Jump to content

How Did Naamdharis Split?


Guest Jacfsing2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Jacfsing2

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Something Daas wanted to know was how exactly did people start believing in Ram Singh as a Guru, when he himself said these statements: http://www.namdharitruth.info/history/baba-ram-singh-sikh-of-sri-guru-granth-sahib/ Also from what Daas has learned about him he was somewhat more interested in helping the path of Gurmat than to divide from it, (in fact from some Gurmukhs Daas has heard that he was some Mahapurukh who just happened to get his teachings corrupted). Many of the first Naamdharis of Ram Singh also considered Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Satguru, and Ram Singh even said that he was a servant to the Guru. Even giving Amrit to at least 1000000 people according to the Khalsa Panth. So why did people start believing he was the light of the Guru? Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I remember he was declared Guru whilst he was in prison in Singapore by a group of 'sikhs' and despite his vehement protests they did this manmukh move . He considered himself the lowliest das of Gursikhs but these bemukhs would not relent despite his begging in his jail chittian. Greed has a corrupting influence , we have seen the ghadars of the panth and what the have done in its thrall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Involvement of the Indian congress party infiltrated into naamdhari circles and started these cultist stories.

Raam Singh himself was a highly respected Nihang Singh with a high avastha who did not claim to be a Guru. All of this spin doctoring happened afterwards with the interference of the Indian congress.

Notice how the naamdharis who were previously shatardhari human and social  rights activists as well as freedom fighters suddenly became a very tame quiet group this was also congresses influence .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Which Thakur joined back into the Khalsa panth recently ? Maybe all will return home and forget this breakaway idea now there is no named guru

I know from others that they do Chandi di // as part of their nitnem so it seems strange that they are so passive, they also have a very strong sanatanist world view and do hom havan for some reason any clues?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Which Thakur joined back into the Khalsa panth recently ? Maybe all will return home and forget this breakaway idea now there is no named guru

I know from others that they do Chandi di // as part of their nitnem so it seems strange that they are so passive, they also have a very strong sanatanist world view and do hom havan for some reason any clues?

It was Thukar Dalip Singh who said that. He's okay. I saw one of his videos where he was talking negativity about Muslims but was caling the Hindu Gods our( as in SIkhs)  gods too ,but I like how he wants to Unite the Sikh Panth Again and how he is working to gain that goal. I also like  how  people are realizing  that Namdharis are not bad people. I especially like how common you can find them doing kirtan in Gurdwaras which is good beacuse they do kirtan in raag and its kind of like a revival of Gurmat Sangeet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Jacfsing2
On 10/17/2016 at 4:25 AM, jkvlondon said:

From what I remember he was declared Guru whilst he was in prison in Singapore by a group of 'sikhs' and despite his vehement protests they did this manmukh move . He considered himself the lowliest das of Gursikhs but these bemukhs would not relent despite his begging in his jail chittian. Greed has a corrupting influence , we have seen the ghadars of the panth and what the have done in its thrall.

What Ghadari? All the original Naamdharis were followers of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, in fact their first 3 "gurus", were all Gursikhs, (these 3 are Balak Singh, Maharaj Singh, and lastly Ram Singh), who all believed in Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Guru. All the Kuka Movement Naamdharis who fought against the British were also Sikhs, it seems only recently that they split; (they also had one of the strictest maryada while they were still Sikhs, and were a martial group).
,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

What Ghadari? All the original Naamdharis were followers of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, in fact their first 3 "gurus", were all Gursikhs, (these 3 are Balak Singh, Maharaj Singh, and lastly Ram Singh), who all believed in Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Guru. All the Kuka Movement Naamdharis who fought against the British were also Sikhs, it seems only recently that they split; (they also had one of the strictest maryada while they were still Sikhs, and were a martial group).
,

not saying Baba Ram singh was , I was pointing out how greed has corrupted in the past and that has lead ordinary sikhs suffering under those corrupt  sikhs ' guidance. The ghadars according to Baba ji himself were the bemukhs who were calling him a Guru ...i.e. those who took it too far and tried to create an alternative panth. They stopped being martial during the British Raj according to the website above when KIrpans were outlawed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Naamdharis took great effort to learn classical music and raag vidiya they actually have knowledge of raag and it's accompanying instruments etc. Their performance of Kirtan is to be admired for keeping purataan true raag vidiya traditions.

They are far superior to main stream Sikhs in this regard , many jathas have no proper knowledge of correct raag or traditional Khalsa instruments...vajah aka European harmonium is not a traditional Kirtan instrument...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cisco_Singh said:

Naamdharis took great effort to learn classical music and raag vidiya they actually have knowledge of raag and it's accompanying instruments etc. Their performance of Kirtan is to be admired for keeping purataan true raag vidiya traditions.

They are far superior to main stream Sikhs in this regard , many jathas have no proper knowledge of correct raag or traditional Khalsa instruments...vajah aka European harmonium is not a traditional Kirtan instrument...

naamdharis and a few gursikhs who were descendents of hazoori raagis kept the knowledge , I think it is much like the event of Guru Pita ji's shastars going away to Queen Victoria's treasury , Guru ji moved the items away from harm's way until later . Hopefully with ardas and Guru ji's apaar kirpa like the shastars the knowledge will again come back and knowledge become mainstream and there is a full revival ... I would refrain from cussing Gursikhs because they were under the kosh much more than the naamdharis since 1947, and they have been misled by SGPC attitudes to parchaar (non-existent) .The only reason that the Naamdharis  have this preservation is down to one of their gurus deciding to push for this ... all is destined by Guru ji. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/10/2016 at 5:34 PM, jkvlondon said:

naamdharis and a few gursikhs who were descendents of hazoori raagis kept the knowledge , I think it is much like the event of Guru Pita ji's shastars going away to Queen Victoria's treasury , Guru ji moved the items away from harm's way until later . Hopefully with ardas and Guru ji's apaar kirpa like the shastars the knowledge will again come back and knowledge become mainstream and there is a full revival ... I would refrain from cussing Gursikhs because they were under the kosh much more than the naamdharis since 1947, and they have been misled by SGPC attitudes to parchaar (non-existent) .The only reason that the Naamdharis  have this preservation is down to one of their gurus deciding to push for this ... all is destined by Guru ji. 

 raag vidiya has been mostly lost and replaced with singing Kaachi bani to Bollywood style beats in some cases, with no sense of correct raag , using incorrect non purataan instruments..

In the same way shastar vidiya and the correct usage of weaponry and it's accompanying warfare tactics has been mostly lost and replaced by "gatka" circus performers , with sticks performing tricks like blind folded cocunut cutting.

In these days where so much knowledge via the internet , libraries, books etc is available purataan knowledge should be actively seeked and restored by Sikhs instead of blindly following pakkhandi versions of true purataan vidiya.

Yes, lack of knowledge. Education and misleading by SGPC and the British are the cause. But that's no excuse to keep blindly following the incorrect practises in this day and age. The naamdharis realised this and regained raag vidiya   why can mainstream Sikhs follow suit ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I saw the video on TikTok I think. It was at Wembley Stadium and I was unable to bookmark/favourite it because Tiktok decided to refresh. It was the "mainstream" Chaupai Sahib you will hear at a Singh Sabha gurdwaras, usually so-called Ramgarhia gurdwaras and also for the past 100 year or so in Harimandir Sahib under the current committee system.  In other words, the sikhs who give up or quit at ਖੜਗ ਕੇਤ ਮੈਂ ਸ਼ਰਨਿ ਤਿਹਾਰੀ ॥ ਆਪ ਹਾਥ ਦੈ ਲੇਹੁ ਉਬਾਰੀ ॥ Lord of the Almighty Sword, provides a shield for my protection. With Your Hands you have saved me.   ਸਰਬ ਠੌਰ ਮੋ ਹੋਹੁ ਸਹਾਈ ॥ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਦੋਖ ਤੇ ਲੇਹੁ ਬਚਾਈ ॥੪੦੧॥ You bestow help on me at all places and rescue me from pain and the designs of my demons.401. Kharag kait mai sarann tihaaree. Aap haath dai leho ubaaree. Sarab thor mo hoho sahaaee. Dustt dokh té leho bachaaee. (25) O The Lord of Sword, I seek Your protection. With Your Hands you have guarded me. At All Times be my Support. Save me from wickedness and pain. (25).
    • Bro, can you post from what line to what line they did paath of?
    • A decade later and I can show you all what the problem is. Both Khalsa Primary School and students from Pioneer Secondary Academy were invited for Vaisakhi celebrations, and they done a Chaupai Sahib paat. The problem is, they performed the politics ridden anti-dasam Bhasauria mutilated cut version of Benti Chaupai which is disrespectful to traditional puraatan samrpadaiye and mahapurakh. If bani politics is going to be used on children to skip lines from Dasam Pita ji dhan dhan Guru Gobind Singh ji's Benti Chaupai Sahib, that certain groups think it is ok to do, then @serious guptwas right to raise concerns a decade ago! IN 2024, when sangat is much more knowledgable about dasam bani and katha, when we have so many resources - then if we are not allowing our children to learn bani shud and let them choose their groups to follow later, then this raises RED FLAGS IN 2024!!!! AKAAAAL!
    • https://www.youtube.com/@TheWonderous1Channel I found this new channel on YouTube. Apparently they will be uploading a new video every week! Seems good, please subscribe and share with others. Thanks
    • https://www.youtube.com/@TheWonderous1Channel I found this new channel on YouTube. Apparently they will be uploading a new video every week! Seems good, please subscribe and share with others. Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use