What program do you use for audio recording?

theturbanator

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I'd recommend Adobe Audition - formerly Cool Edit Pro - I think it's quite good - but I haven't really used/don't know many other programs. Adobe Audition's quite good cos it got useful editing features to improve the sound quality of the recordings, such as getting rid of hiss/cackling sound.

Hope that helps :TH:

Fateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Thanks for the info! I know about some of them, and I was looking for something a little more automated than eg: Soundforge (I have this already). A program where you can set it up initially, hit record, and then stop when you are done. Some of these programs require you to, after recording, go "Save as", and then it takes a couple minutes to save.

I need something faster so that I can make MP3s on the fly while recording. I know MusicMatch can do this, are there any others?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Yeah, obviously you need RAM and CPU speed, but for Musicmatch for example all you do is type in the album name, and hit record. It records on the fly as MP3. So when you hit stop, it takes like 3 seconds, and then you can hit record for the next "track" in the same album to record.

I'm looking for programs like that. Anyone?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!