded and finished the Sarbloh Granth.

Guru Gobind Singh Jee started writing Sarbloh Granth in 1698 AD.

2 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Dusht Daman jee were a monarch near the present day nanded and wrote some sutras in sanskrit.

Guru Gobind Singh Jee collected these sanskrit sutras while at nanded and finished the Sarbloh Granth.

Guru Gobind Singh Jee started writing Sarbloh Granth in 1698 AD.

I remember hearing/reading about the followers of Dusht Daman had to wait for Dasmesh Pita ji's arrival to give him the manuscript when he requested it from them.

Was Sarabloh Granth completed before Khalsa Parkash?

Edited by jkvlondon

Was Sarabloh Granth completed before Khalsa Parkash?

No

Sarbloh Granth was started in 1698 AD and finished in 1708 AD at Nanded.

Sarbloh Granth contains Khalsa Mahima where Guru jee praises Khalsa.

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

I have heard many Nihangs say that Dusht Daman(Guru Gobind Singh jee's previous life) were a Rishi but it is not correct Guru jee were a MONARCH. 

Have a read of this excellent article

http://tisarpanth.blogspot.in/2013/06/the-legend-of-dusht-daman.html

The so called story of Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Nirankar Ji as a rishi or dusht daman is not compatible with the Sikh Gurus and the Jot of Dhan Guru Nanak Nirankar Ji passing on to the nice other Guru Sahibs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IDOLHATER said:

The so called story of Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Nirankar Ji as a rishi or dusht daman is not compatible with the Sikh Gurus and the Jot of Dhan Guru Nanak Nirankar Ji passing on to the nice other Guru Sahibs.

are you disputing Dasam Granth Bachittaar Natak  Bro ...why would Guru ji say something that is not true...have a care

5 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Sister, there is a HUGE difference in the life style of a rishi and a monarch. Rishis were the one who used to do lots of abhiyaas of Vedas, they used to worship the Hindu trinity-vishnu,brahma, shiv.

Rishis were also Tapasvis and were into meditation. I don't know if Dusht Daman Jee was a Rishi but I have heard that many Rishis of old have reincarnated into Sikh households just so they can be blessed with Amrit Di Daat. They had the spiritual Kamaee but just needed Amrit and became Mukt. Sometimes we see some rare kids who are inclined towards Bhagti. It is possible that kid might have been a Peer or Rishi in his former lifetime(s). Only with good karams are we blessed with Sikhi. It is unfortunate that so many Sikhs don't realize how fortunate they really are to be blessed with Sikhi in this lifetime instead they waste it on sinning and doing Kurahits.

Sorry for going off topic but while on this subject, I was once listening to a Katha. The Kathakar said something along the lines that there are many highly evolved spiritual beings like Peers, Sufis, Rishis, Yogis and even Devtas who are waiting to take birth in this world in Sikh households in particularly Amritdhari households because they thirst for Amrit which can only be obtained from the Panj Pyaras. Even Guru Sahib Jee does Ishara to this by saying "iss dehi ko simrai Dev". Even the Devtas want this human body.

Edited by Jonny101

38 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Rishis were also Tapasvis and were into meditation. I don't know if Dusht Daman Jee was a Rishi but I have heard that many Rishis of old have reincarnated into Sikh households just so they can be blessed with Amrit Di Daat. They had the spiritual Kamaee but just needed Amrit and became Mukt. Sometimes we see some rare kids who are inclined towards Bhagti. It is possible that kid might have been a Peer or Rishi in his former lifetime(s). Only with good karams are we blessed with Sikhi. It is unfortunate that so many Sikhs don't realize how fortunate they really are to be blessed with Sikhi in this lifetime instead they waste it on sinning and doing Kurahits.

Sorry for going off topic but while on this subject, I was once listening to a Katha. The Kathakar said something along the lines that there are many highly evolved spiritual beings like Peers, Sufis, Rishis, Yogis and even Devtas who are waiting to take birth in this world in Sikh households in particularly Amritdhari households because they thirst for Amrit which can only be obtained from the Panj Pyaras. Even Guru Sahib Jee does Ishara to this by saying "iss dehi ko simrai Dev". Even the Devtas want this human body.

I think Maskeen ji said something like this ..and added that Mothers have to have a high avasta to give birth to those waiting and it is becoming harder for them to be born because sikh families are becoming so far from teaching and practising sikhi in their families . He gave example of unseen roo which would drum to indicate different times of the day i gurdwara and people asked him about it and he said it was one of those souls waiting . This was a daily occurence for many months  until one day , then Maskeen ji mentioned that that soul must have been born into a sikh parivar.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I think Maskeen ji said something like this ..and added that Mothers have to have a high avasta to give birth to those waiting and it is becoming harder for them to be born because sikh families are becoming so far from teaching and practising sikhi in their families . He gave example of unseen roo which would drum to indicate different times of the day i gurdwara and people asked him about it and he said it was one of those souls waiting . This was a daily occurence for many months  until one day , then Maskeen ji mentioned that that soul must have been born into a sikh parivar.

Sis would be great if you could find that for me, sounds really interesting. If I recall right Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji also mentioned something similar but involving a child being born just to take amrit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Sis would be great if you could find that for me, sounds really interesting. If I recall right Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji also mentioned something similar but involving a child being born just to take amrit.

This may help your search:

This video is not about souls waiting to take birth in Amritdhari families, but about Mahapursh taking birth and Karam philosophy. Thought may also be of interest: