Sikh Matrimonial websites

Big_Tera

Just wanted to know if finding a marriage partner through online sites is common these day?

To cut a long story I dont have many family contacts. ie to arrange seeing girls through family network and the ones I have been introduced to are not really what I am looking for.

Anyone have any experience with these sites such as shaadi.com or Sikhsingles? I have never tried these but would be intrigued to know if they work. 

I personally dont see issues with online marriage sites aslong as the people on there are decent ect. But not sure what percentage of Sikhs find marriage partners through these sites.  I am aware that muslims use singlemuslim which has helped with thousands of marriages for them. 

Its increasingly difficult in the modern world to actually meet Sikh females. Due to working long hours. Theres simply a lack of time to meet them at social functions. 

58 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

What is stopping you from getting married ?

First figure that out, ask family, friends, colleagues they might know.

I think you need a Bichola, seek services of a marriage bureau.

Check out

http://sikhshaadiuk.com/events/

Nothing is stopping me. I just put marriage off as I was focusing more on my buisness and career. Its hard work trying to find a Sikh female as theres not many Sikhs where I live. I think online matrimonials could be the future. I mean how else are you suppose to find someone in todays world. At least there is a platform where like minded people can go to who are interested in a serious relationship/marriage and meet one another. I have never tried them before as there is some kind of stigma attached to them in the past.

I think if two people have serious intentions of settling down and marriage then it should be encouraged. Its also a great way to have more intercaste/community weddings.

Thanks for the link. I just wanted to know what are peoples experiences of these sites and which ones would they reccomend? I know you can find risteh through the community but the choice is quite limited. 

Tinder and dating sites get more traffic compared to matrimonials.

Anyway I know three guys who found their wives through online matrimonials.

First was sikhmatrimonials, is going through divorce.

Second Shaadi, is still using the site after getting married and having kids.

Third some Indian site, took my advice and settled for a small town working girl who wanted to settle in big city.